Question about SEE/ASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading is fundamental. The way I talk may not be comprehended by a typical deaf person. Take note of sarcasm, take note of implications and hind sight.

From now on, I will try my best to simplify myself for you guys to understand me better.
We can read you fine but we can't just understand you. And I can feel you're in a lot of pain... full of injustice and anger. Let it all out. Let it all out. :grouphug:

"Me store go bye sorry"
me no comprede :confused:

Let me correct it for you so that we guys can understand you - "I'm going to store. Bye. Sorry."

Reading is fundamental. The way I talk may not be comprehended by a typical deaf person. Take note of sarcasm, take note of implications and hind sight.

From now on, I will try my best to simplify myself for you guys to understand me better.

"Me store go bye sorry"

The way you talk is comprehended by Deaf people. They are simply telling you that you are dead wrong.

Simplicity is what you have now, simplicity of knowledge. When you are able to enter into a discussion of the topic with more in depth knowledge, come back and try again. **spray, spray, spray**

The way you talk is comprehended by Deaf people. They are simply telling you that you are dead wrong.

Simplicity is what you have now, simplicity of knowledge. When you are able to enter into a discussion of the topic with more in depth knowledge, come back and try again. **spray, spray, spray**

Are you using RAID?

This is very clear. Since you are getting technical, this is actually my technical point of view. However, Signed English by itself is indeed a language since it uses English, may it be a mode or not. Written English is a mode (since we are technical) but is a recognized language by the general public, is it not?

Yep. That is what I am saying - just not in a technical aspect.

Yep. Same answer as above.

Thank God! Otherwise I would be typing "Strong doubt me" and think that's English.

I am very aware English is mandatory in the business word or you will not be successful. This is why I am thankful I never learned ASL to begin with. Kudos goes to my parents.

You do realize, don't you, that you are talking to a certified interpreter? And you are attempting to correct her?:laugh2:

This is very clear. Since you are getting technical, this is actually my technical point of view. However, Signed English by itself is indeed a language since it uses English, may it be a mode or not. Written English is a mode (since we are technical) but is a recognized language by the general public, is it not?

Yep. That is what I am saying - just not in a technical aspect.

Yep. Same answer as above.

Thank God! Otherwise I would be typing "Strong doubt me" and think that's English.

I am very aware English is mandatory in the business word or you will not be successful. This is why I am thankful I never learned ASL to begin with. Kudos goes to my parents.

and you speak Choctaw? Nobody speaks that in the business world or you will not be successful because they'll think you're some voodoo shaman. Thanks god I never learned a primitive language to begin with.

First off, ASL is a visual language because ASL uses conceptual signs.

Do you realize Thomas Gallaudet tried to find someone who willed to teach kids in a sign language? Too bad, Gallaudet had a hard time to find someone because Europeans refused to help. Even Gallaudet did talk to that England person but no luck. They thought sign languages were unnatural or bizarre because sign languages are inferior to spoken languages in the past. So it ended up he met Laurent Clerc and he was willed to help.

While it is true that Modern ASL and FSL share some elements, including a substantial amount of vocabulary. That is why they agreed to mix up with English signs and French signs. But ASL do have more English signs than French signs. But does it means ASL is English? No. ASL is a visual language because it has its purpose for help kids to communicate better.

No wonder, a few people said ASL should move to Canada, just because it is from French. =/

You do realize, don't you, that you are talking to a certified interpreter? And you are attempting to correct her?:laugh2:
I'm not in any attempt to correct you. You could not see any agreement in my previous post?

I don't care if you have a certification. If the president is wrong, I'll say something. If the doctor is right, I'll agree. In this case, I am agreeing with you. It's very silly.

I have masters in language arts. That wouldn't change your point of view, would it?

and you speak Choctaw? Nobody speaks that in the business world or you will not be successful because they'll think you're some voodoo shaman. Thanks god I never learned a primitive language to begin with.
I said I primarily speak English. It is my primary language. I only speak Choctaw when I am around my family. Besides, what the hell is up with voodoo shaman crap? Native Americans have nothing to do with that. Go back to Kenya or wherever you said you are from.

Thank God, I didn't learn a primitive language either!

I know this. Except it is not in wrong order. Which part of "Signed English" do you not understand? It is supposed to have English grammar therefore the order is correct.

SEE is a recognized language by the Supreme court. Don't like it? File a petition.

I'm done here. I am beginning to see the reason why I avoided the deaf culture. So stupid!

America is the only country that has "Country" sign language so bastardized. British Sign Language follows British grammar. French Sign language follows French grammar and so on.

:wave:

I said I primarily speak English. It is my primary language. I only speak Choctaw when I am around my family. Besides, what the hell is up with voodoo shaman crap? Native Americans have nothing to do with that. Go back to Kenya or wherever you said you are from.

Thank God, I didn't learn a primitive language either!

now you know how we feel :wave:

I know this. Except it is not in wrong order. Which part of "Signed English" do you not understand? It is supposed to have English grammar therefore the order is correct.
Why are you having such as hard time understanding English?

ASL came first.

Signed English was a manual mode developed later, as a way to manually express English. It is not a separate language and more than printed English is a language separate from spoken English. SEE signed English uses English grammar because it is English.

ASL doesn't use English grammar because it isn't English, just like the Russian language doesn't use English grammar either.

SEE is a recognized language by the Supreme court. Don't like it? File a petition.
I don't know. Show me their decision, and how it's relevant to this debate. Or are you running out of ammo, and thought that bringing in the big guns of government would bolster your argument? :hmm:

I'm done here. I am beginning to see the reason why I avoided the deaf culture. So stupid!
Cut and run! :laugh2:

America is the only country that has "Country" sign language so bastardized. British Sign Language follows British grammar. French Sign language follows French grammar and so on.
I suppose the British think Americans speak bastardized English anyway, so.... :laugh2:

Agreed. Cut and run. Bye, bye, now. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Why are you having such as hard time understanding English?

ASL came first.

Signed English was a manual mode developed later, as a way to manually express English. It is not a separate language and more than printed English is a language separate from spoken English. SEE signed English uses English grammar because it is English.

ASL doesn't use English grammar because it isn't English, just like the Russian language doesn't use English grammar either.

I don't know. Show me their decision, and how it's relevant to this debate. Or are you running out of ammo, and thought that bringing in the big guns of government would bolster your argument? :hmm:

Cut and run! :laugh2:

I suppose the British think Americans speak bastardized English anyway, so.... :laugh2:
I don't care which came first. SEE is a language. ASL is a language. SEE is a recognized language by the Supreme court. It's even taught in universities as language credit.

Yes, SEE is a mode of English - DUH. English is a language, yes? Written English is considered a language by the general public but in technical aspect it is just a mode of English.

You should have taken a course in personal relations and become certified PR.

now you know how we feel :wave:
No?

SEE is a recognized language by the Supreme court.
source please?

It's even taught in universities as language credit.
source please?

Yes, SEE is a mode of English - DUH. English is a language, yes? Written English is considered a language by the general public but in technical aspect it is just a mode of English.
did you buy your Masters degree from online?

:bsflag:
I don't care which came first. SEE is a language. ASL is a language. SEE is a recognized language by the Supreme court. It's even taught in universities as language credit.

You should have taken a course in personal relations and become certified PR.

No?

source please?

source please?

:laugh2: Master's degree? I don't think this poster has even earned a high school diploma yet.:lol:

ASL is always ASL. I am so glad that ASL is being recognized as a language. I wish people should just stop make sign languages being inferior to spoken languages. Sighs.

source please?

source please?

University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

I'll get back to you about the source for SEE being recognized language by Supreme court. It's in one of the books I have.

Yes, I kind of did. About $25,000 a year. Some classes were online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back