post office cuts saturday

No lay-off! USPS wanted to reduce work force by offering employees VER (Voluntarily Early Retirement) with $15,000 incentive. Nationwide, approximately 25,000 of them have taken the offer. They already retired 7 days ago (Jan 31st).

However, to replace those who retired, USPS still hire new employees called PSE (Postal Support Employee) who get less pay ($15/hr - 6 hrs/day) while career employees (full-time clerks including me) make at least $25/hr. At my plant, there are over 60 PSEs now.

That is a step in the right direction. USPS is way over budget. Their salaries are out of control.

ea6.jpg

and de-certificate the union and less benefits. :naughty:

I think CP will SCREAM. :giggle:
Sorry to inform you that PMG supports the union so...

Don't forget that we pay fed tax, state tax, SS tax (went up to 6.2%), medicare, health ins (also went up about $10/bi-weekly), retirement pension, etc that would equal to about 30-35% of bi-weekly pay. BTW, we had pay freeze (no increase) for almost three years. We finally got 1% pay increase last Nov and we will have two COLAs (one COLA from last March has been on hold) this coming March. Hooray!

they will still continue to support the union anyway even if they're about to lose their jobs. shame that they can't see the doom around the corner.

I doubt it. The union was calling for his termination today.
There are at least three different unions. Which one are you talking about? APWU, NALC or NPMHU?

There is closed captioned video announcement by PMG every month at work and he always says NO lay-off and that he works with the union all the way so that's why he dropped the request to Congress regarding no lay-off clause.

$80k a year per employees is about right. It is not just salary that company pays, they have to pay SS taxes for employee, worker comp coverage, health insurance coverage, retirement, benefits, and so on and it adds up. I know it sounds extreme but it is really conservative number.

It does seem likes a drop in the bucket. I just saw a report that said they spend $50Billion on employees between salary and benefits. That is $80,000/yr/employee. That is outrageous. Granted not all of them make that much.....but still. SMH

Don't forget that we pay fed tax, state tax, SS tax (went up to 6.2%), medicare, health ins (also went up about $10/bi-weekly), retirement pension, etc that would equal to about 30-35% of bi-weekly pay. BTW, we had pay freeze (no increase) for almost three years. We finally got 1% pay increase last Nov and we will have two COLAs (one COLA from last March has been on hold) this coming March. Hooray!

So.....you pay taxes just like every other employed person.

There are at least three different unions. Which one are you talking about? APWU, NALC or NPMHU?

There is closed captioned video announcement by PMG every month at work and he always says NO lay-off and that he works with the union all the way so that's why he dropped the request to Congress regarding no lay-off clause.

It is NRLCA (National Rural Letter Carriers Association).

$80k a year per employees is about right. It is not just salary that company pays, they have to pay SS taxes for employee, worker comp coverage, health insurance coverage, retirement, benefits, and so on and it adds up. I know it sounds extreme but it is really conservative number.

And it is way to high for someone to stuff an envelope in a box. We can train monkeys to do that.

To tell the truth, we are always very busy with mail, especially parcels. Many of us work OVERTIME everyday. What does that tell you? There are millions of postal customers all over the world.

To tell the truth, we are always very busy with mail, especially parcels. Many of us work OVERTIME everyday. What does that tell you? There are millions of postal customers all over the world.

Do you use salary or hourly wage?

what tells me is that you and the rest will be out of job soon if this keeps up. the system is inefficient and costly. UPS and FedEx do it better.

Yet you are still operating at a loss and have to borrow from taxpayers. What does THAT tell you?

what tells me is that you and the rest will be out of job soon if this keeps up. the system is inefficient and costly. UPS and FedEx do it better.
:lol: It will never happen to career employees. BTW, there are many transfers available for them so no job loss.

:lol: It will never happen to career employees. BTW, there are many transfers available for them so no job loss.

Did you answer my question in #56?

I'm just curious because if you are hourly wage so you will get extra pay for overtime, but not case for salary.

Back