Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
my gf got purple netbook(mini 10) and i explored around this is very intresting 2 things purple removed tv tuner and 3g funtions i verified that because in dell's website mini 10 has 3g built in and internal tv tuner as standard hmm......258

But 3G data plan for modem is $60/mo.

Purple Communications said that no longer to sell P3 Mini 9 netbook. Now selling P3 Mini 10 (not Mini 10v) which includes 160 GB HDD, 6-cell battery (5-6 hrs) , hdmi port, etc.. HD display (1366x768) not sure. I will get it soon. I will see what s tech spec.
Chevy, Big hello! You really wish that.. But I telling you that Dell 10v's Screen wont running 1366X768 resolution as default.. if you can prove me wrong, :cool2:..

I believe that 10v's hi resolution is 1024x786 as default.

Chevy, Big hello! You really wish that.. But I telling you that Dell 10v's Screen wont running 1366X768 resolution as default.. if you can prove me wrong, :cool2:..

I believe that 10v's hi resolution is 1024x786 as default.

No. Different display

Mini 10v
Glossy 10.1 inch display (1024x600) WSVGA

Mini 10:
Glossy 10.1 inch LED display (1024x600) WSVGA (default)
Glossy 10.1 inch HD display (1366x768) WLED

I don't know which one is two different display for Purple P3 Mini 10 netbook.
if getting it , tell you what's display.

No. Different display

Mini 10v
Glossy 10.1 inch display (1024x600) WSVGA

Mini 10:
Glossy 10.1 inch LED display (1024x600) WSVGA (default)
Glossy 10.1 inch HD display (1366x768) WLED

I don't know which one is two different display for Purple P3 Mini 10 netbook.
if getting it , tell you what's display.
No? Mm..

I know Mini 10 and Mini 10v have same specs, but little different about upgradable RAM.. If Purple selling Mini 10, thats meaning you can't upgrade 2GB RAM. Because 1GB ram soldered on motherboard inside netbook. Mini 10v can upgrade 2GB. So about display specs..Mm.. Wow, I am doubt about it. So I will stop by Best Buy store does selling Mini 10. I will play it to see if Mini 10 had option setting for screen resolutions, tonight or tomorrow.

You are right..

Nevermind...

dell10specs.jpg

Dell 10's specs

I am very surprise; and Honestly I didnt know that dell 10inch can running 1366x768. I guess my knowledge is limit to dell..

Remember, Chevy57 is work for Purple communication. That's why he is knowledge about netbook.

No? Mm..

I know Mini 10 and Mini 10v have same specs, but little different about upgradable RAM.. If Purple selling Mini 10, thats meaning you can't upgrade 2GB RAM. Because 1GB ram soldered on motherboard inside netbook. Mini 10v can upgrade 2GB. So about display specs..Mm.. Wow, I am doubt about it. So I will stop by Best Buy store does selling Mini 10. I will play it to see if Mini 10 had option setting for screen resolutions, tonight or tomorrow.

you are right about RAM memory.

It is so nice not to have to text everything on little cell phone. I can make i711 or hovrs calls or even use im to connect with friends and family. It may not be an awesome computer for everyone (but it really is) yet it is an awesome video phone. If you dont have one, you should.

It really impressed our IT department. They are all hearies and had never seen any type of relay service. It seamlessly connected to the guest network and P3 came up. They were fascinated. I wanted them to set me up on our secure server, so almost everyone in the lab came to check it out. They were amazed at how easy it was to set up and how clear the pic is. They had seen lots of netbooks, but being hearing folks, had not seen one set up like this.

Once again, thanks very much for the info abt P3 and the netbook. I think it is some of the best tech money you could spend. A mobile video phone that can go from room to room, office to cafe, almost everywhere so far. It is nice to put in my bag cause it is light. It is fun to use cause its easy. It never fails to attract a bit of attention because it is small and quick.

P3 does not accept incoming calls but only outbound calls, right?

No. It accepts incoming calls, but only if it is on and P3 is running.

Oh, really? How can it answer the incoming call?

I tested P3 software (not netbook) using other videophone but nothing came. But outbound it works. So tell me how?

I tested P3 software (not netbook) using other videophone but nothing came. But outbound it works. So tell me how?

look in call history see list with green phone icon with arrow pointing toward it is the missed call im surprised that they didnt incluse clear history or add user!!! i had to do it on website or on mvp!!
and as for flashing alert go to DEAFWORKS · Welcome! they have it that plug into sound line out jack

I do not know why yours does not work. P3 works on both my Purple Netbook, and on my laptop. Check your Purple Account online and make sure everything is set up correctly.

The P3 while it is on, should pop up when recieving a incoming call.

I got new P3 netbook today. :) Awesome!

Tech Specs
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition SP3
Intel®Atom®Processor Z530 (1.6GHz/533MHz FSB/512K Cache)
10.1" Widescreen Display (1024x600)
160GB, 2.5inch, 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
1 GB RAM
56WHr Lithium-Ion Battery (6-cell)
3 Ports USB, HDMI, Ethernet, Headphone, Microphone
3-1 Card Reader
Wireless 802.11g (1397) Mini Card
No Bluetooth
Obsidian Black

I have own USB Bluetooth 2.1+EDR mini adapter and portable silm external DVD writer.

The P3 while it is on, should pop up when recieving a incoming call.

Yup, it should but it didn't so I called support earlier tonight. They think it must be a bug in the P3 software and suggested me to uninstall and reinstall P3. They said there are some people experienced with few bugs while some were fine. He tested using his P3 netbook calling my P3 and it popped up fine while other videophones, nope... strange.

Also I have the same local numbers for both MVP and P3... he suggested me to register as a new user at hovrs.com to retrieve a new local ph # and choose P3 so it would have its own numbers to separate. So I gonna do both ways tonight.

My screen flashes and hubby says it beeps. I have option to answer or no. Hope you can get it going. You will love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back