Phonak Naida

yeah see, my Naida did that to me, going quiet on me. And I changed the battery too, which did nothing. But after leaving it off for half an hour, I tried again and it was working fine. what the? what is going on with these Naidas? it's ridiculous.

I think I've wasted 4 or 5 batteries in the 3 weeks I used the Naida, oy!

Yeah it is frustrating!

I have no idea what this other audi can do. Hopefully something! She isn't in the same clinic as my audi so she doesn't have access to my programming and stuff. Even if she can order me a new one - how will she program it?

Maybe she can just order me a new one so it is here and waiting for me when my audi gets back...but that is still two weeks! AH!

Oh boy, that it is very annoying about the beeps. That's what I'm trying to tell you. But, I am surprised about replacing the batteries that kept you beeps. That's not right.

If I have new hearing aids without the beeps, it would be great for me. I don't mind if the sound is getting weaker without the beeps like the old days. The beeps are horrible, and I feel that the beeps "stalked" on me. I talked to my audiologist how to turn off the beeps, and she said that there is no other way. That turned me off. The manufacturers knew that, but they won't give us to turn the beeps off. That's not good.

You have a profound bilateral loss and you are using Phonak Una's?

I didn't think Una's fell into the profound fitting range either ??? I thought they were mild-mod (extended to cover some profound upper ranges? -but this was "stretching" them past their fitting range?)???

Hooray?

I've discovered last night, that if I put the Naida on full volume, then my voice sounds 90% it did with the supero! Yay! So it CAN better! Gotta get my audie to change it for my on Saturday. :naughty:

Jenny, Meg, how are you're adapting? Still having problems?

I do not experiece that on-off-problem you're having. Weird. I'm just guessing, but what about the possibility that the ha batteries are too narrow? Causing it not to have proper contact?

Anyway, my other friend, Hermo, got his Naidas on Monday. He was on analogue (Novo forte) and he is having a hard time adjusting to naida and digital all in one. But today he said he's feeling positive. He will join me on Saturday when we'll go for second adjustments.

What programs do you have setup on your Naidas?

I hate the automatic setting.... it blurs out too many noices that I would like to hear, e.g. toilet flushing etc.

Greetings!! :D

I'm still not wearing the Naida (still feedbacking like crazy). I have no idea if my audie has gotten the replacement yet, but he did mention in his response to my email that he has another hearing aid that just came out that he wants to try. What hearing aid that is, I have no clue. But we'll just keep experimenting around.

Megan, I would be interested to know what the other aid your audi wants you to try once you find out! I am seriously considering trying a different aid. The only thing is I REALLY need the sound recover. My audiogram is all NR past 1500Hz more or less. With the sound recover I can hear 6000Hz!

Marisa, I didn't have a hard time adapting to the Naida at all. I hadn't worn hearing aids for six years (before then I have only worn Analog aids) then I used Savia Arts for 1.5months. Then my hearing changed and I got the Naidas. I think that is partially why I adjusted so well.

I am just sick of this on/off buisness!

My programs are: 1-Automatic
2-FM only
3-FM+Mic
4-Music

I use them all. Most of the time I am just in automatic though. For my iPod I use FM only, at school with my FM I will normally use FM+Mic, and then I use Music if I am listening to music or if I am in a situation when I don't want directional mics for some reason.

Hi Jenny.... it's weird that you do not have a calm and a speech-in-noise setting setup. :ugh: The automatic setting is really annoying and I mostly have my ha on the calm setting, except for when I am talking to someone in a noisy situation.

Are you sure the ha turns off completely (and reboot completly, and you hear the beeps like it turn on again?) Reason why I ask is because I experience that when I flushes the toilet / when I'm in my car the ha completly shut out everything, untill the noise stops. Dont know if it's the same case you're talking about?

My audie was soooo happy to hear about my good progress.

I told her that I want some things changed :
1)When I walk fast, I can hear the wind...or when my hair moves around, it scratches agains the naida.... annoying!!
2)Voices sound funny..... hollow & nasal :crazy:
3)That the ha completly cut out loud noises unnecessary e.g. toilet flushing etc.
4)Background noise sounds louder than voices.

She said that I shouldn't worry, and that she will change it. :fingersx:

Seems like you girls aren't really happy with the Naida? What is it with the feedback Meghan?? :O Are your earmoulds not too small?

I'm getting new earmoulds on Sat... Yay.. it's the smaller type... like Meg's. I hope it fit well and won't cause feedback. Otherwise I will have to go back to the old bigger size ones.

Anyone having / using the I-com?

greetings! nice talking to ya! :grouphug:

I used to have speech in noise but I never used it so I had my audie replace it with FM only.

The aid is rebooting. I hear hear the melody for the automatic program 6 seconds after it dies.

buahahaha my earmold is too small. It used to be a skeletal sort of earmold, but I got to clipping at it.. oops. Hey, the top part was hurting my ear! Still waiting on the new half-shell mold though. And I don't know if it's so much the earmold... I'll mess with the earmold constantly, and the Naida is still feedbacking! no matter what I do. I don't get the feedbacks with the Supero.

and I have never heard any differences with the different programs on the Naida. Never. It all sounded exactly the same to me.

hehehe @ earmould... :) Maybe the naida is giving feedback because it's much stronger than supero... but I know supero has an anti-feedback option... So that might be way, it's suppose to give feedback, but it doesn't.

Are you sure you have some programs setup Meghan? Hmm... I'm getting the impression that your audie isn't setting up your hearing aids to the most optional it can be.

Because, why are your supero's audio zoom not setup? :O It's the only difference between the 413 and 412... and you're not using at all? So why do you paid much more for the 413 in first place. Bla bla blah..not trying to offend you, it's just my random thoughts.

I can CLEARLY hear a difference between all the programs my audie has setup for me on my naidas. I'm really shocked to hear that you girls only have "1" setting(except for FM)...

Why are you testing out the Naida's if you're only testing out 30% of what it can do? :eek3: You're not getting / are exposed all the benefits you're paying for!

If you only want 1 setting, why not sticking with cheaper hearing aid?

oeeee.... I feel like you're going to hit me over and over with some brick or something.... Not trying to offend you! :)

Vocational Rehab paid for my Supero, so I wouldn't know if the Supero was more expensive than the Naida. Never saw the final cost for the Supero that VR paid. The AZ is probably there, I just don't notice it. And my audie did set up the programs on the Naida, but they all sound the same. And I haven't even paid for the Naida yet. My audie wanted to make sure it was working right before having me pay, which I'm happy about (other people in the same office said I'd have to pay before walking out of the office with the Naida the first day, LIARS!).

I use the different programmings on the Supero, no problem. But the Naida, maybe it's just that one hearing aid itself that isn't right, but they all sound the same, telecoil sounded bad, etc. And audie has adjusted it a few times too. I think I would rather stick with the Supero anyway, I HATE that there is no on/off switch on the Naida, HATE it. Drives me out of my mind when I try to turn off my hearing aid, but it takes both of my hands to manage to open the stupid battery door. I could never get used to not having an on/off switch.

Marisa, I have a very profound loss. I am using the Naidas because of the SoundRecover, not because of the program options. Also, no other aids really cover my loss. The Naida seems to be the only one that I am in the fitting range for. I didn't even ask for the Naida. My audiologist just ordered it for me when my hearing changed. I am sure that if I were to ask to try soemthing else, and we could find something to fit my loss, that she would let me but I am happy with the Naida - aside from the tech issues.

I never used the programs so I had my audie change it for stuff that I would use.

Marisa, what is your loss like?

Also, I got tomorrow to see the new audiologist about the most recent problems with the Naida. I have decided my audie isn't allowed to go on vacation anymore...especially not when I have been having problems with my aids. I just won't let her! Who knows though...maybe seeing this other audie will be good. She may know something or have an idea that my audie and I haven't had.

I wish I knew when I was seeing my audie. He's so slow with emails!

I wish I knew when I was seeing my audie. He's so slow with emails!

Mine gets back to me same day. Or if I email her after office hours or on a weekend she gets back to me the next working day. It is great! I finally have a functioning TTY again though so now I can call to make my appointments to. Though it is easier to just email her rather than deal with relay.

Good morning girls,

Jenny, ah now I understand. Yes, as far as I'm aware, Naida is the only hearing aid with the sound recover function. My hearing loss is profound. I know most Hz's I can only hear around 100db+, and some not at all, no matter of the volume.

But I will get the specific stats from last Sat's test from my audie on this coming Saturday. She said that I'm 100% deaf.. I ask her, how does she know? She then said, the average db needed to hear will be 100db+. Makes sense.. on school I was told that my hearing loss was 101db right and 105db left.

But, I can't hear anything without hearing aids and I'm dependant on lip-reading while having the ha on.

My audie is the same as Jenny's.... always reply same day / next working day if it was over weekend/evening. :D Yay.

I'm writing exams today! :O Still gotta study a bit. Not suppose to be here online!! Hiehiehie.

Byes! Have a nice day!

dang, my audie needs to get with the emailing program! maybe I should spam his inbox full of emails from me, asking "is the earmold in yet?" "how about the replacement?" "any news?" haha. Of course, I'm just kidding.

Well, I just had a horrific experience with that other audiologist.

For starters she had a very strong accent. I have absolutly no idea what she said. First she tried to replace my right aid. My right aid was working though. Then she reprogrammed it for my left ear, but she didn't just take the programming off my current aid and put it on the new one. No, instead she made up her own programming for it. I have no individual programs at all. Only automatic and mute, and everything sounds different. There have also been some feedback issues. I couldn't communicate with her at all. I tried signing, speech reading...everything and no such luck. I gave up in the end took the aid as is. I went straight to my audiologists office and made an appointment to see her as soon as she is back. The receptionist there knows me well and I told her all about the horrific appointment. She said other people have had similar feelings about that audie. Ugh.

So now I have poorly programmed left aid until the 18th when I see my audie. She is so never allowed to go on vacation again! :giggle:

Back