Pressing charge?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Desperate advice is needed please?.....

I am wondering if pressing charge on a minor at the age of 9 is allow? I am so furious at this moment since I arrived home this morning at 4 am from out of town, discovered that my 6 years old been beaten by a bully gave my son a black eye, been beaten by a hair brush too. :mad: I was so upset end up crying after seeing my son, Jordan, He looked horrible! I want to press charge against this 9 years old kid. I need to know what I can do? Can I or Can't I?

I cannot talk to his mom because his mom don't care, I talked to her before about the game that her son stole from my 11 years old boy, so talking to his mom is out of question.

It would be a good idea to have a talk with a cop at the Police Dept. and see, what they can do for you. It's their job to keep the public in peace. It's for your own son's safety and, also give you a peace of mind.

DAMN!!!! I agree with Cyberred's advice... I am sooooo pissed off! I'd rage over this! Nobody deserves this shit!
I'd fully press charges against the bully to its fullness. I don't care and I wouldn't be any lenient on this part.
(Sorry I have zero tolerate with bullies)

CyberRed said:
It would be a good idea to have a talk with a cop at the Police Dept. and see, what they can do for you. It's their job to keep the public in peace. It's for your own son's safety and, also give you a peace of mind.

CyberRed said:
yea i agree with u.. DO IT! i cant believe that gee.. i hope he is allright

WTF!?! Jordan got beat up by the bully! GRR!!! I am with CR and every one else! Go press charge! I do not give damn cuz the mother would not do anything!!! I hates bullies! If my son got hurt, I will go and find out whoever did it to him!!
Cheri said:

I am wondering if pressing charge on a minor at the age of 9 is allow? I am so furious at this moment since I arrived home this morning at 4 am from out of town, discovered that my 6 years old been beaten by a bully gave my son a black eye, been beaten by a hair brush too. :mad: I was so upset end up crying after seeing my son, Jordan, He looked horrible! I want to press charge against this 9 years old kid. I need to know what I can do? Can I or Can't I?

I cannot talk to his mom because his mom don't care, I talked to her before about the game that her son stole from my 11 years old boy, so talking to his mom is out of question.

Cheri..

Please take this advice.. Call police to get involved.. so the police will tell you what to do or suggest to do so.. and Yes, you can press charge.... but not the son.. to the mother since she wont do anything..

it will teach him lesson in young age before too late..

Since the mother wont get involve or do anything.. Police will push the mother to do something..

have Dr examine your son.. and get the bill for evidence in future IF the mother accused you of.. or take you court.. show the evidence to the judge..

Also, have the mother pay for the bill cuz her son beat your son up and leaving injury.. its not right.

DoofusMama said:
Cheri..

Please take this advice.. Call police to get involved.. so the police will tell you what to do or suggest to do so.. and Yes, you can press charge.... but not the son.. to the mother since she wont do anything..

Since the mother wont get involve or do anything.. Police will push the mother to do something..

have Dr examine your son.. and get the bill for evidence in future IF the mother accused you of.. or take you court.. show the evidence to the judge..

Also, have the mother pay for the bill cuz her son beat your son up and leaving injury.. its not right.

oh yea good idea need dr examine her son and get the bill that true..

Great advice DoofusMama! I didn't think of sending kid to the ER or Dr to get the evidence. Also keep the brush and put it in the plastic bag because of finger print. I would do that in case if police want the brush or not.
Poor Kid!

DoofusMama said:
Cheri..

LakeTahoe said:
Great advice DoofusMama! I didn't think of sending kid to the ER or Dr to get the evidence. Also keep the brush and put it in the plastic bag because of finger print. I would do that in case if police want the brush or not.
Poor Kid!
it depend who's brush????

Yes You gotta pressing change bec of Bully have no rigths to beat ur son for that.. and his mom SHULD know better handle her's own son so gotta take ur son go to hopstial so Police can take care with Mother

DoofusMama said:
Cheri..

Yes that right I agree with you

The brush that Cheri mentioned it was belong to Jordan but the boy hitted with it. Maybe I can be wrong...

TweetyBird said:
it depend who's brush????

Cheri said:

Cheri... Call the cops. Assult is assult and I don't think it matters how old the person is. If the minor can't be charged then go after the mother that won't do anything. Either way, the best advice you are gonna get is from the cops.

Get a report from the police department.

Bring a copy of the report from the police officer and provide it to the local judical building. Please fill the protection order application against the bully boy and his parents....

You need to explain to the judge why you need a protection order instead of restricted order. Tell the judge to look at your son's physical. It is a matter of life and death issue...

Look Cheri,

I advise you, please contact the police and bully boy who beaten up your son turn it out uglier look face bruised. You have to rights press the charge if possible due age minor under the age.. I'm not sure about the press charge possible minor under the age.. I've known about 12 yrs old over can allowed be press the charge.. So um, I recommend you take your son go emergency and to check up your son is seriouis muscle damage beacuse of brush... Sound extreme weapon to me.. The bully boy took brush and beaten your son up and take the game stuff... Therefore no rights to possiession without consultion parents authroziation. What about the babysitter should have action and to stop them ?

GalaxyAngel said:
Look Cheri,

I advise you, please contact the police and bully boy who beaten up your son turn it out uglier look face bruised. You have to rights press the charge if possible due age minor under the age.. I'm not sure about the press charge possible minor under the age.. I've known about 12 yrs old over can allowed be press the charge.. So um, I recommend you take your son go emergency and to check up your son is seriouis muscle damage beacuse of brush... Sound extreme weapon to me.. The bully boy took brush and beaten your son up and take the game stuff... Therefore no rights to possiession without consultion parents authroziation. What about the babysitter should have action and to stop them ?

Right, I forgot to mention about this. Get a medical bill and sue the bully boy's parents and force them to pay your son's medical expense.

Thanks for the advice, but really this isn't what I am looking for, What I really wanted to know if pressing charge against a minor of the age of 9 is allow, or is that not possible because of the age?

I talked to both of my sons to get the story, they're both said that there were other kids around during the time of the beaten, I've got their names and their address in case the police needs witnesses. Here's my plan, I am going to walk up to the apartment where this 9 years old boy lives, I do know him, and I knew from day one he was up to no good. He isn't that type of person that I want my boys to hang around with. I am going to talk to his mother and showed him what her son did to my son, and if nothing is solved, then I am going to go to the police department and file charge, I don't want to press charge against the mother because the mother is not the one who did the beaten, this 9 years old did, and I'm certain not going to let him get away with it, He should be punished one way or another, While hearing the story from both of my sons and the horror that Jordan felt during the time he was laying flat down on the driveway, His and my other son's scream what made the beaten stopped, I'm glad that my son's father was out just in time before it would have gone worst. Even through I'm not happy with how Jordan was beaten, I felt like my heart was turned upside down, I cannot explain those feelings, but I wanted so badly to put my hands on that 9 years old kid and scream at him on the top of my lungs.

I have no patience with parents beaten on kids, or kids beaten on kids. I'm glad Jordan did not fought back, because I told him once before never hit someone who hits you, walk away, and both of my sons did just the moment that Jordan got hit by this kid with a close fist toward his eye, while walking home this 9 years old boy followed them and brought an object which a hair brush in his hand, strike my boy a couple of times with that hair brush. Gosh! Sometimes I wondered what the hell is wrong with people sometimes even kids. Didn't their parents ever taught them the right way?!

I'm so furious right now that I cannot think straight, I hope I stay in a calm position once I approach to the mother of this 9 years old boy, I'll try my darnest to remain in calm. There are always three sides to every story, the 9 years old boy's side, my both of my son's side, and the truth. I hope I'll find the truth in this matter.

I'll keep you update. ;)

LakeTahoe said:
The brush that Cheri mentioned it was belong to Jordan but the boy hitted with it. Maybe I can be wrong...
Yes, You're incorrect, the hair brush did not belong to Jordan, It was the 9 years old kid's brush.

Since none of us are police (except Taylor) or lawyers, maybe you should ask the police your question. Before you contact them, make sure you have all your facts written down so you can answer all their questions.

Back