Phonak Naida

cdmeggers - Did you try other brands of hearing aids? You said that you are still not sure about your current new hearing aids (trial), and you said that you have 90 days left to go. The time will fly so fast.

JennyB - All costs from gas to houses are skyrocketing. I am pretty sure that the fee will be terribly increased if she waits for new hearing aids next year.

cdmeggers - Did you try other brands of hearing aids? You said that you are still not sure about your current new hearing aids (trial), and you said that you have 90 days left to go. The time will fly so fast.

JennyB - All costs from gas to houses are skyrocketing. I am pretty sure that the fee will be terribly increased if she waits for new hearing aids next year.

I am Canadian. Our economy is good right now...I keep forgetting that down there in the states you are struggling!

no I haven't tried other hearing aids yet. I don't know when I'll see my audie again yet, I'm still waiting for him to respond to my email.

I am Canadian. Our economy is good right now...I keep forgetting that down there in the states you are struggling!

Oh, I didn't realize you were Canadian. I live in Ontario too as well.

no I haven't tried other hearing aids yet. I don't know when I'll see my audie again yet, I'm still waiting for him to respond to my email.

Okay. Just get the best ones that make you happy.

One thing that you might want to ask your audiologist about how to turn off the beeps manually when the battery is starting to die - especially if you are in a theater, movies, or driving on the road. This is what I have that problem. I turned off my hearing aids for two minutes, and turned them on because I want to hear the playing. The beeps came back, and... back and forth. I don't want to carry an extra battery with me.

wow i havent seen so many canadians ,esp ppl from ontario, in one thread b4! lol I really hope my right ear doesn't keep on declining like it has i don't want to have to go thru the hassle of getting a new ha cuz its not powerful enough anymore. I only have a phonak una at the moment and if my loss goes past 60 dB i'll have to get a new one and my insurance only covers a new aid every 5 years and i prolly would never qualify for a ci since my left ear hasn't really changed much in my loss so my audi think only my right ear is progressive...oo well something to look forward too for the future lol

I don't mind the beeps on my hearing aid when the battery is dying. I think it's helpful. I wouldn't want that turned off.

still no response from audie yet...

My left aid...it turned off twice today...then six seconds later - turned back on. I want to through these things out a window! My audie is gone for two weeks too...I am stuck with the stupid thing for at least three weeks now. Hopefully it won't be too bad...I can deal with once or twice a day, but if it is constant....

I am from Toronto...well I am originally from Kingston. Now I live in Toronto.

yikes. yeah, right now I have given up on the Naida, and have gone back to wearing the Supero. The Naida constantly feedbacks and drives me up the wall. Still am waiting for the replacement. And I sure am loving music right now.

wow im really glad i didn't have these many problems when my una came out, it was brand spanken new too, but i never had a problem with it..sorry girls!

I didn't have too many issues with the Supero when I first got it. Yeah, it's cut off on me several times (and was replaced, and still cut off...). But, right now, it's definitely the better hearing aid. We'll see how the replacement Naida with new adjustments works out for me, whenever I get it.

Hey there! I'm Marisa from South-Africa.... I already messaged Meghan via Fb. :)

Got my Naida's on Saturday. I loved the audio zoom feature, and can hear a real difference while taling to colleagues in the pause-area, but the sound is dissapointing. I hate the sound of my own and other people's voices. It sounds nasal and also I'm not sure, but it sounds like some of the vowels are cutted out??

Meghan, what type of supero's do you have? I have the 412 model. I would love to have the same sound, but with the extra audio-zoom feature. I saw that the Supero 413 model(newer) has the audio-zoom feature. I emailed my audie to as her about rather trying out the 413 than the Naida, because the Naida sounds a lot more like an analogue ha / microphonic.. :(

My programs is as follows:
1) Auto (Automatically switching between calm & voice-in-noise depending on situation)
2) Calm
3) Voice in noise
4) Music
5) Telecoil

I can confidently say that I can hear a difference in music, it sounds much more clearer and also I'm hearing a lot more sounds than before. But I can't stand the sound of people's voices. It sounds like they're aiming and talking so "IN MY EARS". Hehehe... (Gotta love ears, hey Meghan!)

I think my supero's isn't loud enough. Because with the Naida's I realised that I missed out on a lot of sounds. And if I put down the volume, that extra sounds dissapears... so I think maybe the supero isn't loud enough, because I remember when I got it, I had troubles adjusting to it, because it was too soft. But my audie said that she know it's too soft, but it's because the hearing aids doesn't "trigger" hearing using volume, but triggers hearing in another way (other than normal analogue ha's)

Hmm... hmmm.. hmmmm I don't know what to do. I'm seeing my audie again on Saturday. I told her about the vowels cancellation and the voices that sounds so ugh!!! and she told me to relax and that she will make some adjustments.

But I rather would like to try out the Supero413. :S But I guess she want me to rather try out the Nadia (because maybe she think that I will benefit more with the sound recover function). I dunno.

Btw... just for the stats... :P I'm 24 and lost my hearing when I was 7 years due to a virus. My hearing loss is profound.

I have the 413AZ and have been happy with them in the 4 years that I've had it.

I was thinking I'd get benefit from the SoundRecover feature on the Naida, but I haven't really gotten any benefits at all so far... hopefully the replacement will prove to be better with the new adjustments, but we'll find out. Now, if my audie would get back to me....

good to see you here Marisa! :)

hi Meghan! :) oh... I though it's a new ha. :( Ever used the audio-zoom feature of the 413? What's your opinion about it?

it's really not at all that new, been around for about 4 or 5 years. Phonak has used AudioZoom in other hearing aids since maybe 1999? Maybe longer. I haven't really noticed any "zooming" or anything like that.

I do know that my friend, who had the MicroZoom programmable hearing aid from Phonak, she loved the AZ and used it frequently. It was a seperate option for her. With the Supero, it's just done automatically I think? I don't know. She now has the Supero 412, and she says she wishes she could go back to her old hearing aids, as she did much better with the old ones. Says it's harder for her to hear on the phone with the Supero now. But she gave her twin brother her old hearing aids, so she can't get them back.

I'll say this though, I like the Supero more than the Claro. The Claro for me, was completely maxed out and we couldn't do more with it, and when I wear it, it's so quiet! But with the Supero, there's still plenty more room for volume increases if I need it, which is nice.

I have the audiozoom on my una and i asked about this feature and my audi said that the az is automatic, no buttons to press, it's just like the noise-canceling feature. It adjusts when it needs to, the AudioZoom is also relative to most phonak ha's that have dual microphones intead of just one.

Hi,
I have the ponak una on a trial basis for about 2 months and my speech dsicrim is worse with these although envrionmental sounds are great and they have great features. However, I am going back to my Oticon, (ITEs), speech perception is better and I don't really need to hear all the environmental sounds. I can hear music and tv better with the Oticons. I was kind of disappointed after the first week with the Phonaks...a lot of people rave about them, but then everyone is different....my hearing loss is profound, bilateral.

Hi,
I have the ponak una on a trial basis for about 2 months and my speech dsicrim is worse with these although envrionmental sounds are great and they have great features. However, I am going back to my Oticon, (ITEs), speech perception is better and I don't really need to hear all the environmental sounds. I can hear music and tv better with the Oticons. I was kind of disappointed after the first week with the Phonaks...a lot of people rave about them, but then everyone is different....my hearing loss is profound, bilateral.

You have a profound bilateral loss and you are using Phonak Una's?

AHHHH!!! Today I was at school and my left aid beeped at me to signal that the battery was dying. I had just changed the battery yesterday so I assumed it was a faulty battery and changed it again. The new battery was from a new pack of batteries and a different brand than the last one in it. A few minutes later the aid beeped at me to tell me the battery was dying. I took out the battery, cleaned the battery compartment, and but the battery back in. Same thing happened. It got really really quiet. SO quiet I couldn't tell if it was on or not and when I held it in my hand hearing people couldn't hear feedback unless it was right beside their ear. I replaced the battery again and then it was fine for an hour. Then the process started over again in about an hour.

My audiologist is on vacation for two weeks so I had my teacher phone the clinic where she works. Luckily her receptionist was there (she is also supposed to be going on vacation soon) and she arranged for me to see a different audiologist at a different clinic with the same company. I am going on Friday. I don't know what they can do. I don't have any kind of back-up aids. I also can't go two weeks without my aids. I am incredibly dependent on them. I know nothing about this other audiologist and as a general rule I dislike most audiologists. I get along well with mine but that is about it. hopefully we will figure something out on Friday.

Back