Seems like every deaf person I meet is a pothead

State of Massachusetts passed vote yes for smoking pot, purpose for the medical reason. Wait for the legstive pass then, can you host weeds party?

Weeds brownies
weeds cookies
weeds cake
weeds salad, etc.... we will be stoned for 24 hrs ! :smoking:

:lol: :dance::dance: Time for Party !!!

And Weed Tea too.

Are you pothead??

The police was called this morning because I woke up gagging and coughing hard for breath. We had to close the bathroom door as the scent was just too putrid.

Hubby informed the landlord and the landlord said he would make the report. It was not enough for me because last night I did research on the internet. There were Canadian laws about multi-units sharing a building and the respect of air/space we need to abide by.

There actually is a law in Canada stating that smokers/tokers is not classified as a group and they had to respect the air they share with other non-smokers/non-tokers.

Police came and smelled our bathroom where the noxious odours was, took our report and went from there on. Police said they were going to inspect for marihuana from the other units.

sorry to hear, Bucket. The air duct in bathrooms are usually shared by others in apartment. I know the feeling because every morning, my neighbor (grandma) makes something that gives off the smell and I smell it in bathroom every day.... Not that it smells as bad as yours but it's still a smell which I don't want to smell everyday.

What I can suggest for you is to seal the air vent in your bathroom with plastic/tape.... a temporary solution.

I'm deaf, and I have never in my life smoked anything, and I have never had a drink of alcohol except when I didn't know it had alcohol. I have been in college and university since 1997 and am under the impression that it's the college student community that has all the potheads, not specific to hearing or deaf, though every pothead I've ever met so far in real life is hearing.

I had experienced weed, and i have also experienced dismay at looking for new people, it seems you are having problems with the crowd that is 'clicky'. I mean its not you, its them, they are not fairly welcoming, and seems so that the welcoming ones are the potheads since its easy to say 'would you like to join us'? and have nothing more to say which may be intrusive or implying differences...sits easy for them to ask you to join. Atraight people however seem to worry more and 'hide' their life plans, wealth, business, and therefore limits who them associate with (this is partly my theory).

It take practice to get past that 'difference' like social skills to be used in finding friends, not oppurtunitys. This is where you may need to consider to ak yourself "how do I approach people and how does it comes back to me by way of what do they seek from me?"
Its hard to explain this but its like subconsciously they seek out to you, and its like you need to send out different messages often you are not aware of what you are doing. i have experienced this and it takes ages. And sorry, in society drugs is badly attractive and rampant, as long as there i hopelessness in society (job losses, etc) there will going to be (young) people lured to this, frankly i havent got an idea how to get around that. Just a hobby (Not computers , something else that you can physically relate it with people)

The rest is over to you
Cheers

I used to be a pothead. That was 32 years ago but not any more. I stopped smoking "Tokes" when I was in H.S, with my hearing friends. Thank goodness....

What is there to debate about WHO you meet Alex? You might be in the wrong deaf culture in a certain geographical location. It is like living in ghetto and say "Seems like every hearing person I meet is poor, let's discuss" with people in general population all aspects, i.e. high class, middle class and low class.

WHO you meet shouldn't be something that we SHOULD discuss.

About Deaf population in GENERAL, not ALL of them are pothead if you ask me.

Clear? :)

I didn't read the entire thread...
Was it George Karlin who said, "I don't need pot, I'm paranoid on my own."? haha
in my case it would be "spacey enough"

What is there to debate about WHO you meet Alex? You might be in the wrong deaf culture in a certain geographical location. It is like living in ghetto and say "Seems like every hearing person I meet is poor, let's discuss" with people in general population all aspects, i.e. high class, middle class and low class.

WHO you meet shouldn't be something that we SHOULD discuss.

About Deaf population in GENERAL, not ALL of them are pothead if you ask me.

Clear? :)

Agreed. It's all about the speculation if we say one is for all and all is for one. Of course, in general, not everyone is the same. So in other words, it's tit for tat. :)

I used to smoke pot when I was thirty years old, but quit about six months. I quit smoking the ciqarette almost twenty years ago amd I quit drinking alcohol twenty years ago. So when I drink the sparkling wine it is for the New Year eve or special occasion. It is good to quit all those garbage as it is costing too much money to buy them like that. Glad I am clean now. lol

NorCal20, I did not know that smoking the weeds would help a person with ADHD to calm down his hyperactive. My hearing son has ADHD and he did smoke pot along with his wife. My hearing husband is a pothead. I am deaf and glad I quit everything to better myself and save my money. So I am not a pothead anymore. :D

I used to be a pothead. That was 32 years ago but not any more. I stopped smoking "Tokes" when I was in H.S, with my hearing friends. Thank goodness....

I forgot to add that it's peer pressure... I remember hearing students said to me to come and join them for smoking. At first, I said no, and then, some students said to me that we will not be your friends if you refuse. I was stuck. I had no choice but I joined them, anyway. One of the students said to me, "what a cool person you are?!" :roll:

im deaf and not a pot head and i resent that statement that would be like saying everyone i met who has your name is an @ssH0Le!

I forgot to add that it's peer pressure... I remember hearing students said to me to come and join them for smoking. At first, I said no, and then, some students said to me that we will not be your friends if you refuse. I was stuck. I had no choice but I joined them, anyway. One of the students said to me, "what a cool person you are?!" :roll:

bad idea you always have a choice sometimes saying no makes you Cool!

Not to play devils advocate or saying I'd support it, but if they would just legalize and find way to regulate it, it could rapidly be the highest revenue crop grown in our economy, purchased by other Americans instead of billions of dollars going out of country while they continue to smuggle it or illegally grow it here in America.

While I read this thread in a while ago and now ... quite interesting... in my life, I barely met a several potheads and I usually met some friendly deafies. :dunno: ^_^

It could be anyone who won't admit to you. I don't know that person did until I found out later.

Not to play devils advocate or saying I'd support it, but if they would just legalize and find way to regulate it, it could rapidly be the highest revenue crop grown in our economy, purchased by other Americans instead of billions of dollars going out of country while they continue to smuggle it or illegally grow it here in America.

Yeah, it could benefit many things along with what you said! (It was heavily discussed in other thread)

I would say that Alex happened to approach a group of deafies who are potheads a the Expo, but in reality it's numbered much smaller than that everywhere... also that he went to the NJ deaf expo so therefore we should expect more deaf potheads there since in the NJ/NY area there has more of them, otherwise.

Back