post office cuts saturday

Did you answer my question in #56?

I'm just curious because if you are hourly wage so you will get extra pay for overtime, but not case for salary.
The union contract for career employees includes salaries. Of course, we get paid for OT 1.5 X for up to 2 hours or 6th day work, and 2 X for penalty OT (no penalty OT during December) as per the contract.

Supervisors/managers don't get OT pay because their salaries are much higher. They are even required to attend a staff meeting off clock. They used to get bonuses in the past but no more.

:lol: It will never happen to career employees. BTW, there are many transfers available for them so no job loss.

it will. USPS is not immune to this disaster.

UPS and FedEx do it better.
They don't deliver flats (magazines, catalogs, ads, etc) and letters. Wake up, Jiro! USPS will lead parcel deliveries in the near future. You will see.

I forgot to tell you that PMG in his video announcements always said that we don't need to worry about losing our jobs. So if you want to continue talking shit like Txgolfer, go ahead. I will just laugh my ass off.

They don't deliver flats (magazines, catalogs, ads, etc) and letters. Wake up, Jiro! USPS will lead parcel deliveries in the near future. You will see.
no they don't deliver junks but they do deliver letters and they do a better job at it because... well gee.... they're not bleeding as much money as USPS is.

I forgot to tell you that PMG in his video announcements always said that we don't need to worry about losing our jobs. So if you want to continue talking shit like Txgolfer, go ahead.
why am I not surprised? that's union's job. to scoff and assure people that they're not losing jobs but if ya'all did lose jobs... well that's ok to union leaders because they still have a lot more money in their pockets than ya'all have.

I will just laugh my ass off.
well - I'm not sure if this is something to laugh about....

The service lost almost $16 billion in 2012 and is now losing about $25 million per day. It has hit the limit of its $15 billion credit line with the U.S. Treasury, and has only enough cash for a few weeks of operations.

sad to see that you're deeply disillusioned and clueless about it. I would be gravely concerned about it and demand my union leader to do something about it and agree to a sensible & reasonable plan rather than whining and balking for pay increases.

The union contract for career employees includes salaries. Of course, we get paid for OT 1.5 X for up to 2 hours or 6th day work, and 2 X for penalty OT (no penalty OT during December) as per the contract.

Supervisors/managers don't get OT pay because their salaries are much higher. They are even required to attend a staff meeting off clock. They used to get bonuses in the past but no more.

If you get paid OT, then you are a non-exempt hourly paid worker. Yes, you may have a salary, but it is still paid at an hourly rate. I know, because that is how my job is paid.

Last edited:
You still don't know wtf you are talking about.

the reality says otherwise.

post offices closure and now 5x a week. has the reality hit you yet or no?

But UPS and FedEx don't deliver on Saturdays, do they? I think too many businesses depend on mail so they have to be open all weekdays.

[ame=http://askville.amazon.com/UPS-Fedex-deliver-weekends/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=1466517]Does UPS or Fedex deliver on the weekends?[/ame]

I found more web sites that said they will deliver on Sat. but not Sun. I heard PO that are open on Saturday will stay open so people that have PO boxes can pick up their mail but they'll not deliver. I bet more people will get PO boxes to get their mail on Sat.

Does UPS or Fedex deliver on the weekends?

I found more web sites that said they will deliver on Sat. but not Sun.

they do deliver on Saturday but with additional fee.

UPDATE - I just googled and looks like they changed their policy.

http://www.fedex.com/us/fedex/shippingservices/package/home_delivery.html
When shipping your package to a customer’s home, you want it at their door at the time that works best for them. With day-definite, evening and appointment delivery times you can tailor delivery to when it is convenient for your recipient. FedEx Home Delivery serves 100 percent of residential addresses even on Saturdays (at no additional charge) and evenings, and is supported by a money-back guarantee.*

http://www.ups.com/content/cb/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/sat_delivery.html
For time-critical shipments, UPS offers the convenience of Saturday Delivery.

looks like only UPS charges for Saturday delivery but not FedEx. cool.

The UPS processing site about a mile from my house is not open on the weekends (empty parking lot). I suppose they do handle "specials" that people pay extra for. Or maybe that's just FedEx.

And you're "whining" because a measly $10/bi-weekly is taken out for medical. Oh, you poor, poor boy. I wish only that much was taken out of my pay for medical. :roll:
No, my health insurance premuim was increased $10 more than last year. I pay $98 for it bi-weekly now. Last year it was $88. Two years ago it was $73.

No, my health insurance premuim was increased $10 more than last year. I pay $98 for it bi-weekly now. Last year it was $88. Two years ago it was $73.

Oh. Sorry, I misread you previousl post regarding that.
Yeah, mine went up this year too. :(
But it is certainly better than not having any coverage.

the reality says otherwise.

post offices closure and now 5x a week. has the reality hit you yet or no?
Not at all. If my plant closes down, I will be transfered to another plant in LA. As for no more Saturday delivery, it will be more work for letter carriers delivering mails on Mondays. That's not my position to say since I am not a letter carrier.

Is it for individual or family?

It is more expensive to deliver the mail via UPS and Fedex, also they charge extra fees for Alaska and Hawaii, since USPS offer flat rate for all states. I prefer to keep USPS as mail business but they need sustainable. I will be not surprised if USPS return to taxpayer funded operation.

Our constitution allows to have monopoly mail carrier - USPS and if you want USPS to be more competitive, so the congress have to pass the amendment to de-monopolize the operation. I don't think it will pass because of many pro-labor run in the political system.

Self and family. $42 for self only. According to Kaiser high option plans.

Oh I see, the workers in private companies pay about over $300 to $800 per month for health insurance, so you are lucky to have reasonable health insurance.

It is more expensive to deliver the mail via UPS and Fedex, also they charge extra fees for Alaska and Hawaii, since USPS offer flat rate for all states. I prefer to keep USPS as mail business but they need sustainable. I will be not surprised if USPS return to taxpayer funded operation.
Yes, that's right. Whenever you order online, usually you will be offered different options for delivery. UPS and Fedex cost higher than USPS.

The irony about this whole thing is that Congress will not allow the USPS to make a profit but I don't understand why they allow 16 billion yearly losses.......

The irony about this whole thing is that Congress will not allow the USPS to make a profit but I don't understand why they allow 16 billion yearly losses.......

You're asking this about a government that keeps raising the debt ceiling? :cool2:

Back