Phyllis and Marlee on CSI

Well, now you all know the truth about terps. We resent being "invisible," we're conniving, we're underpaid, and we enjoy blowing up deaf people. :evil:

and hearing French-Canadians are just as bad.

Well, now you all know the truth about terps. We resent being "invisible," we're conniving, we're underpaid, and we enjoy blowing up deaf people. :evil:

:rofl: I did notice they made sure the villains were hearing.

Just a question, is it normal for an interpreter to sit behind the interrogator instead of beside? It occurred to me while I was watching the show.
In the show it seemed to vary. Remember when they were questioning Marlee at the table in the interrogation room? The terp sat across the table from her. When they were questioning the fake deafie, she stood behind the CSI agents. In that case, I think maybe it was because of the table set up with the equipment. It also could have been artistic license for filming purposes.

I did notice that the female terp in that scene when they were testing the guy's hearing never looked down at the monitor. That would be correct. She kept her eye contact with the (supposed) deaf person. She kept neutrality and didn't reveal any reaction to the guy's responses on the monitor because she purposely avoided looking at it. That's similar to doing a medical exam assignment.

I've never interpreted in a police interrogation room, so it probably depends on several factors, such as safety, furnishings, camera positions, etc.

Oh no!!! The truth has been unvealed!!!!!

Yup, sneaky, murdering, hearing terps who are related to deaf wannabe imposters from Ontario who try to bilk deaf schools can never be trusted and will soon be out of all terp work.

Oh yeah, Grissom IS hot.

I hope they do lots more of this kind of show. I was on the edge of my rocking chair and dropped my knitting!

Awww, it not out in UK for another month! I checked UK TV times online.

Now you will be waiting for the coming of CSI in your area next month. It is your turn. That is what we had been waiting for a whole month until last February 3rd. I hope you put down date in your calendar. I hope you can watch the program. :wave:

Now you will be waiting for the coming of CSI in your area next month. It is your turn. That is what we had been waiting for a whole month until last February 3rd. I hope you put down date in your calendar. I hope you can watch the program. :wave:

Thanks. I got the date down on my calendar on mobile and reminder in case! So far I only missed one of CSI programme, seen them all so far this series.

Last week it finally on UK TV. I enjoyed it. Me and my interpreter thought it funny that it hearing people are guilty! Two of them. Not Deaf. :P

Back