Political Move Cave-In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to the people all over America who can't afford their electric bill.

Tell that to the CEOs who stole all their/our money. The top CEOs that ran their companies into the ground made off with billions of dollars in severance packages. I don't know of any industry where you're allowed to bankrupt your own company and then depart with eight and nine figure final paychecks. Yet you're sitting here whining about $500m that enriches the lives and imagination of billions of people all over the planet and don't want to raise taxes on those scumbags that steal all of our money and get away with it?

Tell that to the CEOs who stole all their/our money. The top CEOs that ran their companies into the ground made off with billions of dollars in severance packages. I don't know of any industry where you're allowed to bankrupt your own company and then depart with eight and nine figure final paychecks. Yet you're sitting here whining about $500m that enriches the lives and imagination of billions of people all over the planet and don't want to raise taxes on those scumbags that steal all of our money and get away with it?

I fail to understand why is it that many supporters of Republican Party don't realize that they are the poor and they'll never get rich like those who they are blindly supporting to.

:confused:

I fail to understand why is it that many supporters of Republican Party don't realize that they are the poor and they'll never get rich like those who they are blindly supporting to.

Some people believe they cannot move up if there is no one there for them to look up to. Despite the fact that almost no one gets to move up except of their own initiative.

Last edited:

This has always astounded me, too, Jiro. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Makes virtually no sense what so ever, which just indicates that they are not putting thought either into their values or the candidates they support. Voting on raw emotion and fear. And screwing themselves in the process.

This has always astounded me, too, Jiro. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Makes virtually no sense what so ever, which just indicates that they are not putting thought either into their values or the candidates they support. Voting on raw emotion and fear. And screwing themselves in the process.

It's a subject of endless discussions in the political section of Freeratio.org. I don't post there though I lurk there every now and then.

They've been sold this lie that by protecting the interests of the elite, ideologically or physically (i.e. police officers acting as mercenaries), they will somehow benefit. The 1% has convinced them that they're different from you or I. They don't understand that us 99% are all in this together. We can have different religious and moral beliefs. We can have different political beliefs, but our long term financial and economic interests are essentially the same. Somehow the 1%ers were able to confound this, and it seems republicans are much easier to confuse. To cause discordance and keep different factions from recognizing our interdependence is exactly what they want and exactly what keeps us in our place, whining and complaining on internet BBs, but not really doing anything about it.

They've been sold this lie that by protecting the interests of the elite, ideologically or physically (i.e. police officers acting as mercenaries), they will somehow benefit. The 1% has convinced them that they're different from you or I. They don't understand that us 99% are all in this together. We can have different religious and moral beliefs. We can have different political beliefs, but our long term financial and economic interests are essentially the same. Somehow the 1%ers were able to confound this, and it seems republicans are much easier to confuse. To cause discordance and keep different factions from recognizing our interdependence is exactly what they want and exactly what keeps us in our place, whining and complaining on internet BBs, but not really doing anything about it.

Some of those that are protecting the elite are also protecting their own little piles. When they tell me it is to my benefit, I don't always see how. Greed is the biggest problem, from all ends of the political spectrum. "Why should I pay for some bum to sit around and watch Maury?" "Bush made the economy suck. Now the government has to pony up until I find the right job!"

Some of those that are protecting the elite are also protecting their own little piles. When they tell me it is to my benefit, I don't always see how. Greed is the biggest problem, from all ends of the political spectrum. "Why should I pay for some bum to sit around and watch Maury?" "Bush made the economy suck. Now the government has to pony up until I find the right job!"

Nope, it's Obama's fault. Therefore let us bring back the Republicans. :shock:

It works both ways. The solution lies in between the extremes.

Get rid of the gridlockers, Obama will get his way. Get rid of Obama, the gridlockers get their way. See the silliness of your argument? :giggle:

Sheeple.

Get rid of the gridlockers, Obama will get his way. Get rid of Obama, the gridlockers get their way. See the silliness of your argument? :giggle:

I see a lot of silliness. I bolded it.

Right, except, how many people with their own little piles lost it all to Bear Stearns, Lehman, AIG, etc.? Unless you're a 1 percenter, your money is not safe. Somehow, the elite managed to swindle some 99 percenters into thinking that their money is safe as long as they beat back the gluttonous hands of the lazy and entitled.

The real lazy, entitled group is the fat cat motherf&*%^s sitting at the top of skyscrapers on Wall Street and figuring out the newest way they can best steal YOUR money and laughing at how long they've been able to keep this charade going.

Right, except, how many people with their own little piles lost it all to Bear Stearns, Lehman, AIG, etc.? Unless you're a 1 percenter, your money is not safe. Somehow, the elite managed to swindle some 99 percenters into thinking that their money is safe as long as they beat back the gluttonous hands of the lazy and entitled.

The real lazy, entitled group is the fat cat motherf&*%^s sitting at the top of skyscrapers on Wall Street and figuring out the newest way they can best steal YOUR money and laughing at how long they've been able to keep this charade going.

Conservatives prefer that YOU are to deal with the consequences of your fate, because they believe you are responsible for it. Whether your bad luck is a result of market crash, health issues, poor economy, foreclosure, layoff, etc, the Conservative stance tends to be "You should have prepared for this. It is your lack of effort/knowledge/foresight that has you in this predicament." A lot of Liberals are former Conservatives that have felt the cold realities that can come in life.

Conservatives prefer that YOU are to deal with the consequences of your fate, because they believe you are responsible for it. Whether your bad luck is a result of market crash, health issues, poor economy, foreclosure, layoff, etc, the Conservative stance tends to be "You should have prepared for this. It is your lack of effort/knowledge/foresight that has you in this predicament." A lot of Liberals are former Conservatives that have felt the cold realities that can come in life.

I'd say that the opposite can happen as well. Some people who start off as being liberal end up making a lot of money, in one way or another, and protecting that money and making it grow becomes their number one priority in life. Kinda sad, really.

I'd say that the opposite can happen as well. Some people who start off as being liberal end up making a lot of money, in one way or another, and protecting that money and making it grow becomes their number one priority in life. Kinda sad, really.

I often wonder what inspires some of these guys when they hit the 10 figure level. Why not buy a couple of islands and go camping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back