Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purple Netbook

If I get Purple Netbook can I get by with just BlackBerry Curve as modem for internet access from Netbook? I don't want to pay for more internet.

Not Vista or Windows 7.

You need 2 GB RAM to full performance on both of OS.

Incorrect, I am running windows 7 RC1 on my older laptop where it has amd 1.6ghz with 256mb ram, it runs beautifully!

I'm willing to test it out on the p3 laptop if they can send me a free one where i can test if it works with Windows 7 since Windows XP are going to stop doing support for XP operating system where we in order to upgrade our system from XP to 7.

Cannot purchase Netbook for advertised $199

I received a promotional email a few weeks ago from HOVRS offering the purple netbook for $199 when using the provided code. When I signed into my purple account, there was no place to put the promotional code in, which resulted in the final price displayed being $399, so I canceled the transaction instead of submitting the order.

I sent an email to HOVRS customer support asking for assistance on how to use the promotional code, but have not received any response. Very unimpressed so far, and did not appreciate what appears to be a deceptive bait-and-switch method of publicizing a new product. :thumbd:

Hi,

I already emailed it to Purple Comm. Dept about promotional code....and I haven't reply from them yet....it is been two weeks? So I lost interested..... so I am still thinking about buy Archos....soon.

Deafbear

Incorrect, I am running windows 7 RC1 on my older laptop where it has amd 1.6ghz with 256mb ram, it runs beautifully!

I'm willing to test it out on the p3 laptop if they can send me a free one where i can test if it works with Windows 7 since Windows XP are going to stop doing support for XP operating system where we in order to upgrade our system from XP to 7.

I said FULL PERFORMANCE!!!!

Work so beautifully with 256 MB RAM for Windows 7? Oh please and sounds like you are talking like BS.

That's what recommended from most technician, that's not incorrect and your post is incorrect, even don't label my post as incorrect. :roll:

256 MB RAM??? :roll: That is so old school. People don't use this anymore.

screenshot is a must to prove

Windows XP is in extended support, it's still supported by MS. :roll:

Purple/HOVRS dropped the ball on that one !!! Windows 7 is not out yet. Some state around Fall it will come out . XP is still supported and will be for a long while. I think FCC told MS to support the software for at least 12 years..

Purple/HOVRS dropped the ball on that one !!! Windows 7 is not out yet. Some state around Fall it will come out . XP is still supported and will be for a long while. I think FCC told MS to support the software for at least 12 years..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/future.aspx

quoted "And another reminder; we're not "pulling the plug" on Windows XP. Although Windows XP won't be sold in stores, Microsoft and its partners will continue to offer technical support for Windows XP for months and years to come. In fact, Microsoft plans to support Windows XP until April 2014."

they are going to stop selling Windows XP in stores.

"We understand your confusion. On June 30, Microsoft stopped distributing Windows XP as a stand-alone product shrink-wrapped in the store. We'll also stop sending it to Dell, HP, Lenovo and all the other major PC manufacturers who would sell PCs that exclusively run Windows XP.

All and all, Windows XP isn't going to disappear overnight. If you need Windows XP, you can still get it through what we call "downgrade rights" that downgrade a new PC with Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows XP."

As of June 30, that's not going to look good for those hardcore XP fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideoutdude16 View Post

screenshot is a must to prove

It'll be on the way, i had to buy new hard drive to make it extra big, I've installed it on my nearly full capacity space where i only can install 2 programs thats it :-D

My shipment's coming in hopefully tomorrow or saturday.

Yes, I heard about that. So I pasted the article from newspaper online....below.

Deafbear....

Microsoft says Vista buyers to get free Windows 7

SEATTLE — Microsoft said Thursday that prices for the Windows 7 computer operating system are largely in line with those for Vista, and that people who buy PCs before the new system goes on sale in October will get free upgrades.
To drum up demand among people who aren't in the market for a new PC, Microsoft also said it is taking limited pre-orders for Windows 7, selling some for as little as $50.

People who buy Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate computers starting Friday can contact their manufacturer for a free upgrade when Windows 7 becomes available on Oct. 22.

Microsoft offered a similar upgrade program ahead of Vista's launch, prompting the software maker to defer some Windows revenue to later quarters. The company did not immediately say how the Windows 7 program will affect its quarterly results.

The Redmond, Wash.-based software maker said it will cost people $120 to upgrade their existing machines to the Windows 7 Home Premium version, $10 less than the comparable Windows Vista package. Upgrades to the Professional and Ultimate versions will cost $200 and $220 respectively, the same as Vista.

The cost is identical regardless of whether the upgraded machine was running Windows XP or Windows Vista.

Versions meant to be installed from scratch on a computer will cost $200, $300 and $320 for Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate.

By comparison, Apple said in early June that upgrades to its newest operating system, called Mac OS X Snow Leopard, will cost $30.

For customers buying new machines, the cost of the Windows software is typically included in the purchase price. The prices announced Thursday are for people who buy Windows separately or upgrade from older versions.

Microsoft is hoping Windows 7's debut will be much smoother than Vista's. The current operating system was plagued by delays; when it finally launched in January 2007, many people complained it was sluggish and didn't work with existing devices and programs.

This time, to goose early sales and build buzz, Microsoft is cutting the price by about half for people who pre-order upgrade software for Home Premium ($50) and Professional ($100).

The sale will start Friday in the U.S., Canada and Japan, and on July 15 in the U.K., France and Germany. It will last for about two weeks, or as long as allotted copies of the software last.

People can buy the software on Microsoft's download site or at retailers including Best Buy, which said it is limiting sales to three per customer.

Microsoft would not say how much it will cost to upgrade from a lesser version of Windows 7 to a more robust one. The company also declined to say what effect Windows 7 prices will have on netbooks, a popular category of small, inexpensive laptops. The low prices are possible in part because they run the older, cheaper Windows XP.

Microsoft said this month it is making a version of Windows for Europe that does not come with Internet Explorer, its Web browser, in an attempt to ward off sanctions from antitrust regulators there.

Brad Brooks, a corporate vice president for Windows marketing, said Microsoft hasn't had time to polish upgrade software for Europe, so it plans to sell the full version of Windows 7 to European Union consumers at upgrade prices at least through December.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Let's hope Windows gets it right this time with Windows 7... We been waiting for Windows 7 to be released, then we will buy a computer with it already installed.

I received a promotional email a few weeks ago from HOVRS offering the purple netbook for $199 when using the provided code. When I signed into my purple account, there was no place to put the promotional code in, which resulted in the final price displayed being $399, so I canceled the transaction instead of submitting the order.

I sent an email to HOVRS customer support asking for assistance on how to use the promotional code, but have not received any response. Very unimpressed so far, and did not appreciate what appears to be a deceptive bait-and-switch method of publicizing a new product. :thumbd:

Please recheck it via internet: https://store.purple.us/login.asp

I am sure you can see "discount code" with empty box for you to insert the code to discount, you may contact CC for discount :]

i might be pass, also.. i don't know yet and want wait and see how they go. however,i am hoping the new videosign 3.0 software will work with mac ox unfair for us(mac user) to be left out from pc for how they design for.. only way is getting for mvp device or p3 netbook instead, same for viable (viablevision), oh well...

You can get Parallel for Mac to run P3 version for Windows but I have not try it yet.

It is not unfair, no one told you to buy a MAC JustLook... You bought it and now stuck to the limitations of the MAC...

Does anyone went to Purple Commutations lecture?

Link:

Dream bigger

I did went recent Sunday... some won the laptop included me. 25 winners got the netbook laptop. So I am wondering how long I'll get it in the mail??? :hmm:
Does anyone won and got it?? How long did it take did you get the laptop? If no reply then I'll call costumer service and get the answer. I forgot to ask and there were too many going crazy with winnings! Oh well!

LakeTahoe ask for a tracking number when they ship your laptop...Then you can track it ...

Hi,
I wonder if the P3 (purple netbook) will update (change) from Win XP to Win 7? I heard that Win XP is no longer....

Deafbear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back