Political Move Cave-In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to the CEOs who stole all their/our money. The top CEOs that ran their companies into the ground made off with billions of dollars in severance packages. I don't know of any industry where you're allowed to bankrupt your own company and then depart with eight and nine figure final paychecks. Yet you're sitting here whining about $500m that enriches the lives and imagination of billions of people all over the planet and don't want to raise taxes on those scumbags that steal all of our money and get away with it?

Two wrongs don't make a right........but it can't be expected for you to understand this because you always believe your viewpoint is right.

Two wrongs don't make a right........but it can't be expected for you to understand this because you always believe your viewpoint is right.

So, let them get away with it, while the rest of us suffer? I paid taxes that were given away, but too bad for me?

This makes no sense at all given the context. What are we, in kindergarten here?

As for your second comment, go look in the mirror. I swear, you get more detached from reality every day.

My viewpoint:

1) Man can't live on the moon
2) Man can't live on Mars
3) Man can't economically live on a space station
4) The advancements of the space station come at
the expense of advancements here on earth

People living in all of America could be without an energy bill had the funds been spent on R&R of renewable solar power. It is always best to allow the private industry to develope advancement but if the government is going to use the people's money then the people must benefit, free of cost. The advancements of NASA and ISS are used in such a way that the people still have to pay for something they funded. If you don't understand this then you are not as smart as a fifth grader.

You really don't understand the advances made in science as a result of the space program, do you?

My viewpoint:

1) Man can't live on the moon
2) Man can't live on Mars
3) Man can't economically live on a space station
4) The advancements of the space station come at
the expense of advancements here on earth

Can't???? More like don't... Just because something is not being done doesn't mean we do not have the technology to do it.

Everything comes at the expense of something else... silly, that's why budgets are made and monies put forth towards different projects. I'm sure in your home you don't just spend money on what you think is the most important at the time. I bet you budget your lunches, gas needs, house payments ect... Boy, if I didn't budget I would be living high every night and broke every day.

stop rolling your joint, dude.

Can't???? More like don't... Just because something is not being done doesn't mean we do not have the technology to do it.

Everything comes at the expense of something else... silly, that's why budgets are made and monies put forth towards different projects. I'm sure in your home you don't just spend money on what you think is the most important at the time. I bet you budget your lunches, gas needs, house payments ect... Boy, if I didn't budget I would be living high every night and broke every day.

Can't and don't both work here. Try and live on the moon as a human. It is dumb to try but you can if you want to. Don't think the largest number of taxpayers see this as a wise investment if you give them the option. Like you referred to, people have wants and needs and often, because they are humans, get the two out of priority. Are you going to try and tell me you yourself and your family members would not like to be without an energy bill? You better talk to them, I'm betting they would all just love to be without am monthly bill.

Yes, I do. You really don't understand cost/benefit do you!

Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I can run a statistical cost benefit analysis in the blink of an eye. But you see, where you are making your error is in lack of actual knowlege of the benefits that have been available through the space program. If you aren't aware of the benefits, all you see are the costs. That is not an accurate cost benefit analysis.

Can't and don't both work here. Try and live on the moon as a human. It is dumb to try but you can if you want to. Don't think the largest number of taxpayers see this as a wise investment if you give them the option. Like you referred to, people have wants and needs and often, because they are humans, get the two out of priority. Are you going to try and tell me you yourself and your family members would not like to be without an energy bill? You better talk to them, I'm betting they would all just love to be without am monthly bill.

So go solar. :dunno2: The technology is available. But what does that have to do with the space program? Actually, the vast majority of Americans supported the space program. And the vast majority would love to not have to pay a ulitities bill every month. One has nothing to do with the other.

Whoa! let's try to keep a cohesive thought process here. "It is dumb..." is not a very good argument. And no, I could not afford to build a lunar base if I wanted to. I would be first in line if NASA wanted to setup a lunar base.

Actually the public has been very supportive of NASA over the years.

Who wouldn't want to be without an energy bill???? but what does this have to do with NASA????

So go solar. :dunno2: The technology is available. But what does that have to do with the space program? Actually, the vast majority of Americans supported the space program. And the vast majority would love to not have to pay a ulitities bill every month. One has nothing to do with the other.

I thought you said you could do a cost/benefit!

Where you and Cheetha get lost is.......who pays for NASA?
Right the taxpayers of America....they have no choice
In return for THEIR INVESTMENT, the advancements come at a second cost to THEM.

YES, solar technology had ben R&Red by private companies and the products are allowable to the public. But the public pays through the nose for second-rated advancement. NO, I don't fault these private companies. They did not have an over $1 billion dollars a year, on average, for R&R like NASA did. Had they had that much the advancements would today be first-rated and affordable to all, unlike today's which are affordable only to the well-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back