Question about SEE/ASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame that you don't know as much as you think you do. You know only enough to demonstrate exactly how little you really know. Looks like we got us another troll.
Get out the spray can. :lol:

English is the language used by SEE. SEE itself is not a language. It is a mode of a language, just as Braille is a mode of English. SEE, Braille, and Morse code are modes of a language. None of them are languages themselves.
Written English is just a mode yet English is the language. Reading is fundamental.

The extra-strength one, Reba? Or just the regular one?

English by itself is a language. Written English is not a language by some people's standard in this thread since SIGNED English is not a language. See where I'm going with this?

Language = English
Forms of English = Spoken, written, signed. Oh, snap.

I'm afraid not.

It is clear what my linguistic background is. Is it that difficult to assume?

It's likely you don't have a linguistic background if your posts on SEE is any example.

That is exactly my point. The person I quoted said you cannot write a book in SEE. I said she can't write a book in ASL either. I'm American just to put that out there. As if my location under my name didn't say anything.

You don't have a point anyway.

By this logic, a book is not written in ASL. A book is not written in dialects - much like French dialect used by Africans. There's many languages that cannot be used to write a book. -_-

I'd like to see Harry Potter written in ASL.:hmm:

You really aren't very intelligent judging by your previous posts on other threads.:laugh2:

You have no idea what logic is. When you are able to actually use it in one of your posts, we will have a logical discussion. Until then, you are doing nothing but trolling.

BTW, books are not written in ASL. Just another point on which you are showing your ignorance.

Sure. That's why ASL uses English words. :hmm:

BSL uses British rules, FSL uses French rules, JSL uses Japanese rules, and so on. ASL is the only one that uses American-English vocabulary and completely butchers up grammar. Ironically, ASL is derived from FSL which explains the horrid grammar structure.

You must not like to read a book.:giggle:

correct me if I'm wrong but ASL is the only sign language that meets linguistic requirement (syntax, grammar, etc.)

btw - JSL is horrendously incomplete and insufficient.

You have no idea what logic is. When you are able to actually use it in one of your posts, we will have a logical discussion. Until then, you are doing nothing but trolling.

BTW, books are not written in ASL. Just another point on which you are showing your ignorance.
I never said books are written in ASL... Read my post again.

Yet, I am bilingual already. I primarily speak English and Choctaw. I have masters in English as well.

You claim to have some linguistic background and yet.... you're incapable of learning another language such as ASL?

c'mon... you funny.

English by itself is a language. Written English is not a language by some people's standard in this thread since SIGNED English is not a language. See where I'm going with this?
English is a language. It uses several modes. One of those modes is signed English. Signed English is only one of several modes of English. It is not a language unto itself.

ASL is not a mode of English. ASL is a separate language. Just like Russian is not a mode of English. Russian is a separate language.

Language = English
Forms of English = Spoken, written, signed. Oh, snap.
Signed, as in signed English modes, such as SEE and variations. NOT ASL because ASL is not a form of English.

I'm afraid not.

It is clear what my linguistic background is. Is it that difficult to assume?
Yes, it's very clear that your linguistic background doesn't include ASL.

You claim to have some linguistic background and yet.... you're incapable of learning another language such as ASL?

c'mon... you funny.
Reading is fundamental. The way I talk may not be comprehended by a typical deaf person. Take note of sarcasm, take note of implications and hind sight.

From now on, I will try my best to simplify myself for you guys to understand me better.

"Me store go bye sorry"

Reading is fundamental. The way I talk may not be comprehended by a typical deaf person. Take note of sarcasm, take note of implications and hind sight.

From now on, I will try my best to simplify myself for you guys to understand me better.

"Me store go bye sorry"

Just keep digging yourself deeper. :Wave:

"Me store go bye sorry"

:barf:

English is a language. It uses several modes. One of those modes is signed English. Signed English is only one of several modes of English. It is not a language unto itself.
This is very clear. Since you are getting technical, this is actually my technical point of view. However, Signed English by itself is indeed a language since it uses English, may it be a mode or not. Written English is a mode (since we are technical) but is a recognized language by the general public, is it not?

ASL is not a mode of English. ASL is a separate language. Just like Russian is not a mode of English. Russian is a separate language.
Yep. That is what I am saying - just not in a technical aspect.

Signed, as in signed English modes, such as SEE and variations. NOT ASL because ASL is not a form of English.
Yep. Same answer as above.

Yes, it's very clear that your linguistic background doesn't include ASL.
Thank God! Otherwise I would be typing "Strong doubt me" and think that's English.

I am very aware English is mandatory in the business word or you will not be successful. This is why I am thankful I never learned ASL to begin with. Kudos goes to my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back