Question about SSDI Benefits For baby

I was thinking of IRS instead of SS. I am not sure if he had job anytime in 2012 and whether his daughter popped out before or after end of 2012. If he had job during 2012 and daughter popped out on time or earlier then he has tax advantage.

Oh, come on, man, don't hesitate to talk shit about SS or whatever. Just kidding!

I have a question again....

should I bring my daughter with birth certificate and social security at social security office?

or I don't have to bring my daughter. just bring birth certificate and social security at social security office?

That's reason why, my ex gf think I shouldn't bring my daughter at social security office because I dont know if they need a proof and see my daughter.

Ex-gf?? Typically men leave after their woman being pregnant or given birth of a baby. SMH, what a cruel world we live in.

All of the questions the OP is asking could be asked directly to the SSI office as they're the professionals trained to answer those questions as we don't know the personal details.

I know that if I went on SSDI if I was suddenly jobless is a comfort to me in today's economy. I know I wont have to go to McDonalds or Wal-Mart to try to make it out there.

Have anyone received child support after I applies for child benefits ? I never does this before.

Wow, a lot of imposters here act as if they works for Social Security Administration. Be warned, you will NOT get straight answer from this forum no matter what. You are going to get screwed by SSA if you take advice from wrong person from here, and you COULD owe overpayment. It is fairly easy to end up with overpayment, trust me with this one. Forget all advices you heard from here.

Make an appointment with SSA, ask for either terp or VRI* service. They DO have their own VRI and their own terp regardless of where your SSA office might be. The advantage of asking for VRI is that you can make an appointment earlier than if you wish live terp present. The earlier, the better.

The rules though SSA has changed a lot and it is based on case by case basis! No two cases are the same, that is why you can not get straight answer from this site. I already found out long time ago, though my ex co-worker. My case and my ex-co worker case is very similar but not exact same case, for some reason my wife qualifies one of SSA entitlement, while my ex-co worker wife can't get any entitlement. The reason, I can not disclose but the reason are just one small difference between me and my ex-co worker, bam his wife can't get while my wife got no problem. At first I couldn't figure out why until I had to dig dig dig and found tweeny tiny small difference but made big deal for SSA. Wow!

Since I don't work for SSA, therefore I am not authorized to answer any of your SS benefits questions, this applies to the rest of AD members here.

* VRI stands for Video Relay Interpreter, very similar as VRS. The difference between these two terms is that with VRS, you make a video Relay service calls to another caller in different room or building or location whatever though telephone while VRI offers face to face conversation with Relay interpreter in between face to face. I have used it, and my wife saw whole thing and was impressed and loved the idea.

Ask SSA reps to see if you are qualified or OVER qualified. Sometimes getting child support can make you overqualified for additional benefits. Again, it DEPENDS on what kind of benefits you are getting and what you are entitled based on your situation. No two different situations will get same benefits.

Have anyone received child support after I applies for child benefits ? I never does this before.

Child support? Are you and your girlfriend live together? If so, you can't get a child support if you and your girlfriend have agreement about how pay to take care of the child.

The child support is reserved for divorced or separated couple who unable to reach the agreement so the court will have to order.

Ask SSA reps to see if you are qualified or OVER qualified. Sometimes getting child support can make you overqualified for additional benefits. Again, it DEPENDS on what kind of benefits you are getting and what you are entitled based on your situation. No two different situations will get same benefits.

Yes, that's true.

If you have any questions so ask SSA representatives, not us and you cannot blame on us if you receive a different treatment because of case to case basis.

* VRI stands for Video Relay Interpreter, very similar as VRS. The difference between these two terms is that with VRS, you make a video Relay service calls to another caller in different room or building or location whatever though telephone while VRI offers face to face conversation with Relay interpreter in between face to face. I have used it, and my wife saw whole thing and was impressed and loved the idea.
I believe that VRI stands for Video Remote Interpreting. My workplace has one for weekly safety talks and official discussions with deaf employees. VRI is available for business only like hospitals, workplaces, police, government agencies, etc. However, NOT all of them have it.

Thanks for the correction, yeah that is what I am talking about.

I believe that VRI stands for Video Remote Interpreting. My workplace has one for weekly safety talks and official discussions with deaf employees. VRI is available for business only like hospitals, workplaces, police, government agencies, etc. However, NOT all of them have it.

you don't know nothing about my whole life! I've been working my ass job for 9 years until I got layoff because of damn economy! that's why I got ssdi not ssi! get it?!!!

Redirect that anger to conservative politicians. And the OP who incited this.

I have two answers in different way but I'm liberal so sticking with first.

Liberal: I don't know but it is more resource to discuss with SSA representative and it is possible for your baby to qualify for SSI.

Conservative: Time for you to find a job, stop being lazy and quit to depend on welfare.

I thought you were conservative. You know, Deaf conservatives are hypocrites at best, ELITE HYPOCRITES! They're brainwashed by their wealthy families and demanded them to preach other Deaf people about financial responsibilities. The moment they lose their job, they go straight to SSA office and collect their disability check. What a sore-ass loser. Being spoiled by their parents and at the same time collecting welfare check. They need a reality check.

I thought you were conservative. You know, Deaf conservatives are hypocrites at best, ELITE HYPOCRITES! They're brainwashed by their wealthy families and demanded them to preach other Deaf people about financial responsibilities. The moment they lose their job, they go straight to SSA office and collect their disability check. What a sore-ass loser. Being spoiled by their parents and at the same time collecting welfare check. They need a reality check.

Yes, I noticed that too, especially in my area and I would rather not comment for some reason.

I'm liberal and don't have problem with SSI/SSDI, however I'm concerned about some people used fraud medical document to receive SSDI, especially fake back pain because they don't want to work anymore. Seriously, we need invent in new test for back pain. I know some people still work and receive SSDI at same time, even make much money.

For me, I want to close the loophole and fix the flaws, that all.

Yes, I noticed that too, especially in my area and I would rather not comment for some reason.

I'm liberal and don't have problem with SSI/SSDI, however I'm concerned about some people used fraud medical document to receive SSDI, especially fake back pain because they don't want to work anymore. Seriously, we need invent in new test for back pain. I know some people still work and receive SSDI at same time, even make much money.

For me, I want to close the loophole and fix the flaws, that all.
How would you do that? Are you that powerful? :laugh2:

How would you do that? Are you that powerful? :laugh2:

I can ask the congress to fix it.

I sent some letters to some congresspeople about my concern and support the bill, especially make CC mandatory for online video.

I can ask the congress to fix it.
SSA can't do anything about it as long as a doctor says that the patient is unable to work due to a health/mental problem. That also includes audiology tests. Hearing loss, deafness or hearing-impaired is listed as a disability by law. You can't ask Congress to change it. My advice for you: Don't waste your breath.

SSA can't do nothing about it as long as a doctor says that the patient is unable to work due to a health/mental problem. That also includes audiology tests. Hearing loss, deafness or hearing-impaired is listed as a disability by law. You can't ask Congress to change it. My advice for you: Don't waste your breath.

What's most stupidest advice ever. The congress can change the SS law whatever they think it is necessary and the SS was created by the congress.

In case, you don't know about SSDI has flaws, especially with medical decision. I know some doctors are strongly biased and sided with patients to produce the fraud medical document - based on fake injuries. The biased doctor and fraud medical document are difficult to prove, but SSA would originally deny any claims that haven't meet requirement, such as conditions are not disability. There is problem with court - the judge forced SSA to accept the claim, even they suspected that claim has fraud medical document and left SSA as not much option, unless the congress change the law to limit the court's influence on claim's decision. There are numerous claims about back problems and I know one of my old worker who got fired for not met job expectation. He told to one of my coworker about he receives SSDI because of back pain, but he admitted it was fake injuries that convinced the doctor to provide a document to support his case. I was humiliated and know why about SSDI is running out of money.

SSDI will running out of the fund and if the congress isn't fixing so SSDI recipients may receive less money.

I'm voter and I voted for congresspeople to run the office. I'm free to express my concern about government's programs and they were very pleasured to hear my concern because many people didn't took those issue seriously. I successfully ASKED the congress to make CC mandatory for online video and it is my duty to ask the congress about what I want, especially anti-discrmination law for LGBT employees, repeal DOMA (Section 2), raise the federal minimum wage, better worker protection, more funds to Gally and more funds to education.

I'm amazed about you don't understand about how our government works and I'm not going listen to your stupid advice.

Back