post office cuts saturday

"Yet still in deficit?"

I don't mean to butt in but they haven't even removed Saturday mail yet. They delivered our mail this morning. All that has happened thus far is the USPS has announced PLANS to remove Saturday delivery. Also UPS/FedEx does not charge .47 cents to send a letter. They are two completely different animals.

Don't get me wrong. I'm with Tousi on this one but maybe a bit more extreme than him as I think they should only deliver the mail three times a week. I also say that they should remove bulk mail from their services. They give businesses huge discounts for sending massive quantities of mail (much of it heavier than a standard letter) through them.
It's currently 46 cents for first class letters (1 oz or under). Other rates increased as well.

Three days delivery per week will not make customers happy. USPS always emphasizes that customer satisfaction is # 1.

While it's true that bulk rates are usually too low, it's a bad idea to remove bulk mail which helps USPS alot.

There are too many local postmasters and upper level managers who get high pay. We should cut them down.

I'm sure that the Post Office stopping Saturday delivery is two fold. Yes, the internet and email has hurt them but more than that they have been totally mismanaged for years. Fraud & waste. But that is what big government does isn't it?!~ It is a crying shame.

It's currently 46 cents for first class letters (1 oz or under). Other rates increased as well.

Three days delivery per week will not make customers happy. USPS always emphasizes that customer satisfaction is # 1.

While it's true that bulk rates are usually too low, it's a bad idea to remove bulk mail which helps USPS alot.

There are too many local postmasters and upper level managers who get high pay. We should cut them down.

1) We pay $25/hr to sorters. Plus benefits. That is insane

2) 3 delivery days has overwhelming public support. It is the unions who are unhappy with it.

127304_600.jpg

At work, it was announced that Congress voted no to the 5-days delivery which was supposed to start in August so USPS must continue 6-days delivery much longer.

1) We pay $25/hr to sorters. Plus benefits. That is insane

2) 3 delivery days has overwhelming public support. It is the unions who are unhappy with it.
Uh-oh! On April 3rd, PMG just said in his video that he doesn't support it at all. Blame on the union? :laugh2: You don't know what you are talking about as usual.

Uh-oh! On April 3rd, PMG just said in his video that he doesn't support it at all. Blame on the union? :laugh2: You don't know what you are talking about as usual.

I doubt that radical measures will kick in, though and you will have some members that support radical measures - very unlikely to pass.

At work, it was announced that Congress voted no to the 5-days delivery which was supposed to start in August so USPS must continue 6-days delivery much longer.

No surprise, the Congress needs to change the pension for USPS to on pair with all federal employees.

No surprise, the Congress needs to change the pension for USPS to on pair with all federal employees.
PMG proposed that USPS needs to change the retirement benefits from the federal retirement system to USPS's own retirement system so that way Congress will not be able to control it. So wait and see if Congress will approve it or not.

In 1782, how do they delivery the mail? Remmeber that time, there is no train, no telegraph no nothing just horses where you have to either ride on it or sit back and let them haul you. It was rather slow

70 years forward, what happened? We got Railroad, Canal that is about to complete, so throwing mail in railroad proved to be cheaper and faster than though the horse. AND United states start to explore the west.

Makes sense really.

Dunno if this is interesting but I noticed the postage in 1782 was 6 cents for up to 30 miles and then 70 years later it went down to 3 cents, no distance limit in July of 1863 and then three months later in October down to 2 cents.

Back