Should ASL be reserve to culturally Deaf people only?

No. You parents demand to know where to find resources for learning sign. We try our best to tell you, even offer to practice with you by using skype or VP. Have a single one of you taken us up on it ? No. No. No. NO !!!!!!

No. We share how we learned speech therapy and the like, and we get told "oh no, that's just not how it's done." YES, by god, that is exactly how it was done. For US. I don't give a shit if it's done different for your daughter today. It's STILL how it was done for us. You're invalidating our experiences with all the No, No, NO !!!!!!!!

I never asked for signing resources, so I assume that is aimed at someone else....

Again, no one has ever said that it didn't happen that way for you. If you read, we are very clear to say that we are talking about what happens today. Why does it bother you that it is different?

Sadly , I have to agree with this one. I have a huge vocabulary, but a lot of it I wouldn't know how to say out loud.

And would you ever claim that a person is not fluent in English because they mistype a word? And would you claim that the person is an idiot and must have typed it wrong because they sound the same (even though they don't).

And would you ever claim that a person is not fluent in English because they mistype a word? And would you claim that the person is an idiot and must have typed it wrong because they sound the same (even though they don't).

I don't think any of them should being doing that. Some of my hearing family members and friends have learning disability and I would be very upset if they say something about their writing

Wow.

Many of us, deaf or hearing alike, misspell.

You don't poke fun of a deaf person for how something is pronounced.

I totally get you now.

Wow.

I was being attacked and told I was an idiot. He claimed that I made the mistake because the words sound the same (and again, they didn't). He brought it up, and he was wrong.

No. I try to be fair.

(with the exception of kids who come in and purposely misspell with lots of Z> Then yes I would call them an idiot.)

No. I try to be fair.

(with the exception of kids who come in and purposely misspell with lots of Z> Then yes I would call them an idiot.)

Yez! Plz do! Cuz that is juzt zo annoying!

I don't think any of them should being doing that. Some of my hearing family members and friends have learning disability and I would be very upset if they say something about their writing

Nobody should criticize anyone's grammar whether deaf or hearing except for those who replace the s with z. :lol:

No. You parents ...
Ease up Alley Cat, we are not one entity. You cannot lump PFH, Jillio, DeafGal, FJ and me into one homogeneous, like-minded group called "you parents." And we are you, in many cases: members of the deaf community.

Have a single one of you taken us up on it ? No. No. No. NO !!!!!!
Again, take a breath. Yes, yes, yes. As a matter of fact, I do have a poor, suffering Skype pal who is Deaf and has to bear with my attempts. And you do know that FJ is qualified as an interpreter, right? I very much suspect parents such as Jillio and PFH are also quite fluent.

I don't give a shit if it's done different for your daughter today. It's STILL how it was done for us. You're invalidating our experiences with all the No, No, NO !!!!!!!!

No, we're not invalidating your experience, I'm certain it was done as you describe. But I do 'give a shit if it's done different for my daughter today,' and am making damn sure it is not what you experienced.

Ease up Alley Cat, we are not one entity. You cannot lump PFH, Jillio, DeafGal, FJ and me into one homogeneous, like-minded group called "you parents." And we are you, in many cases: members of the deaf community.

Again, take a breath. Yes, yes, yes. As a matter of fact, I do have a poor, suffering Skype pal who is Deaf and has to bear with my attempts. And you do know that FJ is qualified as an interpreter, right? I very much suspect parents such as Jillio and PFH are also quite fluent.

No, we're not invalidating your experience, I'm certain it was done as you describe. But I do 'give a shit if it's done different for my daughter today,' and am making damn sure it is not what you experienced.

Do you remember when a person was "vacationing" things were quite calm in here and everyone actually agreed on things.................................

That in itself should say something.

Do you remember when a person was "vacationing" things were quite calm in here and everyone actually agreed on things.................................

That in itself should say something.

Seems like a lovely dream right now. Did it really happen?

Back