Scientist trying to end deafness

Where did I say that I denied the fact of history that Europeans, Spaniards, U.S., and such didn't try and purposely kill off the Indians? The Spaniards did a pretty good job at wiping out the Aztecs civilization. It's a common theme in history on how Indians were purposely targeted for their removal or elimination.

BTW,

Native Americans = Indians in North, Central and South America or Indians of the Americas.

"Europeans, Americans, French, Spaniards brought diseases to Indians who weren't immune to them which caused a depopulation of Native American Indians. Native American Indian culture from various tribes is still around and certainly not completely eradicated though some tribes went extincts since then. Others went extinct on their own."

You.... as usual..... don't need to say it directly just so we (ADers and I) cannot quote you on it but that did not stop me. Your post above is good enough to explain your intention.

2rcseip.gif

*it's a pix of smiley shaking his finger with a sly facial expression, saying "naughty naughty!"

and... since we're (you and I) beating around the bush, am I to assume that you are unable to produce any posts saying that we (ADers and I) do not support it?

It's safe to assume that some are against for the cure of deafness while others are fine with it and want to see it happen. Some are explicit while others are wishy washy about it.

http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-news/53296-cure-deafness-future.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/42927-if-there-magic-pill-cure-deafness.html

I guess I can assume that you're against for the cure on deafness?

You.... as usual..... don't need to say it directly just so we (ADers and I) cannot quote you on it but that did not stop me. Your post above is good enough to explain your intention.

What intention would that be?

It's safe to assume that some are against for the cure of deafness while others are fine with it and want to see it happen. Some are explicit while others are wishy washy about it.

http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-news/53296-cure-deafness-future.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/42927-if-there-magic-pill-cure-deafness.html

so any specific post that we do not support it?

I guess I can assume that you're against for the cure on deafness?
so you're telling me that you do not recall NUMBER of my posts in response to your question on this issue?

What I wonder is why anyone who can't spell Florida and wants to call themselves cherrysodapie, would want to start this big fight, as that was obviously the intention of the originial post.

Which I believe breaks the rules of AD and should get her a ban.

Doesn't explain nor is it clear.

well then I'm sorry. You'll figure it out in time..... hopefully.

I can teach you how to fish but you have to catch the fish yourself :)

to those nitpicking the OP for the whole "flordia" thing - you need to calm down. it was just a typo. if the OP said "flooreedah" then go ahead with the nitpicking.

well then I'm sorry. You'll figure it out in time..... hopefully.

I can teach you how to fish but you have to catch the fish yourself :)

It's been figured out a long time on the status of most Deaf people's opinion for the cure on deafness. If you can't see that then *I* can't help you. The problem is equating the cure for deafness as something that's being done on purpose and to specifcally eradicate of Deaf culture. The goal is the same for blindness, eradicate blindness. But people want to take this a step farther and say it's being done on purpose to destroy Deaf culture specifically. And that's laughable. It'd be an unfortunate by-product of a successful biotechnology effort and that's all there is to it.

It's been figured out a long time on the status of most Deaf people's opinion for the cure on deafness. If you can't see that then *I* can't help you. The problem is equating the cure for deafness as something that's being done on purpose and to specifcally eradicate of Deaf culture. The goal is the same for blindness, eradicate blindness. But people want to take this a step farther and say it's being done on purpose to destroy Deaf culture specifically. And that's laughable. It'd be an unfortunate by-product of a successful biotechnology effort and that's all there is to it.

Okay...

You've never have been in a deaf program at a mainstream school, have you?

oh of course you're bound to find all kinds of resistance. In case you didn't know - that's perfectly normal on any issues. So are you able to find out what my stance is regarding cure for deafness?

First of all - this is a very good news for late-deafened people.
Agreed. While I am VERY pro Deaf, I do reconize that many (NOT ALL, to our late deaf regulars) late deafened people really dislike being without hearing. A cure for late deafened people could really improve their quality of life.
I lurk at the HLAA forums, and while a lot of them love their hearing aids/CIs they still feel that they would LOVE to be able to hear normally.
I'm OK with research into cures for late blindness, or late deafened or whatever condition.
Just b/c they find a cure for those conditions it doesn't mean that it will translate into cures for congential disorders

Back