Powerful Winter Storm to hit the Northeastern states

its all good man!!! bring it on!!!!!! bring it on!!!!! i'm a deaf viking!!!!! (not really, its for rhetorical effect, im far too civilized to chop heads off of people and use them as drinking goblets of slain enemies, i degrees.)....
i don't shout naked in the wind!!!! I SIGN NAKED INTO THE WIND!!!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
bring it on!!!!
ahhhhh
bring! it! on!

More snow coming here? Woot! Yeah, bring more!

Just shoved several wood logs in stove. Won't have issue with heating here I have plenty of firewood that would last another season from now.

Seriously, blizzard is really nothing. Just expect more delay and time that is all. Nothing serious unless whoever is really idiot... need not explain more.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

diehardbiker said:
More snow coming here? Woot! Yeah, bring more!

Just shoved several wood logs in stove. Won't have issue with heating here I have plenty of firewood that would last another season from now.

Seriously, blizzard is really nothing. Just expect more delay and time that is all. Nothing serious unless whoever is really idiot... need not explain more.

I hear ya. People who don't heed the warnings to STAY HOME. Us deafies know to do just that, but the hearing people who don't heed such a warning? Well, we know what happens.

Last edited:
dont stay home. go into the storm. have fun. the crazier the better!!!!!!!

Right, it is not like crashing into Hurricane or Tornado.

Only Idiots would stay in home when earthquakes strikes. Scary!

dont stay home. go into the storm. have fun. the crazier the better!!!!!!!

You meet an EF4 or EF5 tornado, you are good as done. Those monsters aren't so forgiving as an EF1 or EF2.

its a snow storm man!!!!!! go have fun!!!!!!!

Can't now. My bedroom window had a crack that was letting in cold air, and it took a great effort to actually close and lock it, and in the process, I did something to my left shoulder, and I've just filed a complaint with the employer of the person who does maintenance around here, and his failure to do the job properly.

You do not go outside during an earthquake if you live where are power lines and a lot of trees. We had an earthquake when I lived in Berkley and one of my neighbor ran outside and stood right under a power line and near some trees. I had an old wooden house and I was right next to the doorway when the quake hit and I stood there as I did not know if I had time to run to safer spot in my house.

Earthquake Country Alliance: Protect Yourself During an Earthquake... Drop, Cover, and Hold On!

its a snow storm man!!!!!! go have fun!!!!!!!

No you not do out outside during the storm to play , you wait till it's over , the wind and snow could knock down power lines and trees. You can do that but I am going to wait before I take a walk in the park with my dog.

You do not go outside during an earthquake if you live where are power lines and a lot of trees. We had an earthquake when I lived in Berkley and one of my neighbor ran outside and stood right under a power line and near some trees. I had an old wooden house and I was right next to the doorway when the quake hit and I stood there as I did not know if I had time to run to safer spot in my house.

Earthquake Country Alliance: Protect Yourself During an Earthquake... Drop, Cover, and Hold On!

And no one in their right mind would stand outside and film a tornado, because they're so unpredictable, and can change direction at any given moment, and suck you away. They've also been known to do gruesome things to a human body, which is why an underground shelter is the best place to be.

Just drove good few hours out in storm. 4 idiots decided to go into foul lane, I still don't understand whats point of speeding in wintry and icy road, got emergency and gone over the shoulder, that emergency means nothing.

Its common sense thingy, when earthquakes strike, ANYTHING above you can fall onto you so check "Up there" make sure nothing is up there and you will be fine.

I've been in a lot of earthquakes. Once you know your house can take a 7.1 quake, you feel pretty safe staying at home. We never hung heavy objects like mirrors or paintings above our bed. For quite a few nights after the "big one" we slept upside down in the beds, away from all windows. Kept the kids in our rooms with us. Standing under a door frame does work. My refrigerator tipped over, chimney fell off, pool emptied etc. We were all safe and that is what really matters. Moved away from the Bay Area and have not experienced a real quake in 20 years. That is just the way I like it.

The forecast for freezing rain was wrong. We got snow!! :)

Brrrrrrr!...feel bad for you all...Went thru a few Hurricanes...and I always took down my heavy paintings and beveled glass mirrors, laid them flat...anything heavy was taken off the walls. Luckily, during Hurricane Floyd, the only damage to my House was just some roof shingles blowing off and the lawn a soggy mess.

Its common sense thingy, when earthquakes strike, ANYTHING above you can fall onto you so check "Up there" make sure nothing is up there and you will be fine.

I know that , my neighbor did not use her common sense by going under a power line. People told me to in the doorway when I moved to California but that is was the right thing to do, but according the link I posted I was lucky having an old wooden house. It was builds in the 1800's.

There's no doubt in my mind: global warming is real. It is causing extreme weather and ushering in a new Ice Age.

The forecast for freezing rain was wrong. We got snow!! :)

Well, guess what? There's another storm headed our way, and this one is even nastier than the one we just went through. They're saying there's chance of blizzard-like conditions on Friday, so that's going to put a damper on my weekend plans. :(

Back