Pressing charge?

rockdrummer said:
Cheri, a suggestion is to have your little guy take some self defense lessons then next time he can open a can of whoop ass on that bully.

As always, good posting. Perhaps a karate class will help since it also teaches the self-control and anger control too.

Cheri said:
Me too. :( I was pretty shocked to learn that nothing could be done today, I don't understand why action cannot be taken, just because he is only 9 years old? That's so unfair the same time I do understand that it happens every day when a kid being beaten up by another kid, but it shouldn't happen that way, if action was taken place, there's a possibility that he would not strike again. Am I correct?

Thanks Tania for putting Jordan in your prayer. ;) I gotta get off line now, I'll talk to you all later. ;)
yw anytime no plms.. what if a kid get killed by a bully kid ??? it will cop's fault for not do nutthing abt this???

TweetyBird said:
yw anytime no plms.. what if a kid get killed by a bully kid ??? it will cop's fault for not do nutthing abt this???

Yes, it can be a cop's fault since he did not do anything about it. Bully kid has been tormenting other kids in the area. I wonder why other parents did not report problems to cops before? If the bully kills other kid, the cop will face severe consequences and will get punished or fired (similiar related to the boy's 911 call was neglected by 911 dispatcher). The lawsuit will soon follow. Plus his parents also will face the punishment for just letting it happen without any interference.

I hope cleveland cops will wake up and realize it is severe consequences they will face. I hope the stupid bully get caught one day before hurting more kids later on.

rockdrummer said:
Cheri, a suggestion is to have your little guy take some self defense lessons then next time he can open a can of whoop ass on that bully.
LOL! ;)

I just found out my son bus stop pick up this fall is right on the spot where the apartments is located at, I'm not too thrill with that, and we are planning on moving out of that city to another city, and my boys would not start school this fall until we move out of here.

Oddball said:
Yes, it can be a cop's fault since he did not do anything about it. Bully kid has been tormenting other kids in the area. I wonder why other parents did not report problems to cops before? If the bully kills other kid, the cop will face severe consequences and will get punished or fired (similiar related to the boy's 911 call was neglected by 911 dispatcher). The lawsuit will soon follow. Plus his parents also will face the punishment for just letting it happen without any interference.

I hope cleveland cops will wake up and realize it is severe consequences they will face. I hope the stupid bully get caught one day before hurting more kids later on.
oops.. sowwy i missed that one.. yea true i agree with u.. geez!

Oh my God, I saw this thread for a first time yesterday and can't beleive after read the whole 6 pages thread here. I feel bad for not be there for you since I was not on the online very much.

I feel want to :hug: your son Jordan... :( I can't beleive that 6 years old was being bullied by 9 years old because 6 years old is still baby... :(

This thread here remind me of Danny when he was 8 years old that's time. He was being bullied by 15 years old teenager. He beat Danny to bleed with swollen face (nose and mouth) - no nose and teeth damage.

Accord German law about minor age (under 14 years old): Police can't do anything but keep bully's records in their file... if it happened again then call CPS and have them to examine bully's family background... Police could be there only if CPS wants to have them around.

We are being recommended how to protect our children from bullies...

All what we do is:

1st Step: Go and talk to the parents of bully.

2nd Step: Go to doctor with injury child and tell the doctor what happenend. They prepare the paperworks for medicial cost to Public Health Insurance. (Public Health Insurance mail the question/answer form to us and the parents of bully to fill out. Then Public Health Insurance will know who is the responsible then they cover the medical cost from parent's insurance.)

3rd Step: Report CPS if the solution doesn't work with the parents of bully and press charge against the parents for the neglect of discipline. (They went to check the parent's background and question them.... If it happened again, then send minor to secure home for Youth including therapy.)

Police would do SOMETHING if CPS called them... Police :bowdown: CPS, not us parents... That's why we were being recommended to report CPS continuity until there're bad records then CPS feel ready to do something...

From 14 years old:
Either report CPS and then police or Police and then CPS... (We got CPS to call police on 15 years old teenager after hurt Danny to bleed). They sent him to secure home for youth and got his mother to move out of village because we don't want to do anything with them since mother denied that his son bullied a lot of children in my area and school.

Get protection or restricted order against minor doesn't solve anything...

I strongly DISAGREE to treat minor as an adult but sent them to Secure Home for Youth because there're theraptists who can help to improve aggressive children's self-esteem etc. The children who become aggressive etc due their unhappy family background. It's CPS's job to examine their background accord children protection law, not Police.

Thanks Liebling.... I had no idea about Danny too? :(

I already did step one and two, but not three because I would need hard evidence to proof that there is something going on in that apartment, which I don't have. The case about Jordan, is already in file at the police department and Juvenile Hall and I'll have a court date on the restraining order on that 9 years old boy, I'll have to face the judge in order to get a temporality restraining order. According to have to arrest that 9 years old, by law the age has to be at 10, so there is nothing at this time they can do anything about this 9 years old boy until he strike again at the age of 10.

I've seen him coming around standing by the corner of our house, but he hasn't done anything yet, I'm still waiting on the restraining order to get it signed and serve.

When you said that, having a protection order or restraining order doesn't do anything, well it does for me, It helps me keep the boy away from my son, if he is near my son, I can phone the police, because I'll have a piece of paper to show that he is to be kept away.

Cheri said:
Thanks Liebling.... I had no idea about Danny too? :(

Yeah, I posted the story in Rebelgirl's thread last January 2006.
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=447249&postcount=122

I already did step one and two, but not three because I would need hard evidence to proof that there is something going on in that apartment, which I don't have. The case about Jordan, is already in file at the police department and Juvenile Hall and I'll have a court date on the restraining order on that 9 years old boy, I'll have to face the judge in order to get a temporality restraining order. According to have to arrest that 9 years old, by law the age has to be at 10, so there is nothing at this time they can do anything about this 9 years old boy until he strike again at the age of 10.

I can understand but the doctor, police or CPS will see the proof is Jordan's face, arm & leg... which is unacceptance because the police must have known that it's not first time since you said: ?

Cheri's post
From what I've heard that this 9 years old kid had hurt other children the same age as my son who is 6, One of them who was 3 end up in the hospital with a broken leg. He was never been arrested. How many chances of warning does this boy have in order to get arrested? If he had done it before? How come the police knew where this boy lives with just a first name and last name? Hummm.. Makes me wonder if he had a lot of statements that been reported by victims parents.

If I learn that it's not first time what 9 years old did, then I would report CPS on parents for neglect of disicpline because it have to be stop before it goes worst. It's time for him to get the help before it goes too late.

I've seen him coming around standing by the corner of our house, but he hasn't done anything yet, I'm still waiting on the restraining order to get it signed and serve.

When you said that, having a protection order or restraining order doesn't do anything, well it does for me, It helps me keep the boy away from my son, if he is near my son, I can phone the police, because I'll have a piece of paper to show that he is to be kept away.

Yes, I said to get a protection or restraining order doesn't solve anything... Why? Because the children make up peace and be friends again after fighting... or whatever... Most children forgive each other easily and make up friends again and seek to them behind parent's back. I respect your decision as mother but I only say in my opinion, that's all.

All what I wish for you best of good luck and hope everything goes smooth for you and your boys because I always know that you are a good and wonderful mother to your 2 boys.

Liebling,

When I said "I heard" It was rumors been spread out by people who lives in our area, I am not 100 percent certain if those stories are true or not, about what he did to other children and the three years old kid, because for one the police officer did not tell me that he had heard about this kid before, nor that the kid had a history of complaints made by the police department.

When you said, Children make up and become friends, They were not friends to begin with, He was pretty much was the kid that got involved with any sports that my children were playing with their friends. When I met him from the start, I knew he was up to no good because of his lying ways and stealing, Is that a person I would want my kids to hang around with? No. And you're correct since I'm a mother of my own children I would rather them to have a group of friends who are good people not bad people.

I know that kids are kids...
whether they get into fights, or verbal swabbles. But there is a fine line being an abusive bully or just having a normal fight and making up afterwards. I would either move or take the following steps that you have taken. No child should be in that situation and I know if this bully doesn't know his lesson he will learn it shortly.

It could be that this boy also is being abused at home. Phsyically, etc. Maybe he has no knowledge of how to handle a conflict properly. I would look into into CPS. Maybe he needs to be taken out of the home situation, there are so many issues why one retorts into being a bully.

Bullies aren't born that way, they are made that way.

BTW I am not trying to make people feel sorry for him, but seriousily this kid sounds really messed up. He needs help in more ways than one.

Sadly it had to be your son that took the beating for his problems. Again, try and see if there is anything you can do for both sides. Cause he will probably do it again, if someone or something doesn't stop him.

Cheri said:
Liebling,

When I said "I heard" It was rumors been spread out by people who lives in our area, I am not 100 percent certain if those stories are true or not, about what he did to other children and the three years old kid, because for one the police officer did not tell me that he had heard about this kid before, nor that the kid had a history of complaints made by the police department.

Yes, I know from reading that you "heard". It make no difference either it's rumor or not but it still make sure before he hurt other innoncent children after the happened with your Jordan. Safety is Safety.

When you said, Children make up and become friends, They were not friends to begin with, He was pretty much was the kid that got involved with any sports that my children were playing with their friends. When I met him from the start, I knew he was up to no good because of his lying ways and stealing, Is that a person I would want my kids to hang around with? No. And you're correct since I'm a mother of my own children I would rather them to have a group of friends who are good people not bad people.

I hope you don't mind that I share mine with you and only want you to aware what I had through.

A girl and I become best friend when we were 16 years old. A girl's parents forbidded her to befriend with me because of my bad family background. They labeled me as "bad person" and afraid that a girl get bad influence from me. They want her befriend with other girls from good home. Guess what, a girl and I met secret behind her parent's back for years until she told her parents the truth and want to share as roommate with me until I met my hubby and married and live in Germany as the same as she married and have children and live in other country. We still contact each other until now..... Her parents are speechless and wrong about me because our friendship are strong.

Anyway, I would not do the same to my children what my best friend's parent did to her. I look at Alan's friend who come from bad family background. Why should I forbidden Alan to befriend with him because he is a bad person? No Way, I accept what he is and explain Alan positive things what right or wrong instead of forbidden him something.

Liebling:-))) said:

A girl and I become best friend when we were 16 years old. A girl's parents forbidded her to befriend with me because of my bad family background. They labeled me as "bad person" and afraid that a girl get bad influence from me. They want her befriend with other girls from good home. Guess what, a girl and I met secret behind her parent's back for years until she told her parents the truth and want to share as roommate with me until I met my hubby and married and live in Germany as the same as she married and have children and live in other country. We still contact each other until now..... Her parents are speechless and wrong about me because our friendship are strong..
I understand that, but the point is you have been friends with her, and my boys haven't been his friend, he was just a bully who beats kids younger than him for the fun of it, If you only knew him, You would understand my position here, If he was a friend of my boys and he apology for his action, I would forgave him so would my boys, but he never apology and he was never a friend to them from the start and go, I don't see why I should care for him, when he did not care for my boys or any other children that he beat up?

RainGurl said:
I know that kids are kids...
whether they get into fights, or verbal swabbles. But there is a fine line being an abusive bully or just having a normal fight and making up afterwards. I would either move or take the following steps that you have taken. No child should be in that situation and I know if this bully doesn't know his lesson he will learn it shortly.

It could be that this boy also is being abused at home. Phsyically, etc. Maybe he has no knowledge of how to handle a conflict properly. I would look into into CPS. Maybe he needs to be taken out of the home situation, there are so many issues why one retorts into being a bully.

Bullies aren't born that way, they are made that way.

BTW I am not trying to make people feel sorry for him, but seriousily this kid sounds really messed up. He needs help in more ways than one.

Sadly it had to be your son that took the beating for his problems. Again, try and see if there is anything you can do for both sides. Cause he will probably do it again, if someone or something doesn't stop him.
yea true i agree with u.. gee

Cheri,

Can i recommend you something?

try send your son to karate classes.. to help him self esteem and defense.. Umm.. ?

:)

MsGiglz said:
Cheri,

Can i recommend you something?

try send your son to karate classes.. to help him self esteem and defense.. Umm.. ?

:)
Yes, I thought of that after reading Rockdrummer's post, I asked my son if he was interesting in taking up karate classes, and I am going to sign him up for one when I return home from the bbq tour. ;) Thanks for the recommend.

Cheri said:
Yes, I thought of that after reading Rockdrummer's post, I asked my son if he was interesting in taking up karate classes, and I am going to sign him up for one when I return home from the bbq tour. ;) Thanks for the recommend.

yeah, i believe in karate.. for self displince and self esteem.. respect too .. but.. it doesnt mean that he will go out and being ego and fight kids back.. he will show.. the respect.. and defense if kids try be at him..

kids might pick on him.. say.. oh you are into karate.. show me moves.. your son will learn from that class.. dont show.. :)

Umm isn't that teaching children to fight back?..

Karate teaches the difference between going into a fight, and
defending yourself. I mean if someone threatens to beat you and sure you walk away. If someone is beating you up with a potential to cause major harm using physical fighting is the only way you can escape in self-defense. Every situation is different. I know it takes a bigger man to walk away but when it's your health/life on the line I know I'd take a all the strength I could mustard to kick whoever is hurting me butt!

Cheri said:

Cheri, I am sure your kids will love it cuz I know. My son loves it too. I am going to sign him up next month and I am sure we will start all over again. Since my old teacher moved 2 hrs away. :(. Oh well at least I know some karate and get my butt moving. LOL

Back