RIT/NTID room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the paintings on the walls in the tunnel. I like that because it helped me figure out what dorm I was under. I won't be surprised if some of the paintings were painted over. Some paintings should be replaced but there are some paintings I really like. Like the dancing hands with unplugged jukebox(?). Is that painting still there? How about the tiger ? The painting of an indian woman should be replaced - is it gone?

Uh, I am a returning student at RIT and I can guarantee with 100 percent honesty that there is no bar in the tunnels.

I'm sorry but when I see people act like they know everything then get everything wrong, I feel like it is in my nature to correct them on everything they say.
RIT used to be a wet campus years ago. There was probably a bar in the tunnels... supposedly where Ritchies is right now. :dunno:

I remember the paintings on the walls in the tunnel. I like that because it helped me figure out what dorm I was under. I won't be surprised if some of the paintings were painted over. Some paintings should be replaced but there are some paintings I really like. Like the dancing hands with unplugged jukebox(?). Is that painting still there? How about the tiger ? The painting of an indian woman should be replaced - is it gone?
Could you be more specific about the paintings?

From what I've seen, a lot of the murals haven't changed. A few were painted over due to renovations of the dorms during 1998 to 2001. Some murals were painted over by organizations that "upgraded" themselves.

Eh eh, I remember that! I am not sure Nathan still there, but it did replace the bar there.
RIT used to be a wet campus years ago. There was probably a bar in the tunnels... supposedly where Ritchies is right now. :dunno:

Yeah, probably.

But a rumor, I repeat a rumor has it that it will be a wet campus again thanks to William Destler.

I'll be seeing you around the campus, Vamp.

From what I've seen, a lot of the murals haven't changed. A few were painted over due to renovations of the dorms during 1998 to 2001. Some murals were painted over by organizations that "upgraded" themselves.

Personally, I'd like to see some restoration work done to these murals. So people can see the beauty in them. And people wonder why I look at these walls all the time. ;)

Last edited:
Back in 70's yes there was a bar called "Celler" in the tunnel.

No. It's pointless to talk to a wall. ;)

Nah, you're the wall because you're way too stubborn to admit that you can make mistakes with your facts. Not surprising because anyone who's immersed into the deaf culture has the same mentality as you do, being stubborn and refusing to concede and accept they made mistakes.

Remember, each time a deaf person in said culture make a mistake and doesn't treat it as such, I will always be right there to correct them. Everyone deserves to know the truth about RIT. Consider me the truth police ;)

Last edited:

the dance floor is in black/white checkerboard style. all the dancers are hands - no face just a hand as a person. there is a woman in skirt dancing with her boyfriend you can tell by the hands that they are lovers. there is a hand that looks like a fist - a trouble maker? there is a plug but it is not plugged in - silence.

It would be really nice if you can take digital pictures of all the murals and put it online in here.

What is Ritchies???

Could you PM me those pictures or the link to those pictures? I would be happy to tell you which one exists in my time. That would bring good memories of NTID. Thanks!

Could you fill me in about William Destler??

Could you PM me those pictures or the link to those pictures? I would be happy to tell you which one exists in my time. That would bring good memories of NTID. Thanks!

Could you fill me in about William Destler??

William Destler is the current and ninth president at RIT.

Yup, Al Simone just retired at the end of the school year last year.

Below is the naming of Destler as the new President of RIT back in March:

RIT - News & Events: William Destler named RIT president

Destler's video series:
RIT - The President

In other words, Destler is the President I'm going to be serving under.

the dance floor is in black/white checkerboard style. all the dancers are hands - no face just a hand as a person. there is a woman in skirt dancing with her boyfriend you can tell by the hands that they are lovers. there is a hand that looks like a fist - a trouble maker? there is a plug but it is not plugged in - silence.

It would be really nice if you can take digital pictures of all the murals and put it online in here.

What is Ritchies???

Ritchie is an area where everyone come to play billards, watch tv, play PS3, and Xbox 360.

Kinda pointless if you ask me considering the average RIT student owns at least one video game system.

I pressed a cancel button to put up my post by mistake, and I have to write it again. Grrr.

I wrote my post in the past about the old tunnel from a fraternity building to RIT buildings. Some said that there was never a tunnel in this area. Don't you see that there is a hill between the dormitory and RIT area? That was shut down some years ago due the security reasons.

In years ago, an owner bought a huge swamp for a very cheap price. He developed the RIT campus. He was very smart to find a way to make money. He doesn't care about the animal environment where they used to live. Whatever. If you don't believe me that there was a swamp area, you may see some cattails behind the swimming building or behind an ambulance garage. It is a perfect for you to take some pictures of tall grass with cattails. I don't know about now if they plowed them out for new developments.

I pressed a cancel button to put up my post by mistake, and I have to write it again. Grrr.

I wrote my post in the past about the old tunnel from a fraternity building to RIT buildings. Some said that there was never a tunnel in this area. Don't you see that there is a hill between the dormitory and RIT area? That was shut down some years ago due the security reasons.

In years ago, an owner bought a huge swamp for a very cheap price. He developed the RIT campus. He was very smart to find a way to make money. He doesn't care about the animal environment where they used to live. Whatever. If you don't believe me that there was a swamp area, you may see some cattails behind the swimming building or behind an ambulance garage. It is a perfect for you to take some pictures of tall grass with cattails. I don't know about now if they plowed them out for new developments.

Actually, I do agree with you about the swamp area being turned into RIT. I've heard it is a FACT. That is why we have so many deers living in the woods.

But, that is interesting about the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back