Pressing charge?

Taylor,

Where do we look up for Ohio laws on youthful offenders and how come the police officers did not let us know about the laws here in Ohio, since not many of us know them, and my question is what if a child younger than 9 end up killing or raping another child ? does that mean it's still out of the police officers hand and can not arrest them?....

I was thinking earlier..

that he should have been sent to the juvenile home because, he knows now that he has gotten away with it and he'll more likely do it again and think he'll get away with it. something has to be done, cheri. I know you're trying. please do keep an eye on your kids.

maybe you can find help by going to the police dept or to the juvenile home and ask questions.. because they (cops) usually ask if you want to press charges. but this one didn't. i think you should go by there and ask questions and tell them you want to press charges on the boy for assault. there were witnesses and evidences.

RebelGirl said:
I was thinking earlier..

that he should have been sent to the juvenile home because, he knows now that he has gotten away with it and he'll more likely do it again and think he'll get away with it. something has to be done, cheri. I know you're trying. please do keep an eye on your kids.

He wasn't send to juvenile home, the police won't do anything. I am aware of him striking again to another child, That's why I need to prevent that from happening again, I am not going to give up until that 9 yrs old kid is brought to justice.

i think you should go by there and ask questions and tell them you want to press charges on the boy for assault. there were witnesses and evidences.
I did, I went up to the police department, Same officer came over twice, I've went to a local court house to ask questions and wanted to press charge on this 9 years old kid. I'm going to head to Juvenile Hall not tonight, and see what I can do, I'll give anything to see this boy being punished. He would remember me, that I'm the one who would not give up, he mess with the wrong child, a child who's mother would not give up without a fight, If it's gotta take forever, let it be. I refused to drop it like it never took place, It's like sweeping it all under a rug and saying goodbye, when Jordan suffered that Saturday afternoon, he was laying on the driveway being helpless being beaten again, again and again, while my oldest son did everything he could to protect Jordan and he got hit on the hand for that. It makes my blood boil that kids can be so cruel and hateful. I wish in this world people, even kids would stop the violence. it's not necessary.

Cheri said:
I wish in this world people, even kids would stop the violence. it's not necessary.

I agree with you there. I feel so bad though. I hate when that happens.

RebelGirl said:
I agree with you there. I feel so bad though. I hate when that happens.
I feel bad too, because I wasn't there to protect my two children, and they were in the hands of Markus's dad, If I was at home, none of this would have happen to begin with. I should have just told them to stay away from that kid, but I didn't think that kid had a temper rage in him, I was proved wrong. There were so many times that I've apologies to Jordan, that I wasn't there for him that Saturday afternoon. :(

man cheri

when i was reading the posts

i agree the 9 years old will be in serious trouble in later age if he not stop with his attitudes
he is troublemaker already

i am pissed off about this jordan don't deserve to be beat up by this kid
good idea about RO smile

:hug: Oh Cheri! I'm soo sorry your son went thru with this DAMN bully!! I wish i could come and kick his ass!! Sigh.. I dont understand why the cops didnt do anything really but I really hope you are able to get some justice for this bully! You mention the mother has 8 kids? Oh my lord.. I guess the bully felt left out so he start to bully the other kids to feel better?? Sometimes when the bully kid bullies the kids around so the bully kid would feel better and feel like he or shes power cuz of lack of attention at home.. Sigh.. im so sorry you and your boys has to go thru this right now.. I hope everything will go smooth sometime soon!!!

Hey Cheri, how are Jordan holding up? I'm going to assure you that you are a GREAT mother to your sons, you have done your world bestest as you can to protect your kids. :)

I hope things will start to look up in legal proedure(sp?). Thoughts and prayer are with you and your kids. hugs

Bowak said:
Hey Cheri, how are Jordan holding up? I'm going to assure you that you are a GREAT mother to your sons, you have done your world bestest as you can to protect your kids. :)

I hope things will start to look up in legal proedure(sp?). Thoughts and prayer are with you and your kids. hugs
Thanks Bowak :hug: Jordan is doing much better and his eye is improving so much, the swollen went down so much since yesterday afternoon, but some scratches on his legs are still healing up, but slowly and so are his bruises as well. He seems to not having any trouble sleeping at nights, overall he is just being his normal self again. ;)

Cheri said:
They don't play with him anymore, but both of my son's friends all live in that apartment next door to where I live, and the problem is this 9 years old boy telling my son's friends a bunch of lies that wasn't even true that he supposedly said that we called the police on every child that lives in that apartment for jumping on Jordan. That is not what exactly happened, We only told on that 9 years old kid, Now I already phoned the police back and was yelling at them about my kids protection, If they're police officers and we're paying their salary then better do something about this boy! He should not get away with it, an assault is an assault no matter how you look at it, or the age of this person.

Oh no, he lives at your same apartment. It apparently is impossible for both of them to keep separation. You can’t keep Jordan inside forever because of that bully boy. *sigh* It is very difficult situation for both of two boys to keep apart since they are very young ages. They did not understand the law enforcement at those ages.

If I were in your shoes, I did rather look for another apartment for my children's safety. I would be nervous crack to let my children play with neighbors if they would hurt to my children. I have to keep my eyes on them for many hours. It causes you become more burden and worry too much about Jordan.

Hope, you did move out from that environment. :( Poor Jordan !

My suggestion gets petitions to have the parents sign the paper to make that bully boy and his family to move out that apartment building due to safe issue? Will other parents on your side?

LisaMarie said:
:hug: Oh Cheri! I'm soo sorry your son went thru with this DAMN bully!! I wish i could come and kick his ass!! Sigh.. I dont understand why the cops didnt do anything really but I really hope you are able to get some justice for this bully! You mention the mother has 8 kids? Oh my lord.. I guess the bully felt left out so he start to bully the other kids to feel better?? Sometimes when the bully kid bullies the kids around so the bully kid would feel better and feel like he or shes power cuz of lack of attention at home.. Sigh.. im so sorry you and your boys has to go thru this right now.. I hope everything will go smooth sometime soon!!!

with 8 kids, absoutely, this bully kid needs alot of attention from the parents.

Kalista said:
Oh no, he lives at your same apartment. It apparently is impossible for both of them to keep separation.

No, I do not live in an apartment, I have my own house, but I do rent. The apartment is just between the day care and my house. So I do see the apartment from my back window.

Kalista said:
with 8 kids, absoutely, this bully kid needs alot of attention from the parents.
All those 8 kids are brothers and most of them are teenagers, and some are in their legal age. The 9 years old is the youngest one in the entire family.

Cheri said:
No, I do not live in an apartment, I have my own house, but I do rent. The apartment is just between the day care and my house. So I do see the apartment from my back window.

It is very difficult situation. :( Neighbors sometime safe and not safe.

Kalista said:
It is very difficult situation. :( Neighbors sometime safe and not safe.
Yeah I am aware of that, I'm still going to look for another house to move, that was my plan since April, Once before the boys school starts we would be moving.

Good luck and hope you find a safe neighborhood for your kid's sake. :hug: I am doing to do that too. :D

Cheri,

Wishes you have great Rent-house hunting for right place to live around good neighbourhood! You'll be very happy around good neighbourhood suitable for children can play area.
I bet, your children will be very happy and hang around good children who closer to your kids' age groups.

Glad that ur son doing fine smile cheri and not superise that police did nothing do grrr!!!! But still keep look for other place more safe for ur son :)

Cheri said:
Yeah I am aware of that, I'm still going to look for another house to move, that was my plan since April, Once before the boys school starts we would be moving.
Cheri, a suggestion is to have your little guy take some self defense lessons then next time he can open a can of whoop ass on that bully.

rockdrummer said:
Cheri, a suggestion is to have your little guy take some self defense lessons then next time he can open a can of whoop ass on that bully.
:gpost:

Back