Rider

Ill be 49 soon, Very mechanically inclined ( ex machinist) Built a lot of street rods too.
I didn't realized that you was ex machinist...I was ex machinist... work with Bridgeport milling machine and I can't remember the lathe... all old machines in 1977 through 1979 before I enter computer technology.

I didn't realized that you was ex machinist...I was ex machinist... work with Bridgeport milling machine and I can't remember the lathe... all old machines in 1977 through 1979 before I enter computer technology.
Lathes I worked with was a LeBlonde ( think thats how it was spelled ) used the hydraulic assist for tooling, All manual operation. I worked as a Machinist for 6 years ( my dad was my supervisor ) he is still there, been there since his teens now into his 70's

Ive done all aspects of welding ( mig tig ark and gas )
my specialty was rebuilding, troubleshooting, modifying and designing machinery, I really liked doing it, making custom parts for customers and making stuff for myself to fix things at home lol.... it was unlimited.
Milling machines, cut off saws, pantographs for die making/lettering , band saws, grinders, drill presses.... whole machine shop at my disposal.

Looks good! They are tough tractors. I see lots of them still running around here. I have lathe envy. I keep wanting to upgrade but I don't really have enough power in the garage for a proper one. Is that one still in service at the shop?

Looks good! They are tough tractors. I see lots of them still running around here. I have lathe envy. I keep wanting to upgrade but I don't really have enough power in the garage for a proper one. Is that one still in service at the shop?
Yes, That lathe is still their main one, they did buy a bigger one but it is rarely used. ( why fix it if its not broken right? LOL )
On craigslist theres a few lathes for sale cheap ($2700) 220V 3PH.... who has 3Phase electric in their homes??? lol

We had fun in the shop. Those cardboard and plasyic tubes the mill cutters came in fit perfectly on the nozzles of the air guns ( blow guns ) and we would shoot eachother with them lmao. Little missiles launchers.

Oh, my, you had a mullet.

I used a lathe to carve the wood for my college class. I did okay. I am still nervous around lathe even now.

This was an old craftman rider ( the same one Im fixing for my nephew for a racing rider )
I got this one without a hood so I made one from an old 40 gallon water heater casing, Painted to look like a Busch Beer Can. My buddy took it off and threw it away over the years, so we will custom fab a new hood down the road for the racer.
10444007_724352027638790_4005814955729255213_n.jpg

This was an old craftman rider ( the same one Im fixing for my nephew for a racing rider )
I got this one without a hood so I made one from an old 40 gallon water heater casing, Painted to look like a Busch Beer Can. My buddy took it off and threw it away over the years, so we will custom fab a new hood down the road for the racer.
View attachment 23884

Or a Red Bull can.... almost lol

Back