Prince, The Singer, Dies At 57

Everybody death is shocking, particularly if the person is relatively young (as nowadays many people get to live to ripe old age of 100 and over) but not everyone's death is sudden such as Prince's or Michael's Jackson.
While Bowie's heartbreaking passing away certainly can be experienced as shock,
he was battling cancer for years and there was nothing sudden about his demise.

Fuzzy

I know they reported his death as cancer... what I was saying or ATTEMPTING to say was that for me at least, and probably many others, it was not known BEFORE he died that he had cancer- therefore it was a bit of a shock to find he died of cancer at 69.

ugh I give up... have it your way it wasn't sudden....!!!

For me it WAS because I did not know he HAD cancer.

Finito...

My ex wife actually met Bowie...
We used to be competitive about it, as I never met Bowie but I did meet nick nolte ..and she didn't...
so
Meh..

Ol nick would kick bowies ass any day...

I know they reported his death as cancer... what I was saying or ATTEMPTING to say was that for me at least, and probably many others, it was not known BEFORE he died that he had cancer- therefore it was a bit of a shock to find he died of cancer at 69.

Finito...

Does it matter man...
It's just a relaxed discussion about a prince who coloured the world purple and well, about a man who sold the world.....
Mmmmmm...

Finito...

No, no, I got that :) ...
only what I was attempting to say, while Bowie's death despite not being sudden in itself was sudden to learn about (right? ;) ) comparing to Prince's - was not sudden at all.
Why I have the feeling you probably got me as well :rofl:

Fuzzy

My feelings are that he did overdose on pain pills...and if he was in so much pain...I don't blame him. We have the right to choose how we go....When I had another surgery on the left ear and was hospitalized almost 2 weeks...came home and the doctor did prescribe a low dosage of pain pills...it did not help!...Calling the doctor over and over, and he still would not prescribe a higher dosage...very painful experience...A friend gave me pain pills every day, 150-200 mgs. It helped...and 3 weeks later, went back to the doctor for a checkup...he put me right back into the hospital...I had a severe bacterial infection...(how I got it is still questionable)....from the surgery or the hospital??...so again, I was in the hospital for another week....
RIP Prince....no more Pain.

Not sure I'd believe anything the Daily Mail publishes...they tend to be over exaggerating and sensationalist.

My feelings are that he did overdose on pain pills...and if he was in so much pain...I don't blame him. We have the right to choose how we go....When I had another surgery on the left ear and was hospitalized almost 2 weeks...came home and the doctor did prescribe a low dosage of pain pills...it did not help!...Calling the doctor over and over, and he still would not prescribe a higher dosage...very painful experience...A friend gave me pain pills every day, 150-200 mgs. It helped...and 3 weeks later, went back to the doctor for a checkup...he put me right back into the hospital...I had a severe bacterial infection...(how I got it is still questionable)....from the surgery or the hospital??...so again, I was in the hospital for another week....
RIP Prince....no more Pain.

I doubt he choose to overdose on his pills.
If he did his elevator is a weird spot,though prince was a weird dude.

It prob was a bunch of things I doubt suicide is on the agenda though

I doubt he choose to overdose on his pills.
If he did his elevator is a weird spot,though prince was a weird dude.

It prob was a bunch of things I doubt suicide is on the agenda though
If he did...I agree that he didn't mean to...Someone I know was in a lot of pain...and took too many pain pills and had a gran mal seizure....She said she didn't realize how many pills she had taken So perhaps this could be his case too

Well, what does "overdose in elevator" mean to you, exactly?
If he did his elevator is a weird spot

I think it was purely accidental. percocet is taken usually orally ( as a tablet) and start working from 15 min to 30,
the full effect is achieved in about 1 hour.
So, considering how elevator does cause a sudden and rapid pressure change,
to a person who already had suppressed breathing (from narcotic pain reliever) it could have been additional trigger causing
perhaps a domino effect - he fainted, unconscious his breathing keep slowing to more and more shallow until it stopped altogether.
It could have happened anywhere.

Fuzzy

If he did...I agree that he didn't mean to...Someone I know was in a lot of pain...and took too many pain pills and had a gran mal seizure....She said she didn't realize how many pills she had taken So perhaps this could be his case too

That's exactly what I was trying to say in my earlier post - at certain point when the pain is unbearable one stops caring how many pills one pops - "devil may care, anything to stop the pain"

Fuzzy

Could there be that dramatic a shift in pressure if the elevator only goes 1 or 2 floors though? I can see that happening if there were more than 2 floors though. No idea what his place looked like or how many levels there were though (and I couldn't imagine living in such an opulent place like that...insanely expensive....)

Back