Should children be allowed to drink alcohol at home?

Should children be allowed to drink alcohol at home?

• Yes

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Drug abuse is:

1. using legal drugs (OTC and prescription) or chemicals (inhalants) in an illegal way

2. using illegal drugs or chemicals

Alcohol is a legal drug for adults (age 21) in the United States.

Alcohol is an illegal drug for minors in the United States.

Wow, I don't know fruit is drug.

You said that you allow your children to have a sip of alcohol which is wine, You also agree with allowing them to drink at home. .

I do believe in open communication, I don't believe in giving access to alcohol and drugs to children. You misunderstood me, You believe in allowing access I believe in communication, showing them how harmful alcohol and drugs.

She was not talking about drugs and I don't think it is related to the issue. If I said something about Americans being fat, they haven't taught their children how to eat right. They are killing the kids with food just like drugs and alcohol too. Maybe we need to make a law about food in the U.S. It is getting out of control and we are seeing kids with diabetic type 1 and 2.

Americans who haven't been to Europe dont understand very well about their various cultures. Lielbling is not being a bad parent and she has her own culture and style how to raise her kids. Is this wrong?

To opposite to me, my siblings and I came from horrible childhood background. My parents educate us NOTHING... really NOTHING... We were like you who go to parties and abuse alochol for the fun.... because we know nothing how to respect anything when we were young... until I married and learn how to respect an alochol... :ugh3: I learn a lot from my hubby what and how he was raised to respect alochol. His first beer when he was 14 years old. :eek3: I live in Germany for almost 22 years and know a lot... what/how to respect alochol, that's why we expose my children to respect alcohol and legal drugs (medicine for headache, flu, thyriod, etc)

From your decription about your best friend sounds wonderful because we did the same thing as your best friend's parent as well. Your best friend's parents did not neglect their education to expose your best friend like this. (sports, games, swim, trips, etc) We make sure that my boys done with their homework first before we allow them go out. We parents fix the limit for our children.

Look, we were no angel when we were teenagers but turn into good people... My brother is a successful business man and own a big company and travel alot. I has a good and successful job and have lovely family and house and travel alot. My 10 year younger sister is successful career woman which we are moviate to work for our future ourselves. It's not just us but many people did like that, no matter either they come from good home or horrible home.

It's people themselves who willing to moviate something themselves when they decides to not look at their parent's roles or not.

Yeah agree.. Also We re very fortunate and live happy because I sees a someone start drink or drug than they becomes addict with drug and Alcohol then on the way to death, jail or other! :eek: :):):)

I agree...here in the US, it is illegal for anyone under 21 to drink and I am not gonna break the laws.

Me either, or do I want my children be taken away from the Department of Child Services, no way so that's why I prefer to follow the law than taking the risk of my children being taken away.

Everyone break the law like drive 40mph in 35mph. oh my god! I broke the law for speeding!

My point.. If there is no LAW then it's okay to feed kids too much food like that? That's child abuse and Department of Child Services do nothing since no LAW.

7 Year Old Girl Weighs 400lbs Or 141kg Video

Oh poor to her.

Wow, I don't know fruit is drug.
Notice I said "alcohol" is a drug. Alcohol is a depressant. That includes fermented liquid of any source. It's not the fruit, the hops, the potato, the rice, corn mash, or sugar base that is the "drug"; it's the ethanol that is the end result of the fermentation and distilling processes.

I guess you could call wine grape-flavored ethanol.

My vote says NO! for kids drink alcohol till become adult

mostly children would sneak from parents to drink alcohol without knowledges of parent's permission that wrong!

When i have my own children one days i dont give my own children drink till become 21 years old but can drink soda,water,etc as non-alcohol drinks.

When im become over 21 years old i drink beer and wine both because my mom not allowed me have alcohol because im sezuire and i have hard time to sneak from my mom to buy beer and wines and i would like drink bars once not too MUCH! but my mom can give me alcohol for permission im 25 years old that my choice.

Mostly parents always drink beer and wine lots and dont give kids drink underages its LAWS.

Im sure in Europe can drink at ages 18-21 that stranges for me and dont getting wild and crazy for underages teenagers.And also in USA can drink at 21 years old its laws im not joking but im sure parents need kept eyes for underages teenagers who have drink as alcohol or wait till become 21 years old in USA and also Europe always know what limit ages at 18 years old

My vote says NO! for kids drink alcohol till become adult

mostly children would sneak from parents to drink alcohol without knowledges of parent's permission that wrong!

When i have my own children one days i dont give my own children drink till become 21 years old but can drink soda,water,etc as non-alcohol drinks.

When im become over 21 years old i drink beer and wine both because my mom not allowed me have alcohol because im sezuire and i have hard time to sneak from my mom to buy beer and wines and i would like drink bars once not too MUCH! but my mom can give me alcohol for permission im 25 years old that my choice.

Mostly parents always drink beer and wine lots and dont give kids drink underages its LAWS.

Im sure in Europe can drink at ages 18-21 that stranges for me and dont getting wild and crazy for underages teenagers.And also in USA can drink at 21 years old its laws im not joking but im sure parents need kept eyes for underages teenagers who have drink as alcohol or wait till become 21 years old in USA and also Europe always know what limit ages at 18 years old

If your children is 18 or 19 then moved out recently and you have no choice to control on them.

Everyone break the law like drive 40mph in 35mph. oh my god! I broke the law for speeding!

My point.. If there is no LAW then it's okay to feed kids too much food like that? That's child abuse and Department of Child Services do nothing since no LAW.

Oh poor to her.

Yup, I'm one that broke the stupid speeding law and never got fined. :)

She was not talking about drugs and I don't think it is related to the issue. If I said something about Americans being fat, they haven't taught their children how to eat right. They are killing the kids with food just like drugs and alcohol too. Maybe we need to make a law about food in the U.S. It is getting out of control and we are seeing kids with diabetic type 1 and 2.

Americans who haven't been to Europe dont understand very well about their various cultures. Lielbling is not being a bad parent and she has her own culture and style how to raise her kids. Is this wrong?

Right!!! Lielbing isn't bad parent, though since she's in different culture.

Cane Corso and Pacman, :ty: for your open mind to convince Cheri's post and know where I come from.

It's same thing as in Holland. They are allow to grew the weeds to make drugs in their garden. Guess what: Drug abuse in holland is very low than other countries because they know how to respect drugs thru their parental education. :shock: Drugs is an illegal here in Germany which Holland doesn't.

Notice I said "alcohol" is a drug. Alcohol is a depressant. That includes fermented liquid of any source. It's not the fruit, the hops, the potato, the rice, corn mash, or sugar base that is the "drug"; it's the ethanol that is the end result of the fermentation and distilling processes.

I guess you could call wine grape-flavored ethanol.

No, alcohol is not depressant itself but the people.

Of course wine make out of green, black and red grapes. Grapes belongs group of fruit.

Oh poor to her.

:gpost: The foods and drinks are the same thing to educate the children to not abuse the foods and drinks.

I got *goose bump* when I saw the video yesterday. I feel bad for her. :tear: :( It shows is parental negligence which is really sad.

Back