RIT/NTID room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can believe that, there are alot swamps in that area for all I know.

This sounded much like Disney, he, Walter Disney bought a swap and turned it into Walt Disney World. Now that Orlando residents is real pizzed off at WDW whose they once made fun of Walter Disney.

I pressed a cancel button to put up my post by mistake, and I have to write it again. Grrr.

I wrote my post in the past about the old tunnel from a fraternity building to RIT buildings. Some said that there was never a tunnel in this area. Don't you see that there is a hill between the dormitory and RIT area? That was shut down some years ago due the security reasons.

In years ago, an owner bought a huge swamp for a very cheap price. He developed the RIT campus. He was very smart to find a way to make money. He doesn't care about the animal environment where they used to live. Whatever. If you don't believe me that there was a swamp area, you may see some cattails behind the swimming building or behind an ambulance garage. It is a perfect for you to take some pictures of tall grass with cattails. I don't know about now if they plowed them out for new developments.

Oh, I bet that it was a swamp on a Disney property. I did not think of that. You got good point. I am just wondering if there was seminole that lived that area. The Indian's preserve things probably were destroyed secretly.

Oh, I bet that it was a swamp on a Disney property. I did not think of that. You got good point. I am just wondering if there was seminole that lived that area. The Indian's preserve things probably were destroyed secretly.

But, Walt Disney was a nice and smart man. Animation wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for him. So he deserves a little more credit than what you two are giving him.

You don't know the dark side of Disney, don't you know that most residents in orlando area does not like Disney at all! They ruined their life, FYI..

But, Walt Disney was a nice and smart man. Animation wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for him. So he deserves a little more credit than what you two are giving him.

Do tell me what are the changes. I am just curious.

Bring own microwave in dorm room are banned since early 2000's, that what Vampy was mentioned because of fire safety issue.

You don't know the dark side of Disney, don't you know that most residents in Orlando area does not like Disney at all! They ruined their life, FYI..

You are correct. My sister was in Florida for three months. She had seen so many poor people in the area. I also remember that the Disney's price is very expensive that does not allow poor people to enter the Disney's property.

You don't know the dark side of Disney, don't you know that most residents in orlando area does not like Disney at all! They ruined their life, FYI..

Did I say he never had a dark side? No. I'm saying the good parts of Walt Disney greatly outweighs the bad ones

Look, without him, you two wouldn't have cartoons to watch when you were kids. Yeah, even the Warner cartoon characters are indirectly descended from one Walt Disney. Where did you think they got their 30's-40's design styles from?

Yeah, now sit the hell down and be quiet.

Bring own microwave in dorm room are banned since early 2000's, that what Vampy was mentioned because of fire safety issue.

Right, and new rule: No playing with fire alarms. They added a security camera to make sure no one did it.

Right now there is no alcohol allowed. (for the moment, anyways)

Right, and new rule: No playing with fire alarms. They added a security camera to make sure no one did it.

Right now there is no alcohol allowed. (for the moment, anyways)

Finally they are doing something about false fire alarms. They were numerous back then. In my SVP, I lived on 11th floor so I did alot of excercises walking down and up stairs after some clown pull fire alarm.

No Alchohol in rooms? Is there a reason for that? Maybe they are tired of rowdy parties. On the other hand, if one is forced to go off campus for some drinks, there will be more drunk driving?

Finally they are doing something about false fire alarms. They were numerous back then. In my SVP, I lived on 11th floor so I did alot of excercises walking down and up stairs after some clown pull fire alarm.

No Alchohol in rooms? Is there a reason for that? Maybe they are tired of rowdy parties. On the other hand, if one is forced to go off campus for some drinks, there will be more drunk driving?

I agree. The new cameras were installed during my time off. (2001-2006)

Yeah, it's to curb down on problems and to prevent kids from getting in trouble. There has been few car crashes around the Henrietta area in the first time I was there. Few deaf students were killed.

Does that mean that all of the deaf people are placed in certain dormitory buildings because these certain buildings are the only ones accommodated with strobes, etc? Are there no alcohol and no substances floors in the buildings where deaf people are? I really don't care for substances or alcohol, and I'd rather stay out of that scene. I don't are if it's legal.

Well, I forgot to mention that I forgot that I found out a bit more how it works with VR and paying my RIT education. Anyway, I think the lady is a bit unsure, but I have read about it a bit in the past and is pretty much how she said it.

She said that if the program I am interested in is offered locally, then they will pay what it cost to attend school here. She said I will have to be responsible for room and board. I may have to take out loans.

Vampyrox, did your VR pay for room and board, too?

I don't know. I think that VR may have rules, but I do believe that VR tweaks the rules a little to accommodate that specific consumer. I could appeal if I wanted to and disagree with their rules, etc.

In my opinion, I think that VR should cover this because this isn't a school that is in every state. This is a different school, and we are lucky that we only pay 1/3 of the tuition cost which is like 17,000 dollars somewhere. It cost about 10,000 dollars to attend a community college, so as you can see it's not too much greater that they shouldn't help cover everything. I think a hearing student pays somewhere around 30,000 dollars.

This is what I heard from a counselor regarding my state and how they pay. I do know a past counselor told me that the rules sometimes are tweaked to meet that person's special need.

In my opinion, I think that VR should cover this because this isn't a school that is in every state. This is a different school, and we are lucky that we only pay 1/3 of the tuition cost which is like 17,000 dollars somewhere. It cost about 10,000 dollars to attend a community college, so as you can see it's not too much greater that they shouldn't help cover everything.
I do know a past counselor told me that the rules sometimes are tweaked to meet that person's special need.

When I was a student at RIT, I paid a room and board with my own money. Some people are lucky that they don't pay in full for all costs. They had higher SSI which made me pissed off because they buy expensive things during school year. I am aware that some counselors make their judgement by researching their customers' financial. Now, I don't care their SSI anymore. Let them do ever they want for their pleasure. Maybe, some people will end up homeless with no background jobs after they graduate college.

Does that mean that all of the deaf people are placed in certain dormitory buildings because these certain buildings are the only ones accommodated with strobes, etc? Are there no alcohol and no substances floors in the buildings where deaf people are? I really don't care for substances or alcohol, and I'd rather stay out of that scene. I don't are if it's legal.

Back in my time (late 70's), some of us were put in older dorms. I was put in Colby D in my first year. For the strobe, they tape a doorbell on the frame and the strobe is really a regular light bulb. No fire alarm - just the RA waking us up/other people pushing the doorbell. I don't know about the light system now. I hope they do put better light system for the deaf in the older dorms. The older dorms has fewer false fire alarms than Tower A/Ellingson. I think it is because of the light strobes at Tower A/Ellingson. They stay flashing until someone in authority turn it off.

What about if you have some things that you need to lock up. Don't they have like a locker or a small safety box that you have access to?

What about if you have some things that you need to lock up. Don't they have like a locker or a small safety box that you have access to?

They have a drawer that has two pieces of metals that have holes for a lock. They should bring their own lock. I prefer the "combination" lock instead of loosing the key. That shouldn't be a problem as I hope.

They're placed in a mixed dorm. There is a floor that doesn't allow smoking. Alcohol has been banned from all dorms for many years now.

Well, I forgot to mention that I forgot that I found out a bit more how it works with VR and paying my RIT education. Anyway, I think the lady is a bit unsure, but I have read about it a bit in the past and is pretty much how she said it.

She said that if the program I am interested in is offered locally, then they will pay what it cost to attend school here. She said I will have to be responsible for room and board. I may have to take out loans.

Vampyrox, did your VR pay for room and board, too?

I don't know. I think that VR may have rules, but I do believe that VR tweaks the rules a little to accommodate that specific consumer. I could appeal if I wanted to and disagree with their rules, etc.

In my opinion, I think that VR should cover this because this isn't a school that is in every state. This is a different school, and we are lucky that we only pay 1/3 of the tuition cost which is like 17,000 dollars somewhere. It cost about 10,000 dollars to attend a community college, so as you can see it's not too much greater that they shouldn't help cover everything. I think a hearing student pays somewhere around 30,000 dollars.

This is what I heard from a counselor regarding my state and how they pay. I do know a past counselor told me that the rules sometimes are tweaked to meet that person's special need.

My VR pays for half of the tuition. Basically, I'm footing the other half of the bill.

Back in my time (late 70's), some of us were put in older dorms. I was put in Colby D in my first year. For the strobe, they tape a doorbell on the frame and the strobe is really a regular light bulb. No fire alarm - just the RA waking us up/other people pushing the doorbell. I don't know about the light system now. I hope they do put better light system for the deaf in the older dorms. The older dorms has fewer false fire alarms than Tower A/Ellingson. I think it is because of the light strobes at Tower A/Ellingson. They stay flashing until someone in authority turn it off.

They have a better alarm and doorbell system now.

They have a drawer that has two pieces of metals that have holes for a lock. They should bring their own lock. I prefer the "combination" lock instead of loosing the key. That shouldn't be a problem as I hope.

Not anymore. All the furniture has been completely replaced with more modern versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back