Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is best to report the latest error and the P3 engineers will have it underway.

Maybe you can trying to restart for two or three times. It's same things to me. I let Purple Rep was took control over my computer. They thought it's not able to working so we disconnect after i decided to trying restart for two times. It's great working.

Purple Netbook/ Dell mini 9 Specifications

Base Unit: Obsidian Black Color with Gloss Finish
Processor: Inspiron 910 Intel Atom processor N270, 1.6GHz, 533Mhz512K L2 Cache
Memory: 1GB,DDR2,533MHZ,1 DIMM
Monitor: 8.9 inch Wide Screen WSVGA TLLCD
Video Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
Hard Drive: 16GB Solid State Drive (mini-card Module/PATA)
Operating System: Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
Operating System: Internet Search and Portal
Operating System: Windows XP System
Operating System: Box.net online backup and filesharing 1.0
TBU: ADOBE ACROBAT READER 8.1 DIM/INSP
Sound Card: Base LCD Assembly in Black
Processor Cable: Wireless 802.11g Mini Card
Documentation Diskette: Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
Bundled Software: Microsoft Works 9.0, English For Inspiron
Feature 32WHr 4-cell Battery

But it is lack of 16 SDD, no 802.11N, no bluetooth support, 4-cell battery which shorten battery life.

I want:
120 or 160 GB HDD
802.11N support
More 2 GB RAM
Bluetooth support
6 or 9 cell battery

Its cheaper price at $199 after discount code. but I unfavor it.

But it is lack of 16 SDD, no 802.11N, no bluetooth support, 4-cell battery which shorten battery life.

I want:
120 or 160 GB HDD
802.11N support
More 2 GB RAM
Bluetooth support
6 or 9 cell battery

Its cheaper price at $199 after discount code. but I unfavor it.
Netbook is impossible to get 2GB or more in that tiny netbook, it is still fast enough for the 1GB!

Netbook is impossible to get 2GB or more in that tiny netbook, it is still fast enough for the 1GB!

Not Vista or Windows 7.

You need 2 GB RAM to full performance on both of OS.

I am running with Window 7 64-Bit build 7127 and install this P3 software P3_build_1.9.3.1296_Dell_Version download and refused to install it and pop-up error pic below.

o06sgo.jpg

Any idea ? Win 7 is same code as Vista but still beta I guess.

dg

remove printers reinstall p3

There's a difference, if you BUY it is YOURS, if you are part of the beta testing group, now that's a different story.

In case you are wondering about the system's specifications :

The Purple Netbook is a fully functional mini laptop computer. Your Purple Netbook will have some or all of the following features.
- Approximately 9 to 10 inch wide screen
- Approximately 2 and 3 pounds
- Built in Memory card reader
- USB port(s) for flash drive
- Fully functional keyboard
- Built in web cam
- Built in Wireless modem for wireless (wifi) internet access
- Ethernet port for wired internet access
- Audio Out headphone jack
- Audio in microphone jack
- Built-in, replaceable, rechargeable battery
- AC Adaptor and power cord for charging the battery
- VGA out jack
- Windows operating system
- Basic productivity software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Web browser software such as Internet Explorer.

Such specs can be found in dell website:
Dell Mini 12 Laptop / Netbook

Click on "Tech Specs"
You can also check out the customer's review

BTW thechaostheory...the price is the same. But you will have to pay for shipping & handling in additions to taxes. It will get you $500, maybe more, maybe less. Our store, you don't pay for tax nor shipping. ;)

*rolls eyes*- I have two netbooks, an asus eeepc, and an hp mini 1000, the first of which i got for 230usd (that was BEFORE netbook prices had fully come down) and the second for 350. AFTER taxes. and my hp has features that don't come built into most netbooks- a 32gb ssd instead of 16 (I don't like hdd for netbooks), dedicated graphics memory, and a 6 cell battery.

Having usb ports is not a noteworthy feature, nor is the built-in 1.3 mp camera which, in the lighting conditions shown in the advertisement, would render the signer virtually unseeable, mind you.

Most netbooks have more or less the same thing. Same processor, same storage ranges, similar battery lives.. the only way to really stand out is to put that same bundle at the most competitive price.

and at 400$, you're just not doing it. Especially for a computer that will be borderline useless for vrs.

why now? It already has been advertised elsewhere in this forum.

One web page say
We have temporarily suspended our P3 software preview program. If you are interested in participating in future preview programs, please:
Click Here!

One web page say
We have temporarily suspended our P3 software preview program. If you are interested in participating in future preview programs, please:
Click Here!
Noticed the hovrs.com site has removed the P3 download, guess I missed out. :aw:

Noticed the hovrs.com site has removed the P3 download, guess I missed out. :aw:

I couldn't believe that removed it.

I already download when they release. It good and big positive is dial real number instead of ip address. I can call SVP, OJO, and VPAD. I am glad to see they did success and only HOVRS is one ahead than any VRS eve Sorenson.

Purple is about to shine...:cool2: It time for wear sunglass.

Again.. anyone already download.. would you kind share to send file to us :) like JClarke didn't get chance to do it.

I couldn't believe that removed it.

I already download when they release. It good and big positive is dial real number instead of ip address. I can call SVP, OJO, and VPAD. I am glad to see they did success and only HOVRS is one ahead than any VRS eve Sorenson.

Purple is about to shine...:cool2: It time for wear sunglass.

Again.. anyone already download.. would you kind share to send file to us :) like JClarke didn't get chance to do it.

They are always one steps ahead....:cool2:

look at my post number 155

so get the download p3 link... alright i am head to work now so i will be back at midnight EST ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back