Plasma and Flat Screen TVs

e

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm researching on televisions and looking for which brands had best qualities and reasonable (or almost) prices because I plan on buying a big 36" beautiful TV! So far I know that Sony and Toshiba are top brands. So here are some of my questions about TVs:

Is there any of you or your own friend/relative owns a plasma? Tell me about your/their experience/opinion on it.

Which flat screen television brands and models are the best to you?

I don't know anything about digital tvs, so if some of you knows about it, then drop in the info!

I've searched through the internet and even read a consumer reports book. I'd like to hear from people's experiences and opinions. I guess it can be helpful sometimes....

Thanks!

My parents who owns SONY flat widescreen "61 ... it's rule..

Sony has a better brand, tho.

Also you may check some webiste.. im sure there are some comment about plasma tv?

I've been to someone's LAN party (where you bring computers together and network them together and play games) and someone had a huge plasma tv.

It was really awesome. Someone mentioned that it causes more static discharges..so it's bad idea to have one when you have kids around...know what I mean?

Any other kind of tv types would be cool, but plasma tv?
My old roommate had that one. It sometimes shows some color blurring when there's 3-d effects or when the objects move too fast from tv movies or programs.
You will sometimes catch the color blurrings. I don't really like that plasma type tv.

I did thought of getting HD-tv. I'll probably get one of those day but not plasma type though.

I wish i could buy luxurios flat tv and etc.. no matter to me flatscreen tv and models.. it is important to you feeling comfortable with good quailty than names.. i always admired RCA equpments.. but i bought 50 inch big screen from america made, called G.E... but i am happy with it than nothing.. anyway

Some people have all the luck in the world (sigh). I have all Sony tvs in my house. But, I would strongly suggest to you to purchase a PIONEER flat. From many past experiences, I would choose a Pioneer equipment over a Sony (I have no complaints over Sony).
Reason, I've purchased Sony Tv's? Not too many Pioneer Distributors and lack of research time.
So, if money is not an issue, go w/ Pioneer.:boink:

Originally posted by Travis
36 inches plasma . = enough money to buy a 15,000 worth car

Panasonic TH42PWD 42" Plasma Television

Price: $7,999.99 (CDN Funds)

Converted to US Funds....

Price: $5,777.66 (US Funds)

Panasonic TH50PHD 50" Plasma Television

$14,999.99 (CDN Funds)

Converted to US Funds...

$10,833.74 USD (US Funds)

Well, I wouldn't have plasma tv in my house because its dangerous...if plasma tv drop on the floor and you can die from it, smell dangerous chemical from plasma tv I forgot what chemical it was I think gas not sure tho. Once plasma tv drop and breaks, get out of the house immediately. But I still won't have it in my house period since I have almost 3 yr old son and another on the way. Whats more what if I was sleeping and kids were up in the middle of night playing and somehow accidently had plasma tv drop & broke...:eek:

:ugh: *Plasma*.. sound so gross.. cuz its part of human body parts..
hehehe ha! :D

Originally posted by eternity

Also you may check some webiste.. im sure there are some comment about plasma tv?

I got to disagree with you about brand, Phillip is better and good price than Sony.

I read newspaper that tell me that Plasma, flat tv use to burn, which you may get dark or little black on the screen, last only up to 5-6 years or so. There is GREAT deal about LCD TV. It offer less enegry (electric), cheaper and non-burn. Bad thing is... it's usually have part of dark area during the light day than plasma.

Well... I think Plasma is cool, sadly, had to replace screen every 5-6 years depend how long are you use in per day. :)

i have a 32" SONY flat screen TV i got as a gift -- i LOVE it!!! less glares and more clear screen for viewing

i :dunno: abt plasma tv's tho -- i oughta check those out too LOL

Originally posted by Fly Free
i have a 32" SONY flat screen TV i got as a gift -- i LOVE it!!! less glares and more clear screen for viewing

i :dunno: abt plasma tv's tho -- i oughta check those out too LOL

Yeah I agree with u abt the flat screen tv. it is very clear and plus it has two different screens that can have two differnet tv shows on it to watch than missing everything at once :)

Originally posted by LezArtist
Yeah I agree with u abt the flat screen tv. it is very clear and plus it has two different screens that can have two differnet tv shows on it to watch than missing everything at once :)

hahah Lez u remmy that too LOL -- wasnt thinking of that just the brand name of the TV but yea thats kewl too :)

I have a widescreen projection TV from Sony it's pretty cool

don't forget that Panasonic and Samsung are good companies too

I have a 13' Sanyo TV in my room for watching my favorite shows and playing games

Last edited:
Originally posted by XSilverX-76
Gateway company flat TV is the best (www.gateway.com) but it is expensive. If you can't afford, Sony will do.

1280 X 1024 SXGA support: Built-in digital scaling engine accepts various computer and HDTV signals, then digitally maps the signals to fit within 852 x 480 pixels. Compatible signals include computer display resolutions up to 1280 X 1024 and HDTV signals including 720p and 1080i.

Yikes, it only can go up to 1280 x 1024!

That's BAD for a TV that is measured at 42 inches!

Originally posted by eternity

I agree with you here, I have a 20" flat screen sony television in our bedroom - oh gosh it's really sharp and clear! :thumb:

hmmm a TV that is as big as a wall? what's so bad about it? lol

Back