Plasma and Flat Screen TVs

LOL...I think poor E is going to get more confused. I don't think plasma is worth the money unless you have it. I think a nice wide screen HDTV is the way to go right now. That is my opinion.

Thanks a lot, guys, I didn't expect to get so many replies! :thumb: It's pretty helpful!
So, I'll research on Sony, Pioneer, Phillip, Toshiba, Samsung and Panasonic (bleh, it's ok). I'm not interest in HD-TV nor plasma. I wanted to know more about plasma beacuse it's new. I think I'll wait for plasma to improve in 10 years from now LOL.
I'm surprise no one has mention Toshiba, I thought it's one of most popular brands. Anyone owns a Toshiba TV?

Originally posted by e
Thanks a lot, guys, I didn't expect to get so many replies! :thumb: It's pretty helpful!
So, I'll research on Sony, Pioneer, Phillip, Toshiba, Samsung and Panasonic (bleh, it's ok). I'm not interest in HD-TV nor plasma. I wanted to know more about plasma beacuse it's new. I think I'll wait for plasma to improve in 10 years from now LOL.
I'm surprise no one has mention Toshiba, I thought it's one of most popular brands. Anyone owns a Toshiba TV?

i have a TOSHIBA brand TV but its old -- approx 10-15 years and still working great! :D

Originally posted by e

I remmy just last year, it was over 15,000 for ONE damn HDTV. Now this year, I recently look at the electronic store which cost narrow 7k-8k. I guess I would saying within 2 years, it gonna be cheaper.

Accord the tv guide, there are only at least 10 tv available support for HDTV. :|

I've been looking into getting one of these;

Dell 2100MP Projector

Easy to move around for someone who moves as much as me (14 different places in the last 12 Years) and you get Big Screen Goodness.

Originally posted by Steel
I have a widescreen projection TV from Sony it's pretty cool

don't forget that Panasonic and Samsung are good companies too

I have a 13' Sanyo TV in my room for watching my favorite shows and playing games
Little tv in your room? :wackit:

:laugh2:

Originally posted by dhw5320
I've been looking into getting one of these;

Dell 2100MP Projector

Easy to move around for someone who moves as much as me (14 different places in the last 12 Years) and you get Big Screen Goodness.

Only the problem is that once the bulb burn out... it'll cost you a pretty penny to get a new one.

4 or 5 years between bulbs. The bulb is 350. How is that any different from a 1400 dollar tv? With the replacement bulb you get an extra 4-5 years worth so for 1400 you have a projector to last you 8-10 years depending on usage, the cost spread out over 10 years is 140 a year or 12 dollars a month over the life of the projector.

Recently, I read a newspaper about it. Here is the info:

Television sets (Digital and High Definition):

Eventually, analog TV broadcasts will be a thing of past as digital and high definition technologies take over. Older sets will still work, but won’t offer viewers the glitz and clarity of newer models.

Example: Toshiba 24” Cathode ray -

Electron guns scans phosphor-coated screen

Comment: Long life; expected to last at least 10 years.

Cost: Cheaper; below $1,000.
---------------------------------------------------

Example: Hitachi 65” Projection -

Signals from cathode ray tubes are projected onto a screen.

Comment: Popular but takes up more space

Cost: More than $1,000

Example: Sharp 20” Liquid Crystal (flat display) -

Liquid crystals control light passing through them.

Comment: Lasts 10 years but bulb may need replacing after two years.

Cost: Less than plasma

Sony 32” Plasma (flat display) -

Tiny pixels of gas are illuminated when charged by electrodes.

Comments: Best technology but shorter life; image quality degrades over time

Cost: As low as $3,000

Note: Don’t forget that it is not included speakers, a bracket, and installation fee. Even, don’t mention paying your cable fee.

personally i have black 27" samsung flat screen tv. i am very happy with it. its screen is more clear as crystal.

I like to share with you about the fact!

Hi there!

No thats not true about plasma will effect people's health issues. no proof! anyway, I purchased the VIZIO Plasma HDTV 42in on 6-12-2008. I watch VPHDTV42 about a week. I & my fiancee must have the Closed Caption on TV all times.

I admit you that I have lack of experince with Plasma. I recently research and resource it on internet. There and this are hardly evidence of documents about severe burn-in permanently.

Wait, wait a minute..ACTUALLY I just find the true evidence what I saw it with my own eyes right there. I just want my plasma tv to clean a ghost/ faint images by Image Cleaner. Anyhow I immediately notify some multi red/ vinyl squares as something wrong on white screen (for image cleaner). I walked close plasma screen to see it, I am like "thats good sufficient of evidence" and in my mind: I knew this is offically SCREEN BURN-IN permanent for lifetime.

look some pictures of below:

img6761a600zj2.jpg

img6870b6003hf4.jpg

img6882b6004iu4.jpg

So Now I know what different between IR and Screen Burn-IN. It is typical of plasmas, not just Vizios..

On phone, I called VIZIO CO., they did tell me about their acknowledge that. they admittedly warned me it has began and will be getting worse and worse where phosphor burn-in,[known as] screen burn, is a permanent disfigurement of areas on a Plasma display affect when I watching TV like:

640pxplasmaburninatdfwajh1.jpg

Therefore, I took the set back and exchanged it for the LCD HDTV.

I encourage you learn Plasma's History & aware what the plasma TV's traditional phosphor design and techin. ;)

You can visit http://avsforum.com , thats good forums give many specifiy topics, issues and infoms.

I own Panasonic 37" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD and Panasonic 32" LCD. My personal, I like Plasma over LCD because rich color and bright.

5 years ago, we got Panasonic Plasma from floor sample at Circuit City. Still great condition. No burn-in. Most time, we set up yellow or green font.

Last year, I got "Opened box" Sony 32" LCD.
One month ago, I grabbed last one - Brand New (left over 2007 model) Panasonic 32" LCD for $499 with 5 years warranty.

I am not worry about burn-in. All my older computer CRT does not have any burn in unless you left power on and pause. Best way, turn power off - to avoid burn in like Acrade game or Airport's timetable for flight leave/arrive.

Most latest newer plasma HDTV has anti-burn-in built-in, however it seems odd that XBGMER got burn-in problem, I guess his plasma HDTV's mfr date was in 2006 or 2007, or some latest plasma HDTV still not have anti-burn-in built-in.

1280 X 1024 SXGA support: Built-in digital scaling engine accepts various computer and HDTV signals, then digitally maps the signals to fit within 852 x 480 pixels. Compatible signals include computer display resolutions up to 1280 X 1024 and HDTV signals including 720p and 1080i.

Yikes, it only can go up to 1280 x 1024!

That's BAD for a TV that is measured at 42 inches!

Why do you think 42 inches is bad??

Y'all guys are opinions about Plasma and Flat Screen TV. My husband is plan to buy a new Plasma on Black Friday after Thanksgiving this year. He want to get plasma because it have a computer with wireless keyboard and bluebooth. It will be work for Mac TV.

We went to my our friends' house and play WII with Plasma. We all watched a DVD movie together. My friends have own HDTV. We didn't have any problem with it. I like the plasma because of Closed-Captioned with custom. It's cool! I didn't believe if Plasma cause health risk. There is no proof it!

Y'all guys are opinions about Plasma and Flat Screen TV. My husband is plan to buy a new Plasma on Black Friday after Thanksgiving this year. He want to get plasma because it have a computer with wireless keyboard and bluebooth. It will be work for Mac TV.

We went to my our friends' house and play WII with Plasma. We all watched a DVD movie together. My friends have own HDTV. We didn't have any problem with it. I like the plasma because of Closed-Captioned with custom. It's cool! I didn't believe if Plasma cause health risk. There is no proof it!

I hope no health risk.
We just bought Vizio 32 inch plasma with the stimulus check from the government.
I really love it!

Few people talked about 32" Plasma HDTV.
So far, I know they do not have any 32" plasma. Just LCD.
LCD and Plasma are not same Tech. Plasma has glass on surface. LCD is soft surface.
Plasma HDTV start from 37" or larger than 37". Not many market 37" Plasma. Most common, they sell 37" LCD.

I doubt about health risk from plasma. Unless you drop plasma HDTV. Tell me how is your health?

Our first Panasonic 37" Plasma HDTV made in 2003 or 2004. Still no burn-in.

I agree with you. That what I doubt about plasma can cause health risk either. My friend's plasma about 52 inches and still work on hdtv. It's weird!

LCD and Plasma are not same Tech. Plasma has glass on surface. LCD is soft surface.
Plasma HDTV start from 37" or larger than 37". Not many market 37" Plasma. Most common, they sell 37" LCD.

I doubt about health risk from plasma. Unless you drop plasma HDTV. Tell me how is your health?

Vizio Inc. - Products - VP322 - 32" Class Plasma HDTV

Here is a link to show the details of the 32 inch plasma Vizio that we bought.

Why do you think 42 inches is bad??

He was talking about 720p and 1080i, it's not great for 42" or above.

1080p (1920 x 1080) is best for any HDTV that's 42" or above.

Back