Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, and its defninetly old news, the concept of sharing is all about the Networking. You dont even need computer, scanner, and other stuff for each computer. Its wasteful on money! These can be shared. I got two printers (Laser and inkjet) shared with all computers at my home. I could even share over the Internet if I want to.

Very easy! Just set your computer's dvd/cd-rom to shared for network then netbook can connection to your computer thru network.

I do that like 15 years ago for Novell and Windows. It's old news.

Yup, and its defninetly old news, the concept of sharing is all about the Networking. You dont even need computer, scanner, and other stuff for each computer. Its wasteful on money! These can be shared. I got two printers (Laser and inkjet) shared with all computers at my home. I could even share over the Internet if I want to.

I agreed with you and save tons money! Many of my friends dont know that so I teach them to how to use it and they feel like waste of money and they wish they knew it before. I wish I have laser printer because it save lot money for toners, it can print 1,500 to 3,000 per paper (depend on brand and model) for ONE toner and inks is around 200-500 per paper and perfect for business.

Novell is pain in ass to set up! It's worse than mostly Linux. I am happy that Novell is not great anymore.

Sorry for off-topic.

Speaking of borrowing your printer over the internet - which tells me of an example to use. Like you are in an discussion with an person on the other side of the world, and the person wants to show you something on a piece of paper, and the owner lets the person access to your printer, where the person sends the a document to the printer, and you have it, correct?

Speaking of borrowing your printer over the internet - which tells me of an example to use. Like you are in an discussion with an person on the other side of the world, and the person wants to show you something on a piece of paper, and the owner lets the person access to your printer, where the person sends the a document to the printer, and you have it, correct?

No, Not that what he talked about.
He talked about network it mean inside build, not outside.

No, Not that what he talked about.
He talked about network it mean inside build, not outside.
Oh yeah, sorry I misread it. My father does that with the other mac computer around the house

No, not just for university. There are thousands of corporations that has more than one branch all over the place. Actually anyone can set up, even if relatives decided to set up VPN, they can.
You can even set up with friends to have LAN party without getting everybody together in one place, that is another pro for VPN.

DHB

VPN = Virtual Private Network

Mostly used at Universites.

Logmein is really a remote access service where you would use to assist other party with their issues related to computer/network. Yes, you can use it to transfer files in between.

If you wish print to someone over internet then you can use logmein
https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

You can do for anything Windows,OS X (Mac), Linux, etc for shared printer thru network.

No, not just for university. There are thousands of corporations that has more than one branch all over the place. Actually anyone can set up, even if relatives decided to set up VPN, they can.
You can even set up with friends to have LAN party without getting everybody together in one place, that is another pro for VPN.

DHB
My post would have said -- example of universities. :)

Oh yes you can, have you heard VPN?

Yes, I set it up for my old boss from Chicago and he is very happy. He own business build and he like to use VPN from his home to his business. He dont need to carry laptop with him all times for between business and home.

VPN is kind pain in ass due firewall from his business DSL modem brand that I never heard of it before.

VPN = Virtual Private Network

Mostly used at Universites.

No, VPN is anywhere for business, home user, gamers, and website developer.

Logmein is really a remote access service where you would use to assist other party with their issues related to computer/network. Yes, you can use it to transfer files in between.

Only logmein pro for transfer file, printer, and other. I am too cheap to use Pro so I am happy with free Logmein and use free FTP for transfer file. Logmein is very friendly for anywhere and dont need change anything at friend's router.

FileZilla - The free FTP solution

I use Logmein a lot for troubleshooting at friends house and save my tons time and save gas.

Recorded TV show .. not designing .. My HTPC is "Home Theatre Personal Computer" It records my TV show for me while I am gone and then I can transfer it to my laptop via network then I can watch it on my laptop during my travel.

Also I have several work application that use huge database for work. Not media but regular busniess database storage.

I don't use or need a DVD player.

I been looking at Netbook because it small size and easy to carry around but I need about 140Gig to 160Gig Drive space.

I am think to buy one online but now Purple come out Netbook so I am curious if enough Drive space then I can buy from Purple save me money because Purple offer discount price that why and have benfit VRS too with it so no need carry another for VRS more simple have "All in One"

Maybe I will check prices on SSD Drive and get Purple Netbook then replace Drive bigger drive myself depend if worth price Purple + New Drive price

IF SSD is 1.8" or 1.0" then you are out of luck. HDD dont have less than 2.5" that I know so far.

Sometime swap from SSD to HDD is very bad idea due heat issue. SSD is less temp and watts than HDD.

Better way to use external Hard Drive like that.
Newegg.com - Fujitsu HandyDrive MMH2250UB 250GB 5400 RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - External Hard Drives

250GB at 5400rpm for $64 is not bad!

Oh yea, logmein offers flavors and I know what they are. Depending on which one. They are not cheapos very good product.

Yes, I set it up for my old boss from Chicago and he is very happy. He own business build and he like to use VPN from his home to his business. He dont need to carry laptop with him all times for between business and home.

VPN is kind pain in ass due firewall from his business DSL modem brand that I never heard of it before.

No, VPN is anywhere for business, home user, gamers, and website developer.

Only logmein pro for transfer file, printer, and other. I am too cheap to use Pro so I am happy with free Logmein and use free FTP for transfer file. Logmein is very friendly for anywhere and dont need change anything at friend's router.

FileZilla - The free FTP solution

I use Logmein a lot for troubleshooting at friends house and save my tons time and save gas.

P3 will work with MAC only if you install "Boot Camp"

If your MAC have Leopard on it, should have Boot Camp on it.

If your MAC have Tiger or older verison, you will have to go and download the Boot Camp.

P3 will work with MAC only if you install "Boot Camp"

If your MAC have Leopard on it, should have Boot Camp on it.

If your MAC have Tiger or older verison, you will have to go and download the Boot Camp.

Tiger is no longer to support bootcamp anymore, only Leopard support it.

so i heard P3 mac version is in the work, is this true? gosh, this gave me a boner. :lol:

I am running with Window 7 64-Bit build 7127 and install this P3 software P3_build_1.9.3.1296_Dell_Version download and refused to install it and pop-up error pic below.

o06sgo.jpg

Any idea ? Win 7 is same code as Vista but still beta I guess.

dg

I am running with Window 7 64-Bit build 7127 and install this P3 software P3_build_1.9.3.1296_Dell_Version download and refused to install it and pop-up error pic below.

o06sgo.jpg

Any idea ? Win 7 is same code as Vista but still beta I guess.

dg

Same on my Windows 7, send this to support.purple.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back