Phonak Naida

iiicccckkkk! that sucks.

Yeah, it sucked a lot!

I also totally realised that I may have a conflict with the time of th appointment with my audi on the 18th. Blah! I have some orientation thing for University but the Access Centre hasn't told me if they were able to get me a terp yet. If they can't get me a terp, I am not going! I am kind of hoping she can't get me a terp. I want my hearing aid fixed ASAP!

I'd skip out on the orientation and get the HA fixed. still no response back from my audie yet, boy he sure is one slowpoke when it comes to emails.

I managed to switch things around so I can do both! I get the HA fixed before the orientation too! Yipee! Only 11 days until it is fixed!

I got an email from my audie this morning. She apologized for not being able to talk to the other audie before my appointment (which is so not her fault, she is on vacation lol!) and said that she will fix it for me as soon as she gets back. Which I knew already. It was nice to know that she is up-to-date on everything that has been happening though!

That sucks about your audies lack of email replying! Maybe he doesn't use email with his clients often? I know that is my audies prefered method of communication with her clients.

Hey Meg,
Not sure if this might help with the whole communication thing but - did you know about this feature for IP relay ??? IP-Relay.com I just thought maybe that way they could actually call you back (even at work) still using relay :)

Last edited:
I use i711 relay and have a personal number from them but eh. More often than not I miss the "calls" because my sidekick3's slow.

Oooooeeeeehhhh... bad bad bad :shock: So sorry to hear about your experience with the other audie Jenny!! Wow, I can't believe you're so calm about it.

I saw my audie on Saturday. I was quite positive, because my brain etc responded very well to the Naidas over the week, and even though my voice sounded like ol'dear Donald duck, I managed to get used to it and it didn't bother me that much anymore.

So she changed the nasal-hollow-voice thingy and yay... sounding good again! :D She changed some other stuffy-thingies, not sure what, but I was very happy with the new settings etc.

Back at home, I wasn't that sure anymore. :roll: Happy or not?? No opinion. Ive smsed my audie because it felt like the zoom isn't that efficient anymore, she told me to remember that the brain has to adapt and has to form new memory-lines in order to interpret the new sounds. arrrrghh.. I know it already, but it's not easy. So I rather went to bed early, because I was upset.

Today I've feeling a lot better. She smsed me again today, asking how I am feeling today. Wow.... isn't she supportive?!?!? :eek3: But she was right, I was feeling better, and I cancelled the impulsive Monday-appointment I made with her the previous night. Hiehie... :giggle:

My audie also prefer sms / email contact. I'm sorry to hear about your audie's slow responses Meghan. Maybe you should ask him for his cell-number, so that you can sms him?

Spoke to my parents today, my mom is very glad about the feedback issue that's solved. It irretated her. They asked me a lot of questions about the cost, how am I going to afford it etc etc... I'm getting the idea that they secretly are planning to help me out with a few rand. Will see.

Anyway, I thought about starting a blog too. My friends are tired of my moaning. :P But I guess talking and typing helps a lot!!

Good eve!! :)

I noticed the bit about slow resposes from your Audie....I suspect it's because they are "old hat" and do not religiously look at emails like we do...I for one, go as far as have it forward to my PDA phone, so I will never be too far behind...

CDMeggers,

Did you have a remote that made the adjustments to your Naidas? How much is adjusted?

I'm still in the process of getting used to my Naida V UP aids, so will be having another setup this coming Friday....the Phonak Rep will be there too, so I will have a ton of questions to ask. If you have some questions too add here, I can be sure to ask those questions and post it back here after the appointment this Friday..since I am a technology-oriented "geek", I plan to be wired for bear!! I currently am hooked to my Smartlink SX, which is hooked to a bluetooth receiver on my computer. I can hear music loud and clear, though I really need to ask the Phonak rep what can be done to keep the music from drowning the singer's voice...

I also have a Smartlink SX FM..how do u know if u have bluetooth on ur comp..i have a brand new HP Laptop..do u think i can use my fm with my comp?? I've used it on the phone the bluetooth and the smartlink..its just a pain in the ass sometimes to set up b4 going in the car..

Every computer is different, I didn't have it, so I bought a bluetooth receiver to make it compatible, here's mine:

IOGEAR - GBU321 - Enhanced Data Rate Wireless USB Adapter

if you give me your make and model # of you laptop/desktop, I can find out. otherwise you will have to go to the manufacturer's website and type in your model # or tag #, depending on the make of your computer. Mine's a Dell Inspiron 1720, it has the capability to have bluetooth, but I didn't purchase that addition.

You can get a bluetooth adapter pretty cheap, here's a favorite spot I go to, plus the bluetooth adapter area:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Hopefully you have bluetooth, but if not, not too much expense to buy one. Also the advantage of having a bluetooth adapter, you can move it to another computer when you upgrade down the road....

Also, you can also use the audio jack on your laptop to connect to only the FM without using the Bluetooth, the advatage of bluetooth is the wireless connectivity all around

BTW, I have already said this in another thread, but does anybody have any configuration issues with their Naida V UP aids that I could address when meeting with the Phonak rep this coming Friday?

Also regarding the Smartlink SX, does anybody have issues where they can't hear their voice when speaking to another person when connected to the cell phone via Smartlink? I know they can hear me, but I can't hear my voice, so I can't tell if I'm speaking too loud or not...I'm hoping there's a way to adjust a setting so I can finally hear my voice there...

ljjehl,

What about an FM+Mic program instead of FM only? That way you could hear your own voice!

I wanted to listen to music tonight but I couldn't. Stupid left hearing aid not having programs....10 more days....10...more...days...

ljjehl,

What about an FM+Mic program instead of FM only? That way you could hear your own voice!

I will try this out...I think I simply have my system misconfigured...I can barely make out the beeps on my aids; on the FM+mic part, the audie configured it in the 4 beep part of the program, it seems to sound like 1 beep, then several fast beeps(I think)

I wanted to listen to music tonight but I couldn't. Stupid left hearing aid not having programs....10 more days....10...more...days...

So you don't have a FM system to help you listen to music? I'm having a renewed interest in music, thanks to my new SmartLink SX system. I'm currently jumping on Yahoo music and listening to videos...awesome sound! I know it'll get better when I finally get the music part configured as a program on my aids...

So you don't have a FM system to help you listen to music? I'm having a renewed interest in music, thanks to my new SmartLink SX system. I'm currently jumping on Yahoo music and listening to videos...awesome sound! I know it'll get better when I finally get the music part configured as a program on my aids...

I have an FM system and I have ear hooks! But a stupid audi messed up my left aid while my audi is on vacation...so I don't have any programs on it and therefore can't use my FM or Ear Hooks. My audi is back in 10 days. I am counting. I have been counting since she left!

LOL....I hate that.....it makes you want to have your own equipment to adjust your own aids....That's one of the questions I'm going to ask my Phonak rep, because the iCube NaÃ*da Phonak - iCube can wirelessly control the iPFG fitting software without traditional equipment, just your own computer. If only I can get my hands on a copy of the Phonak iPFG CD/DVD :naughty:

ljjehl,

I tried out your suggestion. It does work!! The only problem, I think, is the background noise might interfere and I might have some noise discrimination issues. That will be another item I will address with my Phonak rep this Friday. Thanks!!

OH! so apparently my audie is out of the office this week... but what about LAST week? psh. I got on i711 relay and called the front office, and left them my mom's number so the audie's assistant can call her and then mom can tell me if the earmold and/or replacement hearing aid has arrived. I'm going out of town next Wednesday, can we get a move on PLEASE?!

Back