Pondering the Mysteries....

It's not like that! so knock it off! :mad:

:mrgreen: no harm done

Last edited:
KJ.. i have few questions to ask

are you wanted dead or alive anywhere in US?

planning on moving out of US? if so.. why?

is there any goals you are planning in 5 years ahead that u know u'll success for sure in timely manner?

sorry if i'm asking stupid questions

Steel said:
mmm-hmmm..so you drive eh?

Of course I drive. I have to... I can't live being without transportation.

I own (or should I say my bank owns it until I pay it off) a Red '97 Chevy Cavalier Z24... pretty sporty ;)

I miss my '65 Ford Mustang tho, that was my first car. Very nicely restored by myself and dad.

Cool. I'll let others ask questions for you...sorry if I seem to be hogging all the attention here...so it was nice chatting with you though :mrgreen:

Sweet_KJ said:
Of course I drive. I have to... I can't live being without transportation.

I own (or should I say my bank owns it until I pay it off) a Red '97 Chevy Cavalier Z24... pretty sporty ;)

I miss my '65 Ford Mustang tho, that was my first car. Very nicely restored by myself and dad.

I'm just curious- what's the legal age of driver's license in California? I'm from NJ and I got it when I was 17, that was the legal age we could get license, however the new law, recently passed, that when at 16, they get their permit, pratice with parents, and when they turn 17, they have to wait six months after their 17th birthday to get a license. When they do, they have some restrictions such as having one friend in the car, no more than one allowed, and they can drive from 5am to midnight, and cannot drive out to state. I was lucky I got my license before they passed it.

It's nice to have a few fans every now and then :) Yes, Steel is my numero uno questionaire ;)

sweetgal154 said:
I'm just curious- what's the legal age of driver's license in California? I'm from NJ and I got it when I was 17, that was the legal age we could get license, however the new law, recently passed, that when at 16, they get their permit, pratice with parents, and when they turn 17, they have to wait six months after their 17th birthday to get a license. When they do, they have some restrictions such as having one friend in the car, no more than one allowed, and they can drive from 5am to midnight, and cannot drive out to state. I was lucky I got my license before they passed it.
Yeah I think that califorina has some kind of suck ass state laws there...bleh

(no offense KJ)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
are you wanted dead or alive anywhere in US?

planning on moving out of US? if so.. why?

is there any goals you are planning in 5 years ahead that u know u'll success for sure in timely manner?

sorry if i'm asking stupid questions

No question is ever stupid! All good questions make the individual think, and you really made me think ;)

Um, no I'm not a fugitive from the law anywhere in the US. I'm a law-abiding citizen (for the most part ;) ) But I'm pretty sure I'm wanted alive by all my friends :naughty:

I did plan on moving out of the US, mostly for the experience. I'd love to live in Europe. I'm an Anthropology major, so I like to be in different places and experience human life in different cultures.

Hmm... 5 years.... I do hope to be a teacher, and I'm sure I'll get my credential by then. Also I'd love to start a personal business of event planning... I may have to start by word-of-mouth. I enjoy planning parties, other activities, making a budget, brainstorming new ideas.

Last edited:
You can get a driver's permit when you're 15. Then license at 16, that's provisional, and I don't know if it's true (because it didn't go in effect until after I already turned 18) you must ride with an adult (21 over) afterhours (like between 11 pm and 7 am?? )up until you're 18.

Steel said:
Yeah I think that califorina has some kind of suck ass state laws there...bleh

(no offense KJ)

No offense taken.... I don't think our laws are so bad or so much different from other states... could you provide a possible example?

Sweet_KJ said:
No offense taken.... I don't think our laws are so bad or so much different from other states... could you provide a possible example?

I know for a fact NJ has a really strict law on DUI (driving under influence)

no wonder lines are so long when I go to DMV to renew my license!! :squint:

sweetgal154 said:

Well, I hope that all states should have strict laws on DUI anyway. That's just IMO

Besides DMV places are always slow.... they're government owned, and the employees take their own sweet time torturing the rest of us waiting in line, etc.

Sweet_KJ said:
Hey I remember you saying something about that last year,... returning Blockbuster vids, eh?
Yep, as well as stopping by Hooters for lunch and taking a tour of the mall. Last Sunday, I walked to several stores then went to the mall for a late lunch. Afterwards, I visited a grocery store, a toy store, then went to see a movie. Afterwards, I walked around more to the grocery store again, then walked past a couple restaurants before coming back here.

sweetgal154 said:

I know exactly how you feel! that very same thing happened to me and I had to wait for 3 hours to get my turn in the training before I could get my license on first try but nope there was a few errors that I did...like I forgot to turn the break off on the Jeep I was driving :roll: but so far I never hit anyone lol...I got my license on the third try and it wasn't easy, really. but one of my ex-friends got her license about 7 tries! damn she's so fucked lol

Steel said:
I know exactly how you feel! that very same thing happened to me and I had to wait for 3 hours to get my turn in the training before I could get my license on first try but nope there was a few errors that I did...like I forgot to turn the break off on the Jeep I was driving :roll: but so far I never hit anyone lol...I got my license on the third try and it wasn't easy, really. but one of my ex-friends got her license about 7 tries! damn she's so fucked lol

Wow, 3 and 7 tries?? I got mine on my first try, and I didn't really know what I was doing -- I was shocked I even passed it because I haven't been practicing, and it was raining that day, I've never droven in rain before.

since you live in califorina, you ever been near an earthquake??

sweetgal154 said:

I don't remember long lines at the DMV. It was about 15 to 20 minutes maximum for the whole driver's licence process. In Utah, it is also quick, but they don't give you the licence at the end of the process. You have to wait a week or two for it to be mailed to you. So that's long!

Also, I started driving with a permit when I was 16, with my parents, of course and so on. I did hear that the laws have changed ever since then, which I think is weird. It is similar to the French law, where all the beginner drivers have to put "A" on their cars and drive with some limitations (up to 100 km from home, etc...). Then they finally can drive normally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steel said:
since you live in califorina, you ever been near an earthquake??

How about been on an earthquake? I live near a fault. You know the infamous Northridge earthquake back in hmmm 1989? That really originated in my town up in canyons behind my house.

*edited added:* It felt like my whole house was rocking like a boat on heavy sea water. Glasses broke, dogs were freaked out, and it was a quick end to my home speech therapy lesson of the day.

Last edited:
ive heard a little about big earthquake in northridge back in '93. it sounded scary. several buildings damaged then rebuilt and the campus looked really nice now. i lived in northridge for a year while attended at CSUN a few years ago. youre so lucky that you went that school- UCSB, i heard it was a party school but on a great location! i've visited SB a couple of times, so gorgeous! a friend of mine went there on occasion, who has friends in SB, maybe we happen to know same friend? i'll pm you the name of my friend. are you thinking about going back to school for master? continue to study in anthropology? what kind of anthropology are you interest in study?

e said:
ive heard a little about big earthquake in northridge back in '93. it sounded scary. several buildings damaged then rebuilt and the campus looked really nice now. i lived in northridge for a year while attended at CSUN a few years ago. youre so lucky that you went that school- UCSB, i heard it was a party school but on a great location! i've visited SB a couple of times, so gorgeous! a friend of mine went there on occasion, who has friends in SB, maybe we happen to know same friend? i'll pm you the name of my friend. are you thinking about going back to school for master? continue to study in anthropology? what kind of anthropology are you interest in study?

it was in 93? I never remember the years :)

Yes UCSB is a bit of a party school, and still continues to be even tho it is starting to be more academically recognized, we have several Nobel Prize winners teaching there.

Yes, I know that person :) We call each other by our own names as a joke.

At the moment I am thinking about going back to school to get credential for teaching, maybe go for a M.Ed in the process. I enjoyed Anthropology, I was a cultural emphasis major (I'm probably one of the best observers anyone who meets me know of..) I'm particularly interested in Native Americans cultures, it is a bit too bad it is vaporizing :(

Back