! PSA: Watch your torrenting !

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, just rubbing one last one in.

Piracy will always remain regardless.

A recent study conducted earlier this year found that even when the price of electronic software was reduced, the % of people pirating it still remains the same. The companies didn't earn any more revenue when they slashed prices, it was still being sold at the same amounts.

It doesn't make a difference what you do. There will still be piracy and any marketing/management team in any company should know how to account for it beforehand.

Like I said earlier microsoft is STILL pirated to this date. It doesn't change the fact that they still are earning money. They have BIGGER things to worry about than a group of non-paying people. A huge chunk of their profits come from related subsidiaries like CORPORATE BUSINESS, hello!

XBOX sales still remain the same (in losses/breakeven) despite the change in the recent trend of advancement in pirating XBOX games.

Keep dreamin', haters gonna hate.

They've dropped from focusing on the discussion to attacking you to making it the reason why they're right. :sadwave:

I am not attacking anyone......I was just appalled by that type of thinking. He is free to make his own decisions though. We all have to choose our own course

So?

If you're so poor that you can't afford off-the-shelf entertainment, go dumpster-diving. Go buy videos from Value Village. You can use Freecycle to snatch up free giveaway videogames and computers.

Hell, instead of playing games, maybe you can ride a bike? Go rock-climbing? Go for a hike? All free and all are legit.

please re-read your posts and all of it. try very hard to see what's wrong with it.

Let me rephrase, I'm not fucking say about me but some people did.

At first, txgolfer suggested to find a job and buy legit movies instead of download from torrent.

Sure but I do know about some people who work at low paying job or part time job with little money so they will rather to download the pirated movies from torrent to save their money.

Souggy, I'm not talking about my issue but just for some people so I don't need any fucking suggestion because I do have a life.

Foxrac... I was using the general "you."

You're still condoning an illegal act. Why are you defending the lower-class?

I do what TXgolfer suggested. Attach viruses to a software that unless you have an encrypted code to unlock it, you risk losing more than the software you just illegally downloaded into your computer.

well - I suppose you condone an illegal activity to combat an illegal activity? Like condoning murdering a murderer?

Did you know that what you just suggested is illegal under federal law: Title 18 - Chapter 47 - Section 1030 - Fraud and related activity in connection with computers?

......far more serious than theft....

So, sounds like somebody actually agrees that it is theft. And that it's not really hurting the big companies. Still, it's theft no matter how small or big the taking is.

By the way, just rubbing one last one in.

Piracy will always remain regardless.

A recent study conducted earlier this year found that even when the price of electronic software was reduced, the % of people pirating it still remains the same. The companies didn't earn any more revenue when they slashed prices, it was still being sold at the same amounts.

It doesn't make a difference what you do. There will still be piracy and any marketing/management team in any company should know how to account for it beforehand.

Like I said earlier microsoft is STILL pirated to this date. It doesn't change the fact that they still are earning money. They have BIGGER things to worry about than a group of non-paying people. A huge chunk of their profits come from related subsidiaries like CORPORATE BUSINESS, hello!

XBOX sales still remain the same (in losses/breakeven) despite the change in the recent trend of advancement in pirating XBOX games.

Keep dreamin', haters gonna hate.

Yup, the companies are trying to work on DRM but obviously, it isn't successful.

At first, txgolfer suggested to find a job and buy legit movies instead of download from torrent.

Sure but I do know about some people who work at low paying job or part time job with little money so they will rather to download the pirated movies from torrent to save their money.

so do you think that's ok?

Here's a Public Service Announcement from the Australian govt.

Piracy is stealing. Theft. Pure and simple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5SmrHNWhak]YouTube - Movie Piracy - It's a crime[/ame]

so do you think that's ok?

Well, I don't care.

That's their choice to do illegal activities if they accept their consequences.

I do have my own choice.

So, sounds like somebody actually agrees that it is theft. And that it's not really hurting the big companies. Still, it's theft no matter how small or big the taking is.

and you believe it's ok to send virus which is a federal felony?

Well, I don't care.

That's their choice to do illegal activities if they accept their consequences.

I do have my own choice.

do you think it's ok for them to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back