Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend has a Purple Netbook.....my impressions it looks like a regular Dell Netbook with P3 elbelm slapped on it. I thought it was purple color, but it's regular color haha. I was wondering if I could install Mac OS X on it with a hack. People have installed OS X on a PC computer with a hack or two tricks.

Here you go:
Dell Mini 9 hacked to run OS X

Yep. I did that with my P3 netbook a month ago. It's much better than XP but I still don't like it. Everything is too small for me. I don't like the tiny mouse pad and keyboard. I'm going to keep my Macbook and sell my Hackintoshed Netbook.

Yep. I did that with my P3 netbook a month ago. It's much better than XP but I still don't like it. Everything is too small for me. I don't like the tiny mouse pad and keyboard. I'm going to keep my Macbook and sell my Hackintoshed Netbook.

Interesting.. are there any flaws, bugs and driver issues on your Hackintoshed Dell Mini 9?

I took Purple Netbook to the hospital, work, favorite burger joint - Wow! Connects everywhere so far. I installed (downloaded) the Windows Messenger, and even was able to use it to connect with old friends using the Netbook camera and IM.

My hearing friends are envious. hahaha, not kidding though.

I have mostly used the text relay, cause I still a littly shy about my signing and whether my makeup is on on right :laugh2:

If I miss a call, I get "Purple Mail" which is ASL or an AIM instant message.

OK, I dont work for the company like some guys, but it must be a great job. I love this Netbook thing. If you haven't tried one, you should. Text Relay, VRS, and VCO and P2P, whats not to love. It surfs great too. I am using it now.

:bowlol:

I took Purple Netbook to the hospital, work, favorite burger joint - Wow! Connects everywhere so far. I installed (downloaded) the Windows Messenger, and even was able to use it to connect with old friends using the Netbook camera and IM.

My hearing friends are envious. hahaha, not kidding though.

I have mostly used the text relay, cause I still a littly shy about my signing and whether my makeup is on on right :laugh2:

If I miss a call, I get "Purple Mail" which is ASL or an AIM instant message.

OK, I dont work for the company like some guys, but it must be a great job. I love this Netbook thing. If you haven't tried one, you should. Text Relay, VRS, and VCO and P2P, whats not to love. It surfs great too. I am using it now.

:bowlol:

:hmm: You are entering the information age a little late, yes? :lol:

My hearing kids have this too. It is called, buy a netbook of your own at BestBuy.

So true! Of course, I was late deaf, too. ha, think it shows a tardy trait? I told the kids to go to Wal Mart.

So true! Of course, I was late deaf, too. ha, think it shows a tardy trait? I told the kids to go to Wal Mart.

I am sorry. Couldn't resist teasing a little.

How long have you been deaf?

started in 1990, tease me is ok. I like you. You are Harry Potter fan. (Trust Snape)What's not to like?
I had a cholesteatoma in r ear, and ear trauma in L ear.

I've been using it for a while now. I'm loving this netbook so far.

The P3 software needs updating. We need missed calls, or an "answering machine". Would love to be able to drag P3 to my larger external monitor when at home. Even without these updates I like it a lot.

Would also be cool to develop some kind of flasher to work with it via USB. In the future I wonder if it can be built in? I know that this netbook is a regular Dell, so not likely to ever have a flasher built in, so why not someone develop one that works via USB and somehow flashes existing home flashing devices that we have?

This netbook is better than other wirelesss VP's that I have seen so far. Purple has a winning idea!

If you go to Purple website, sign in and add info with IM from your phone (if you have one) you can get a page when you miss a call. You also may get Purple Mail if you miss a call. Are you using their router or did you have your own?

Contact Purple, they explain all of this. They are very, very helpful. In two weeks I got follow up call from Purple to make sure all is ok. Never answer my emails at all, but good otherwise.

If you go to Purple website, sign in and add info with IM from your phone (if you have one) you can get a page when you miss a call. You also may get Purple Mail if you miss a call. Are you using their router or did you have your own?

Contact Purple, they explain all of this. They are very, very helpful. In two weeks I got follow up call from Purple to make sure all is ok. Never answer my emails at all, but good otherwise.

I've got my email set up with them. However, I don't think it pages you when you get a VP TO VP call. It only pages when hearing caller calls through VRS right?

i was ordering a netbook from purple website and i was given a 5 letter/numbeer discount code and entered it but the discount code doesnt work!! why did the purpleteam giving me an invalid code because it is expiring this monday for cool price of 149.00 its only till monday any idea?

i was ordering a netbook from purple website and i was given a 5 letter/numbeer discount code and entered it but the discount code doesnt work!! why did the purpleteam giving me an invalid code because it is expiring this monday for cool price of 149.00 its only till monday any idea?

Actually, you have to wait till this monday to use that discount ur rep get it. If you arent sure, please contact them back for clarify :)

I've got my email set up with them. However, I don't think it pages you when you get a VP TO VP call. It only pages when hearing caller calls through VRS right?

Nope, it can get done by v2v or VRS either ones.

P.S the one you recent said, its sorenson's signmail for VRS only.

vwbug19, I will contact my Purple manager about it.

Last edited:
vwbug19, I will contact my Purple manager about it.

now i know why is the code cant be used by other person so it is per user only you have to call purple to get it i ordered netbook at 149.00 today fyi for those users it expires 8pm pt
good luck

Hey I just saw a demo for the P3 netbook and it's awesome. How about a downloadable P3 software for regular laptops. I'd really love to have the P3 software running on my Gateway FX laptop even if I gotta lug the big boy anywhere lol.

Is Purple working on a downloadable version? If so sign me up for that ;)

Edit:...Never mind I found out I could get P3 on the FX...Sowwy I been sooo behind on VP news for quite a long time lol....

Purple HQ said that P3 9-inch Mini netbook is no longer to sell. now sell 10-inch Mini netbook which includes 160 GB HDD and six-cell battery. Sell at $149.00 each. no tax and free shipping. D-link router cost $20.00 in option. I don't know which one is Dell Mini 10v or Mini 10. I will find out what s tech specs.

Purple HQ said that P3 9-inch Mini netbook is no longer to sell. now sell 10-inch Mini netbook which includes 160 GB HDD and six-cell battery. Sell at $149.00 each. no tax and free shipping. D-link router cost $20.00 in option. I don't know which one is Dell Mini 10v or Mini 10. I will find out what s tech specs.

really... Look into this link... Dell Mini 9 Laptop / Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back