Rider

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well, My daughter and her fiance are renting a house with a very large yard ( 1 to 1-1/2 acres )
I got them a nice push mower last year BUT its so much work to cut that place especially just having a baby, so today I went and picked up an old riding mower ( really good shape ) to give them as a surprise gift this spring. It is currently a faded orange and white, I am going to custom paint it beforehand....
Cant wait to see the reactions
IMG_3412.JPG

Last edited:
Well, My daughter and her fiance are renting a house with a very large yard ( 1 to 1-1/2 acres )
I got them a nice push mower last year BUT its so much work to cut that place especially just having a baby, so today I went and picked up an old riding mower ( really good shape ) to give them as a surprise gift this spring. It is currently a faded orange and white, I am going to custom paint it beforehand....
Cant wait to see the reactions
View attachment 23831
LOL
I love this even though I am thinking "So #&% what?"
A job well done doesn't need to be repeated, they say.
Except for cutting grass.
You know?

Im beating around the bush asking them what colors they like.... They are suspicious and not answering me lol... So, I may just be a prankster and paint it like WALL-E
Wall-E 8.jpg

They both like Monster Energy Drinks, so I may do the Monster Theme with their favorite colors.

yckKedxoi.jpg

Well cleaned up the motor ( needs a fuel bowl gasket as it drips )
Decided to paint the mower body charcoal metallic grey, black chassis and silver metallic wheels.
The tires are bad as well as the belts ( still works but eventually will break, go flat ) so i am going to get my old riders from a buddys house and strip them down for parts and scrap the rest.
IMG_3413.JPG IMG_3425.JPG IMG_3426.JPG

Well today was productive...
Just needs new tires, belt and seat.
Cleaned the carb, new gasket, cleaned fuel tank and fresh fuel... fires right up.
Sanded, cleaned with acetone, primered and painted....Decals are next.

IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3446.JPG IMG_3449.JPG

These are the decals I made from Monster Drink cans, they have thick double sided tape on the backs , The big square one will go on the rear, the cap will be center cap of steering and if I get more from them also center caps for wheels. the little unleash the beast will be for the "Fast" throttle position, The other little monster Im not sure yet?
I may be painting big monster emblems on the hood, still waiting to see if Monster will send me any free decals?
IMG_3450.JPG

Seatbelt? Dang, that beast will get the job done.
I wasn't kidding when I said I loved it. My brother unloaded a couple riding mowers on me before but they were nowhere as nice as what you are giving them.
While I was using one on the last mow of last season, the engine blew. I'll get it fixed, but I'll tell you they will appreciate it.
You're an okay dude.

Seatbelt? Dang, that beast will get the job done.
I wasn't kidding when I said I loved it. My brother unloaded a couple riding mowers on me before but they were nowhere as nice as what you are giving them.
While I was using one on the last mow of last season, the engine blew. I'll get it fixed, but I'll tell you they will appreciate it.
You're an okay dude.
My buddy had me come get the 2 I gave him in the past, I stripped one down for parts that had a bad trans axle and scrapped the rest. The other I am fixing for my nephew as a racing mower/go cart...lol
This is what he wants, the carb is on amazon for $50

Jeez Louise, how old are you anyway? Making overdeveloped mowers??
I am VERY ashamed I do not know small engine repair.
Oh well.
I better check into that.
I actually thought I could put a 750 motorcycle engine onto a go-cart, and all the eyes I saw were flashing wild.

Oh well.
I actually thought I could put a 750 motorcycle engine onto a go-cart, and all the eyes I saw were flashing wild.
Ill be 49 soon, Very mechanically inclined ( ex machinist) Built a lot of street rods too.

Ill be 49 soon, Very mechanically inclined ( ex machinist) Built a lot of street rods too.
Oh well.
and a friend and I did build one of those... Holy hell it was fast, used regular car tires on it too.
View attachment 23855

Well, today I finally did the custom painting I wanted to do using a paper template.. some wax to remove over spray ( was windy so couldnt cover with plastic ) then outlines with a silver paint pen. Going to clear it later after a good buffing.
IMG_3454.JPG IMG_3455.JPG IMG_3458.JPG IMG_3459.JPG IMG_3461.JPG

Back