Should ASL be reserve to culturally Deaf people only?

Right back at you. Why is ok for people on the forum to call oral only deaf people illiterate, social misfits, say that they are miserable, and on and on, when they themselves say they are happy????

What makes you the authority here?

I am suggesting that everyone's perspective is valid, not just one.

Alright:

So if a person claims that they're very happy even though they "got by", "understood only 30-40%" of the materials, demanded that people treat them as people with hearing loss because they "appear hearing" due to skillful faking amongst many other factors growing up - it must be that they're very happy even though they are going against it the hard way?

Even if they PREACH it hardcore - I wouldn't believe them a bit. My reason: I am a poker player.

Alright:

So if a person claims that they're very happy even though they "got by", "understood only 30-40%" of the materials, demanded that people treat them as people with hearing loss because they "appear hearing" due to skillful faking amongst many other factors growing up - it must be that they're very happy even though they are going against it the hard way?

Even if they PREACH it hardcore - I wouldn't believe them a bit. My reason: I am a poker player.

That is you deciding that your way is better than his.

Alright:

And THAT'S exactly why I don't even bother talking about myself. People have made accusations about me, saying how I'm socially inept, etc. It's okay to make assumptions about me, just as I make assumptions about you (general). Just don't shove it down my throat without backing it up for my SPECIFIC case. That's all I ask.

I am suggesting that everyone's perspective is valid, not just one.

Oh, but when we share OUR perspective, we get told that's not good enough, that it's not how it's done, and that the definitions are different? I can find you plenty of threads in which you've done just that. And, you've laughed at us. You've included the "giggle" icon when someone's perspective of how to say a word was not the same as yours.

Certainly, and it's about informing people about your hearing loss and the person's accommodation needs, wherever necessary. Accommodations vary from one person to the next with hearing loss ranging from mild to profound, and whether its in one ear or both ears.

And THAT'S exactly why I don't even bother talking about myself. People have made accusations about me, saying how I'm socially inept, etc. It's okay to make assumptions about me, just as I make assumptions about you (general). Just don't shove it down my throat without backing it up for my SPECIFIC case. That's all I ask.

I've reached that point as well. When I have talked about myself or my past experiences, it's been cut down by these same parents. Nevermind that terminology has changed or methodology has changed; it's STILL what you or I or countless others went through here. We're just about done trying to share that anymore.

Oh, but when we share OUR perspective, we get told that's not good enough, that it's not how it's done, and that the definitions are different? I can find you plenty of threads in which you've done just that. And, you've laughed at us. You've included the "giggle" icon when someone's perspective of how to say a word was not the same as yours.

I was being attacked for a typo and I found it ironic, yes.

I have never once told someone that they are lying about what they went through (like PFH is doing now). There is a huge difference between saying that methodologies have changed and claiming that someone is lying about their experiences.

:gpost:

hence my paradoxy..

I've reached that point as well. When I have talked about myself or my past experiences, it's been cut down by these same parents. Nevermind that terminology has changed or methodology has changed; it's STILL what you or I or countless others went through here. We're just about done trying to share that anymore.

:wave: I stopped a long time ago, and just wander the threads saying, "what??" in a surprised manner. :lol:

I was being attacked for a typo and I found it ironic, yes.

I have never once told someone that they are lying about what they went through (like PFH is doing now). There is a huge difference between saying that methodologies have changed and claiming that someone is lying about their experiences.

What typo ??

:wave: I stopped a long time ago, and just wander the threads saying, "what??" in a surprised manner. :lol:

or in my case...."WHAT the ???????"

J/K

:lol:

I like your avatar! Cute!

What typo ??

That thread you are talking about, when I put the :giggle: I was being attacked for typing a similar word, and was being called stupid. And PFH said that through sounded similar to whatever word.....I don't remember exactly, but yeah, I laughed because he was calling me stupid for mistyping.

Back