Purple Netbook unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean sometimes there would be places where no wifi access is found so using a bb as a pam would be handy.

size of RAM and any memory card and is anything downloadable?

what is the maximum default size of RAM available on P3 Netbook? And there is no limit to how much I could plug in my memory card or flash drive to the netbook, correct? And is anything downloadable? Where will they have to go? to the memory card/flash drive? No hard drive on the netbook, correct?

thanks again...

what is the maximum default size of RAM available on P3 Netbook? And there is no limit to how much I could plug in my memory card or flash drive to the netbook, correct? And is anything downloadable? Where will they have to go? to the memory card/flash drive? No hard drive on the netbook, correct?

thanks again...

Netbooks do have a hard-drive, just no optical or floppy drives.

Getting a discontinued Dell Mini-12 next week. Wee!

It does work now, but the settings seem different. Where do I find the specs that it came with? Does it really matter as long as it connects?

That's impossible to answer without knowing the specs. If you got the router from Purple then call them to find out.

There seems to be no mention about using a bb as a pam. Is it possible to hook up my blackberry via USB for the P3 Purple netbook to pick up the network via my BB? I use my BB on my laptop (regular PC laptop --- not a netbook) to get onto the internet when I am on the road. I have data only plan so why not. Can I do the same for the netbook? has any one try it?

Thanks.

Yes it will work. Video was slow on my P3 through an 8703e BB. Don't know if it is faster with a newer BB. The text relay works fine through the BB too.

thanks again...

RAM up to 2 GB on Mini 9 version, on newer netbook it is not upgradeable.

flash drive=any size

memory card= I don't know

Hard drive = SSD (Mini 9) ; HDD in Mini 10 I think.

Yes it will work. Video was slow on my P3 through an 8703e BB. Don't know if it is faster with a newer BB. The text relay works fine through the BB too.

Right. Video still be slow on P3 to tethering BB 8330.

Right. Video still be slow on P3 to tethering BB 8330.

because cellular wireless has high latency than DSL and some of dial up so not good for video chat, I believe that Sprint WiMax maybe has better latency.

because cellular wireless has high latency than DSL and some of dial up so not good for video chat, I believe that Sprint WiMax maybe has better latency.

Yes. Sprint 3G/4G USB modem is better bandwidth than BB. But data plan is costly.

Yes. Sprint 3G/4G USB modem is better bandwidth than BB. But data plan is costly.

That's incorrect, 3G in BB and USB stick are not difference, only 4G WiMax USB stick is huge difference.

want to know before order p3

I do not have internet service no cable and no dsl at my home . Its been disconneted for while til my husband and I get stable jobs , for now I am interested in getting p3 but I wud like to know wud it still work at my home ? Or do I need to get wireless internet access to p3 in my home ? Please let me know how this works .. Thanks ..

But meaning U300 3G/4G USB Modem which being Mobile Broadband EV-DO Rev A and WiMAX capable

Sprint Relay Store & Sprint

All Mobile broadband from any phone carrier company are completely useless especially for the deaf who depend on video calls like P3 because all carrier have a max of 5GB cap. They are better off with Internet service provider which have no limit. Phone carrier who markets mobile broadband all runs on 3G network cap to 5GB. Why? Tell that to the FCC. Because of pirate. They fear people will download musics, movie etc..on 3G network which will drain their bandwidth.

All Mobile broadband from any phone carrier company are completely useless especially for the deaf who depend on video calls like P3 because all carrier have a max of 5GB cap. They are better off with Internet service provider which have no limit.

There's no caps on WiMax.

You fail, again.

There's no caps on WiMax.

You fail, again.
Foxrac...post edited the same time you post this.
Anyway, I did not fail. I know what I am talking about. WiMax is a different story and you are right. It had no cap, but I am talking about the currently mobile broadband that Chevy posted.

I do not have internet service no cable and no dsl at my home . Its been disconneted for while til my husband and I get stable jobs , for now I am interested in getting p3 but I wud like to know wud it still work at my home ? Or do I need to get wireless internet access to p3 in my home ? Please let me know how this works .. Thanks ..

You will need a broadband high speed internet to use the P3

So you will need DSL or Cable Internet to make calls on the P3.

You need wireless internet access whereever you plan to use it. If that's at home then you need internet access at home, if it is somewhere else then you need it there. You don't have to have internet access at home to get the netbook because it is portable.

I already order P3 netbook, let's see if I like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back