Plasma and Flat Screen TVs

wifey and I just got a 37'' Olevia LCD

I believe the screen on it is made by Sharp...

Got it for about 700 bucks from Target. Plus if you get a target credit card you get 10% off the purchase at checkout.. Then you can walk to the service desk and pay off the card right away :lol: I bet they love it when people do that.

But we have had the TV for a couple of months and its great. Best value around for a great quality TV

Plasma is great for contrast/Black levels but high temperature and bad power conservation. Burn In is old news from 3 years ago and most newer have anti-burn.

LCD is great for good power conservation and less temperature but bad contrast.

I hope no health risk.
We just bought Vizio 32 inch plasma with the stimulus check from the government.
I really love it!

so no problems with your Vizio? I'm curious. I saw that Vizio at Circuit city. I was like, I dunno if Vizio is good name.

so no problems with your Vizio? I'm curious. I saw that Vizio at Circuit city. I was like, I dunno if Vizio is good name.

So far no problem but we only had it for a week. I think not the best brand name, but we could afford it and we really wanted one.

If nothing goes wrong it is the best picture we ever had.

I was told that Vizio has been around a long time. They are the company that makes those huge super screen at ballgames. They show videos and scores and etc. They decided to get into tv business recently. I do not know if that is true but that is what I was told.

I was told that Vizio has been around a long time. They are the company that makes those huge super screen at ballgames. They show videos and scores and etc. They decided to get into tv business recently. I do not know if that is true but that is what I was told.

If true then maybe I got a lucky buy and they have lots of experience.

If true then maybe I got a lucky buy and they have lots of experience.

Yea, I might buy their brand when I'm ready. I like the fact that their screen has a hard and glass feel while others are soft and can kinda push with finger.

I own Panasonic 37" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD and Panasonic 32" LCD. My personal, I like Plasma over LCD because rich color and bright.

5 years ago, we got Panasonic Plasma from floor sample at Circuit City. Still great condition. No burn-in. Most time, we set up yellow or green font.

Last year, I got "Opened box" Sony 32" LCD.
One month ago, I grabbed last one - Brand New (left over 2007 model) Panasonic 32" LCD for $499 with 5 years warranty.

I am not worry about burn-in. All my older computer CRT does not have any burn in unless you left power on and pause. Best way, turn power off - to avoid burn in like Acrade game or Airport's timetable for flight leave/arrive.
Darkage, I aware that panasonic and pioneer plasma are best panel TV. anyway I actually played video games (of course GTA 4) on Plasma for 10 hours. Amazing, there was nothing burn-in, nor destory or IR at all. But CC is one can burn-in screen's pixel where it destory itself as easy.

Whoa, I can't believe what someone said that My Plasma's mfr date was in 2006 or 2007! where the hell he got infom? Even, He work at walmart. he know nothing? C'mon! Firsttime Walmart selling the plasma this year. the vizio Plasma 42 and 32's mfr date are 5/2008, hello!

Y'all guys are opinions about Plasma and Flat Screen TV. My husband is plan to buy a new Plasma on Black Friday after Thanksgiving this year. He want to get plasma because it have a computer with wireless keyboard and bluebooth. It will be work for Mac TV.

We went to my our friends' house and play WII with Plasma. We all watched a DVD movie together. My friends have own HDTV. We didn't have any problem with it. I like the plasma because of Closed-Captioned with custom. It's cool! I didn't believe if Plasma cause health risk. There is no proof it!
Pinky, Yeah you guys planning to buy the plasma HDTV then go for it! no one stop you what you get! :)

Zac, Vizio is trusted name.

img7034x600tr8.jpg

img7072x600amm4.jpg

This running pretty great and beautiful picture quality Since 6.21.2008 We returned plasma HDTV and exchanged for new VIZIO 42IN” 1080p LCD FHDTV!

Vizio got my VOTE!

Vizio is very good brand and great price. I have one and I love it. It's clear pictures for Directv, Wii and Mac Mini.

Darkage, I aware that panasonic and pioneer plasma are best panel TV. anyway I actually played video games (of course GTA 4) on Plasma for 10 hours. Amazing, there was nothing burn-in, nor destory or IR at all. But CC is one can burn-in screen's pixel where it destory itself as easy.

Whoa, I can't believe what someone said that My Plasma's mfr date was in 2006 or 2007! where the hell he got infom? Even, He work at walmart. he know nothing? C'mon! Firsttime Walmart selling the plasma this year. the vizio Plasma 42 and 32's mfr date are 5/2008, hello!

Excuse me, you misread my post, I never confirmed it but rather to guess, it means I can be wrong.

I don't work in electronic dept, you don't know about my position, however I don't pay attention to electronic dept, I always buy stuff at Best Buy.

It looks like your plasma HDTV has no anti-burn in then it sucks, try different brand, if so then anti-burn in should be not function so properly.

im been hunting tv at wal-mart,sams club and lots of mores online because of expensives prices.

i read about plasma and hdtv says they can add CC on remotes i would be so imagine for that

i told my mom about i would get new hdtv or plasma whatever i would chose brand tv because my tv with combo vcr/dvd is expensives over $600 is panasonic and my mom brought that tv for me so i will get new hdtv somedays if i got jobs somedays and im earning money enough.

I think i would like to have trust prices at walmart because best prices but sams club is expensives prices for hdtv and plasma.

im really like have combo dvd with hdtv than nothing but im been search online on walmart and let me think about that.

I hook cox cable to my AT&T cable and HDTV and there is c.c. but no c.c. on HDMI so I use subtle from AT&T provided.

Excuse me, you misread my post, I never confirmed it but rather to guess, it means I can be wrong.

I don't work in electronic dept, you don't know about my position, however I don't pay attention to electronic dept, I always buy stuff at Best Buy.

It looks like your plasma HDTV has no anti-burn in then it sucks, try different brand, if so then anti-burn in should be not function so properly.

XBGMER, I'm apologize if make you so upset about that, I was just guess until you can confirm if right or wrong.

Thank you! I want to ask my husband about Vizio. I can't wait to get plasma on Black Friday.

Pinky, Yeah you guys planning to buy the plasma HDTV then go for it! no one stop you what you get! :)

Zac, Vizio is trusted name.

This running pretty great and beautiful picture quality Since 6.21.2008 We returned plasma HDTV and exchanged for new VIZIO 42IN” 1080p LCD FHDTV!

Vizio got my VOTE!

Back