! PSA: Watch your torrenting !

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are getting off -topic here, but that depends on the company reception, Jiro.

Meh my topic is over anyways. Haters lost and its just the party after the show is over. Feel free to talk about whatever :wave:

you condone criminals profiting from copyrighted materials. I don't.

Excuse me, it was misunderstood.

I means download the pirated movies from torrent at no charge.

I'm not talking about selling the pirated movies.

Overall, I do not support sell pirated movies, musics, games for profits.

Anyway back to the topic - I use ecryption program. That's all I am going to say.

:io:

Just to be clear....

Are you saying it is ok, in your opinion, to download pirated (illegally obtained) movies? Now I realize some of their stuff is legal.....not talking about that. Just the pirated stuff.

ah... :ty: for clarification. I understand now. There was some misunderstanding on my part too.

Just to be clear....

Are you saying it is ok, in your opinion, to download pirated (illegally obtained) movies? Now I realize some of their stuff is legal.....not talking about that. Just the pirated stuff.

Yes, they are not illegal to me, IMO.

Just to be clear....

is it ok to download legally obtained movies?

WOW!

Ok....thx for answering

Well, for PC games, I think it is ok to download pirated games to use as demo or test if they like it before buy it, however I usually tell torrent users to pay it to support game developers if they like their games. I believe about nasty DRM should be forgiven to have pirated games, especially new Ubisoft permanent internet required because they are not worth to be priced at $50-$60 to cause an many issues with gamers.

Some people rent Netflix movies and rip the DVD to save in HDD, it is other tricky.

is it ok to download legally obtained movies?

Most likely......unless the copyright forbids it. Most copyrights forbid any duplication,reproduction,redistribution or public display without consent.

I know even at the library when we have a movie night we get consent first even though the the library owns the movie......That is because it is public display even though there is no charge. We do sell refreshments and that's where the line gets blurry. We would probably be ok if we didn't sell refreshments. We get our written consent though and we have never been charged. Feels good to do it legally

Wirelessly posted

Pirated videogames are still illegal.

Only way a ripped game is legal is if the disc belongs to you, and you decide to back up. That's called "fair use."

Giving a game to your friend is called "lending."

Backing up the game and giving the copy to your friend for him to keep is technically..."piracy."

Wirelessly posted

Pirated videogames are still illegal.

Only way a ripped game is legal is if the disc belongs to you, and you decide to back up. That's called "fair use."

Giving a game to your friend is called "lending."

Backing up the game and giving the copy to your friend for him to keep is technically..."piracy."

Well, all consoles don't allow you to play backup games, it need be modded but risky about consequences.

I believe that pirated PC games are okay for use as demo before you buy legal one if you like this game, that what I did, unlike consoles, PC games are not rented via Gamefly.

I read somewhere that Used game sales hurt more than piracy for PC games.
The piracy factor always remains same, but used games sales/trade are a new threat on the rise.

Wirelessly posted

That's why companies allow you to play demos....

Has been like that for years. Still no excuse to pirate games.

I read somewhere that Used game sales hurt more than piracy for PC games.
The piracy factor always remains same, but used games sales/trade are a new threat on the rise.

Yup but if PC games have Steamworks so you are SOL because it cannot be sold after activated on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back