post office cuts saturday

lol. ya'all - lemme give you a hint....

sarcasm_detector.jpg

I knew TXGolfer was being sarcastic. I only responded after Foxrac missed the sarcasm.

What about IRS Audit, state departments, federal departments, court summons, collection agencies, city/county and other important documents? If you only receive electronically - that's cool.

I prefer to check everyday to keep tracked and ensure that no consequence on my life.

Lol, well I have no reason to get most of those. :lol:

What about IRS Audit, state departments, federal departments, court summons, collection agencies, city/county and other important documents? If you only receive electronically - that's cool.

I prefer to check everyday to keep tracked and ensure that no consequence on my life.

many of us receive those kind of documents only once a year.

collection agencies? lol what? he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would get into debt and avoid them.

I don't check my mail everyday because like everybody else.... 95% of my mail goes into shredder.

You'll get them on Monday. :roll:

I'd say about 98% of my mail is nothing but junk mail. I think just about the only thing that isn't for me are medical bills. I get most everything else electronically. So I care not one whit that there won't be Saturday delivery. Let the carriers have full weekends off, finally! :)

I'd say about 98% of my mail is nothing but junk mail. I think the only thing that isn't are medical bills. I get everything else electronically. So I care not one whit that there won't be Saturday delivery. Let the carriers have full weekends off, finally! :)

my shredder must be elated to have full weekends off too :lol:

You'll get them on Monday. :roll:

You misunderstood - my post isn't about oppose to Saturday delivery, so I was just question to TX.

I don't care about end the Saturday delivery, though.

Only small percents of people who don't know how to use online to pay bills or fear of, they would complain for not have Saturday delivery. Move on..

I gave my simple sane plan to this a year ago. Keep Saturday delivery. Deliver on alternating days. Some people get mail t,th,s and some get mail m,w,f.

This reduces labor costs, fuel costs, vehicle costs, maintenance costs AND emissions

The only problem is that the union would fight this.

many of us receive those kind of documents only once a year.

collection agencies? lol what? he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would get into debt and avoid them.

I don't check my mail everyday because like everybody else.... 95% of my mail goes into shredder.

I have very fewer junk mail - usually credit card offer and loan offer.

Most mail that I got medical bills and car loan payment (the creditor hasn't offer me to opt out, so I paid all via online).

It will be interesting to see how people and businesses will react to this. We have never had a Saturday delivery and it's never been a problem that I know of - even before the advent of the internet.

Dropping Saturday to save 2 billion dollars when the annualized loss was around 16 million.....:shock:.....I say keep Saturday and cease delivery 3-4 other days. My shredder's about ready to go to the Big One in the sky.....:lol:

Dropping Saturday to save 2 billion dollars when the annualized loss was around 16 million.....:shock:.....I say keep Saturday and cease delivery 3-4 other days. My shredder's about ready to go to the Big One in the sky.....:lol:

It does seem likes a drop in the bucket. I just saw a report that said they spend $50Billion on employees between salary and benefits. That is $80,000/yr/employee. That is outrageous. Granted not all of them make that much.....but still. SMH

No letters on Saturday won't save Postal Service - CNN.com
Congress then needs to free up the Postal Service to become a more commercial entity. But that can't happen unless it also eliminates both of the service's monopolies (one over mail delivery and the other over mailbox use) and changes its organizational structure. Repeal of the monopolies is necessary because the service will never get the freedom to pursue new lines of business aggressively, and thus to generate new revenue, unless it is subject to the discipline of competition.

There is no reason why the U.S. Postal Service cannot also become a leader in the global delivery sector. It already has a far-flung network of sorting centers and letter carriers that allows it to deliver physical documents to every U.S. address six days every week.

Given the size and diversity of the United States, that is an amazing feat. It could use that capability to deliver mail "the last mile" in innovative ways, such as assisting new businesses in the area to advertise.

It could also tailor its delivery frequency to the demand for home delivery in a particular region. Some mailers may want to saturate an area with mail, while others may want slow, steady delivery. The current "one size fits all" approach is clearly inefficient.

The Postal Service would also be freed up to seek new revenue by forming alliances with global logistics and courier companies. Moreover, it has a massive portfolio of real estate that includes large buildings in prime downtown locations as well as massive sorting centers throughout the country. Its real estate alone is likely worth tens of billions of dollars.

Selectively selling some of those assets would free up resources for the service to pursue new market opportunities. Indeed, it probably has enough assets so that -- if properly managed -- it could recapitalize its core business without a taxpayer bailout. But Congress must act to allow that to happen.

I wonder some post office buildings will be closed down in metro cities in the near future?

In the city where I live, the main post office branch closed a couple years ago. Then they moved to a much smaller location about a mile away. Then they closed that new location altogether. Now all my city has (population 50k+) is a contract post office (aka "borrowed space" in a convenience store.) The thing I love about this is that this new contract post office location is literally 1.5 blocks from me. It offers all the same services my main branch did, so I have no complaints. The one disadvantage would be is that I cannot pick up packages there, I'd have to go one city over. So far that hasn't had to happen yet.

More jobs lost?
No lay-off! USPS wanted to reduce work force by offering employees VER (Voluntarily Early Retirement) with $15,000 incentive. Nationwide, approximately 25,000 of them have taken the offer. They already retired 7 days ago (Jan 31st).

However, to replace those who retired, USPS still hire new employees called PSE (Postal Support Employee) who get less pay ($15/hr - 6 hrs/day) while career employees (full-time clerks including me) make at least $25/hr. At my plant, there are over 60 PSEs now.

No lay-off! USPS wanted to reduce work force by offering employees VER (Voluntarily Early Retirement) with $15,000 incentive. Nationwide, approximately 25,000 of them have taken the offer. They already retired 7 days ago (Jan 31st).

However, to replace those who retired, USPS still hire new employees called PSE (Postal Support Employee) who get less pay ($15/hr - 6 hrs/day) while career employees (full-time clerks including me) make at least $25/hr. At my plant, there are over 60 PSEs now.

Hey conservatives, let cut your wage to $8 per hour. :lol:

Back