Question about SSDI Benefits For baby

What's most stupidest advice ever. The congress can change the SS law whatever they think it is necessary and the SS was created by the congress.

In case, you don't know about SSDI has flaws, especially with medical decision. I know some doctors are strongly biased and sided with patients to produce the fraud medical document - based on fake injuries. The biased doctor and fraud medical document are difficult to prove, but SSA would originally deny any claims that haven't meet requirement, such as conditions are not disability. There is problem with court - the judge forced SSA to accept the claim, even they suspected that claim has fraud medical document and left SSA as not much option, unless the congress change the law to limit the court's influence on claim's decision. There are numerous claims about back problems and I know one of my old worker who got fired for not met job expectation. He told to one of my coworker about he receives SSDI because of back pain, but he admitted it was fake injuries that convinced the doctor to provide a document to support his case. I was humiliated and know why about SSDI is running out of money.

SSDI will running out of the fund and if the congress isn't fixing so SSDI recipients may receive less money.

I'm voter and I voted for congresspeople to run the office. I'm free to express my concern about government's programs and they were very pleasured to hear my concern because many people didn't took those issue seriously.I successfully ASKED the congress to make CC mandatory for online videoand it is my duty to ask the congress about what I want, especially anti-discrmination law for LGBT employees, repeal DOMA (Section 2), raise the federal minimum wage, better worker protection, more funds to Gally and more funds to education.

I'm amazed about you don't understand about how our government works and I'm not going listen to your stupid advice.
Well, it's your rights.

As for SSI/SSDI, it's the law that SSA must support deaf people and other disabled people including people with AIDS. If you complain to Congress about fraud, do you think they didn't know about that? They already know about it for a long time.

FCC made new laws after NAD filed a lawsuit against Netflix. Your letter to Congress had nothing to do with it.

I have a severe to profound hearing loss and I remember being denied for SSI and SSDI benefits. My mother applied for me when I was 18 years old and ever since, they have turned me down. Even an audiologist told me there is absolutely no reason at all to deny me benefits, but I still get denied.

I have a severe to profound hearing loss and I remember being denied for SSI and SSDI benefits. My mother applied for me when I was 18 years old and ever since, they have turned me down. Even an audiologist told me there is absolutely no reason at all to deny me benefits, but I still get denied.
Weird! Since I am deaf, I got SSI when I went to college. Even deaf children get SSI only if parents have no or low income.

You can't get SSDI if you haven't paid SS taxes for at least 10 years while you worked. Same with my deaf wife who worked for the county for a long time and there was no SS taxes on her payroll so that's why she is not eligible for SSDI.

Did SSA tell you why you get denied SSI? Maybe because you live with your parent who has a high income or you have a high income if you live on your own.

Well, it's your rights.

As for SSI/SSDI, it's the law that SSA must support deaf people and other disabled people including people with AIDS. If you complain to Congress about fraud, do you think they didn't know about that? They already know about it for a long time.

FCC made new laws after NAD filed a lawsuit against Netflix. Your letter to Congress had nothing to do with it.

I'm not concerned about deaf people receive SSI/SSDI because most of their medical documents are factual, unlike claims with back problems and psychiatric issues don't have test, except for evaluation - some people lied on evaluation to get different outcome.

I believe SS law, specifically SSDI will change when the congress change the contribution the SS tax to SSDI. It will happening when SSDI is running out by 2016 and they will likely to add new rules to address the fraud issues.

No, that's incorrect, I pushed the congress to support 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA) and this law passed in both chambers. President Obama signed into law.
21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) | FCC.gov

FCC is allowed to make rules, whatever allowed by law and the congress can nullify the FCC rule. See the congress's battle over Net Neutrality.
House of Representatives votes to block net neutrality

Yes, I know some deaf people got denied for SSI too.

I'm not concerned about deaf people receive SSI/SSDI because most of their medical documents are factual, unlike claims with back problems and psychiatric issues don't have test, except for evaluation - some people lied on evaluation to get different outcome.

I believe SS law, specifically SSDI will change when the congress change the contribution the SS tax to SSDI. It will happening when SSDI is running out by 2016 and they will likely to add new rules to address the fraud issues.
I saw the news on TV by the end of last year. SS tax is increased from 4.2% to 6.2% for two years because SS retirement benefits were running out. That avoided cutting those benefits. Remember the retirees were worried about the cuts. It said nothing about SSDI.

No, that's incorrect, I pushed the congress to support 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA) and this law passed in both chambers. President Obama signed into law.
21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) | FCC.gov

FCC is allowed to make rules, whatever allowed by law and the congress can nullify the FCC rule. See the congress's battle over Net Neutrality.
House of Representatives votes to block net neutrality

Are you talking about a petition? Anyway I remember NAD spoke out to Congress about the issue. Matlin Marlee was involved. Then later on, NAD sued Netflix. Any big organization helps alot. NAD, NAACP, Human Rights, LGBT group, etc fight for people.

I saw the news on TV by the end of last year. SS tax is increased from 4.2% to 6.2% for two years because SS retirement benefits were running out. That avoided cutting those benefits. It said nothing about SSDI.

SSDI is part of SS tax that where you and your employer paid into system.

Currently, the combined rate paid by employers and workers is 12.4%. The disability program's rate is 1.8%, while the retirement system's rate is 10.6%. Congress could authorize increasing the share going toward disability payments to 2.6% for two years and then slowly cut it back to 1.8% by 2030. This would keep the disability fund solvent until 2033, but it would shorten the retirement system's predicted lifespan by two years due to lower payroll tax revenue.

Disability trust fund about to run dry - May. 30, 2013

Your claim on TV is called payroll tax holiday - employees pay 4.2% for 2011 and 2012.
Social Security Withholding - Payroll Tax Holiday for 2011 and 2012

There is conclusion, SS Tax include SS Retirement and SSDI combined.

Are you talking about a petition? Anyway I remember NAD spoke out to Congress about the issue. Matlin Marlee was involved. Then later on, NAD sued Netflix. Any big organization helps alot. NAD, NAACP, Human Rights, LGBT group, etc fight for people.

No, CVAA is part of law now and it make easier for NAD to sue the networks if they don't include CC to TV shows and movies.

No, CVAA is part of law now and it make easier for NAD to sue the networks if they don't include CC to TV shows and movies.
Before CVAA becomes a law, NAD sued Netflix for violating ADA law.

OK, so the payroll tax holiday expired and the 2% increase should solve the problem.

No, it didn't create a permanent solution because SSDI is continue to depleting (means running out at faster rate) and the congress is projected to address when SSDI funds are at end line. SSDI is still locked to 1.8%.

I paid 6.2% when I started work at Walmart until resignation in 2010.

I pay less than that. You shouldn't make things up about stuff that you obviously don't use.

My mistake. It's $3-$4 per min.

http://www.interpretype.com/uploads/file/Interpretpe VRI White Paper 090210.pdf

Standard VRI Billing:
Most VRI providers charge per minute for VRI interpreting based upon the time spent
connected to the parties. Fees for VRI typically range between $3.00-$4.00 per-minute. This
can add up rather quickly particularly when the engagement lasts for half an hour or longer.

BTW, there's a VRI provided by Sorensen at my workplace for weekly safety talks. I asked how much it costs but the interpreter is not allowed to answer it. I decided to google it but I couldn't find info from Sorensen.com so I found this one above last year.

No, NAD sued Netflix after CVAA became law in 2010.
NAD Files Disability Civil Rights Lawsuit against Netflix | National Association of the Deaf

Also, Netflix broke the promise by fail to add more CC to majority percent so that NAD sued Netflix, also CVAA helped NAD.

That article didn't mention CVAA.

The lawsuit charges the entertainment giant with violating the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by failing to provide closed captioning for most of its “Watch Instantly” movies and television streamed on the Internet.

The ADA requires that all “places of entertainment” provide “full and equal enjoyment” for people with disabilities. Plaintiffs are asking the court to declare that Netflix’s behavior constitutes a violation of Title III of the ADA, and to require that Netflix provide closed captions on all of its streaming content.

I found out why CVAA was not involved at that time. CVAA was signed in Oct, 2010 but the law for internet CC was released in Jan 2012.

Closed Captioning of Internet Protocol-Delivered Video Programming. | FCC.gov

NAD filed a lawsuit against Netflix in June, 2011.

Last edited:
That article didn't mention CVAA.

I found out why CVAA was not involved at that time. CVAA was signed in Oct, 2010 but the law for internet CC was released in Jan 2012.

CVAA is just updated ADA version to include 21st Century technologies.

Without CVAA, Netflix could appeal NAD to US Appeals Court and eventually rule by US Supreme Court. They will likely to side with Netflix because ADA didn't provide a detail about closed captioning on streaming video so order the congress to amend a new law to make reflective to any technology changes.

Fortunately, Netflix is nice to settlement with NAD to add CC to all streaming video, but not all companies are doing like that.

The closed captioning for streaming video is mandated by CVAA, not ADA.

Note: That's serious discussion and I'm not playing game with you. If you choose to ramble with me so that show about how stupid are you.

Look at the date. That's why CVAA was not involved at the time NAD sued Netflix in June, 2011.

The outcome will be different when you reach to US Appeals Court and US Supreme Court.

I know many organizations (like NAD) won from lower court ruling but if companies choose to appeal so NAD could lose the case in higher court.

Now, Netflix already settled with NAD, without any appeal to higher court.

I will have VRI for Spanish course this fall because my school can't find an interpreter.

The ADA requires that all “places of entertainment” provide “full and equal enjoyment” for people with disabilities. That counts. Places of entertainment include internet. Full and equal enjoyment includes CC.

Based on your logic, all movie theaters would have to include CC to all movies, but they didn't.

ADA isn't clear and they don't include digital technologies, so that why the congress passed the CVAA to make more clear. I was one of them that strongly convinced the congress to support CVAA.

You will have more challenge to your lifestyle and you have to deal because many laws have complication - require the court to interpret the law. If you decided to invoke ADA in your employment so you will have deal with permanent damage between you and employers.

Back