Should ASL be reserve to culturally Deaf people only?

............................................................................................ I think what many here are really saying isn't listen to the deaf, but "listen only to my deaf experience, disregard any other deaf out there.
Bingo! That is what I pick up too.

can you link to at least one post. If there all over you should not have any problem finding one.

If you have been reading throroughly, you shouldn't have any problem with reaching the same conclusion.

Let's see...transferred daughter to oral only ed after implantation from a bi-bi program, etc etc etc. And all you really need to is go back and re-read all of her posts in this thread. If you are already here, you simply need to scroll back. You have the link.

Now, do you have anything to add to the topic, or are you just here as FJ's attorney?

She most definately supports oral only education and sees a CI as the first approach to deafness. By her own admission.

I've seen her support ASL education, bi-bi education, and oral education, but never anti-anything except a position of NOT taking educated action to provide a child with the best possible learning environment for that child.

Her own child was implanted very later by today's standards: ASL was her first approach to deafness.

I've seen her support ASL education, bi-bi education, and oral education, but never anti-anything except a position of NOT taking educated action to provide a child with the best possible learning environment for that child.

Her own child was implanted very later by today's standards: ASL was her first approach to deafness.

Oh, yes! By today's latest standards! Why of course we all know that CI drastically changes the deaf child and opens up opportunities in the way that no other devise ever has!!:roll:

They have been saying the same thing with each new technological advance and since Milan. Unfortunately, nothing has changed for the deaf child.

BTW: you might keep in mind that you see what you want to see. The majority of this forum sees something else. Is your motive to being here simply to defend FJ or is it to learn from the people who have lived with deafness all of their lives?

And I think she resent it and wished she went the other route because she seen too many who can hear and speak .sure she went toward ASL but it doesn't mean kshe's happy.

And I think she resent it and wished she went the other route because she seen too many who can hear and speak .sure she went toward ASL but it doesn't mean kshe's happy.

Are you talking about Jillio??

You have very good intuition.

Is your motive to being here simply to defend FJ or is it to learn from the people who have lived with deafness all of their lives?

Why don't you set up a poll and we can all justify our existence to you, Jillio. Then you can take all that hard data and cite it whenever you feel the urge.

Why don't you set up a poll and we can all justify our existence to you, Jillio. Then you can take all that hard data and cite it whenever you feel the urge.

Frankly, I don't want to exert the time and the effort polling regarding something that is already obvious to the vast majority here.

Back