Phonak Naida

oh hay! someone read my blog, then messaged me on facebook saying she's getting Naidas on Saturday. She's currently has a supero, and gave up wearing a hearing aid in her left ear several years ago... haha we're twins! That's pretty cool.

haha that is very cool!

I have a friend like that, same sort of story as mine. Days spent oral deaf with hearing aids, Deaf by night. It's good stuff haha. She is trying Naidas too.

that's pretty awesome! gets me excited just to talk to them and see how they're liking the new hearing aids and all. :)

I am going tomorrow for some adjustments. Going to fix my FM only program so that it works, and drop down the bass. I don't know what else she is going to do. It will be a short appointment. She is kind of squeezing me in before she goes away for two weeks. I am pretty sure that I will go back when she is back and finish up any other adjustments.

I am not able to catch up your several posts. I did read some of your posts. Is it for CI or a hearing aid? Can you please show me the website's link of your model? I'm glad that you are happy with your new one.

Survey
there is a feedback survey on the site about the naida..wonder if ur problems are happening to alot of ppl and they want feedback on the naida

Survey
there is a feedback survey on the site about the naida..wonder if ur problems are happening to alot of ppl and they want feedback on the naida

Yes, there have been many problems with the Naida for many people. They are trying to get it resolved now. Once it is resolved I will be getting two new aids. Until then I will live with the turning on and off. We are going to replace my right aid again. If a new one isn't there tomorrow I will get it in about two weeks. It isn't that big of a deal but it is annoying!

I have a friend trying them right now and the same thing happens to her sometimes too, the off/on thing. We were together the other day and although we only sign together we were still wearing out aids. All of the stopping to fix our aids was hilarious. We would be walking, suddenly stop, turn the aid off and turn it back on again every few minutes between the two of us. Eventually we gave up and decided that the environmental awareness just wasn't worth it at that time.

my audie has already requested for a replacement hearing aid. audie assistant put the hearing aid in a drying machine and completely dried it out. Now it's feedbacking constantly! quiet, but noticeable and annoying. rrrrrr. I mess with the earmold, but it doesn't help much. Behind the ear it feedbacks more. Hanging in front of my ear it still feedbacks, but not as much. Right now I'm at work and have the HA off, I'm sick of listening to the quiet feedbacks.

Also decided that I'm never going to use the new remote. I'm going to see if I can return it (none of my new stuff has been paid for yet), and get a Dry and Store kit instead to help with drying out the hearing aid every night. still no new earmold, Westone called audie with a question so he'll call back. I want my new mold! Maybe I should just go deaf this weekend, let my ear heal (it's a bit sore on the inside).

I recently got a new digital hearing aid, Intuis SP Dir from Siemens. I haven't worn hearing aids for a few years before getting a new pair of hearing aids a couple weeks ago. I went to the hearing clinic today and told them that I like it so far but I gave up the left hearing aid. Like you, I couldn't hear anything in my left ear despite what my hearing test said. I could hear pretty well with the right ear, might will need to make some changes later on once I get more used to it.

Now that I will get a refund for the left hearing aid, some of it will be deducted since I ordered a FM system. It's a FM system from Phonak, soon I will be able to listen to music and TV without any interferences.

Wheee.

the FM system is pretty handy to have. :)

SCORE! I can return the remote, and audie will get a Dry and Store for me. He even said I could just go back to the old hearing aid for the weekend if I wanted to. With all the feedbacking on the Naida right now... ugh, I think I will wear the Supero until the replacement Naida arrives.

the FM system is pretty handy to have. :)

SCORE! I can return the remote, and audie will get a Dry and Store for me. He even said I could just go back to the old hearing aid for the weekend if I wanted to. With all the feedbacking on the Naida right now... ugh, I think I will wear the Supero until the replacement Naida arrives.

Yeah, though I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't hear out of my left ear. Oh well, maybe something better will come along in a few years allowing me to hear out of both ears. Like nanotechnology, stem cells and more.

I did consider a cochlear implant before, but felt that it wouldn't suit me and I know the pros may outweigh the cons, but it's still something I am not comfortable with. For instance, MRI scans. You can only use certain types. That's enough to give me the cold feet.

I saw my audie again today. Got a new Naida for my right ear, and did some quick adjustments. We also talked about CI evaluations. She wanted me to go...I didn't want me to go. I finally convinced her to back off! There was some mis-communication because I had agreed to go. She knew I didn't want to but I had agreed to. Today once I started trying to make a deal with her regarding going to the appointment I think she realised how much I didn't want to go. She said it was fine if I didn't go.

Hopefully all is good with my aids for the next two weeks because my audie is on vacation.

I saw my audie again today. Got a new Naida for my right ear, and did some quick adjustments. We also talked about CI evaluations. She wanted me to go...I didn't want me to go. I finally convinced her to back off! There was some mis-communication because I had agreed to go. She knew I didn't want to but I had agreed to. Today once I started trying to make a deal with her regarding going to the appointment I think she realised how much I didn't want to go. She said it was fine if I didn't go.

Hopefully all is good with my aids for the next two weeks because my audie is on vacation.

If you don't want a cochlear implant, she should just back off. Period.

If you don't want a cochlear implant, she should just back off. Period.

I found out today that her main motivation behind wanting me to go was to talk to an audiologist with more experience dealing with a profound loss. I don't really have any questions or a need to discuss stuff with a different audiologist at this point and I am VERY turned off by the CI thing. She realises that now and has backed off.

I got to talking to my mom about the Naida hearing aid while we were having dinner at Red Lobster, and it's made me think... Right now, I haven't noticed any improvements with the Naida (being better than the Supero)... I guess, once I get the replacement Naida, I'll have the audie adjust it (he was going to get some advice from Phonak on the adjustments to fit my 'needs'), and give it a try for a few more weeks. And if it still doesn't prove to be any better than the Supero, even with further adjustments by the time the 90-day trial is up, thats it. I'm not going to spend money on a brand new hearing aid if it doesn't improve my understanding speech.

Sometimes new is not always better. Right now I'm still hoping with the new Naida replacement, things will improve, soundwise and all... but there is a possibility that it may not be the best thing. I'm going to mention this to my audie, just so he knows my feelings and thoughts. It is a damn cool looking hearing aid, but.... it needs to actually be of more benefit to me than the Supero, and right now I'm not getting those benefits.

I got to talking to my mom about the Naida hearing aid while we were having dinner at Red Lobster, and it's made me think... Right now, I haven't noticed any improvements with the Naida (being better than the Supero)... I guess, once I get the replacement Naida, I'll have the audie adjust it (he was going to get some advice from Phonak on the adjustments to fit my 'needs'), and give it a try for a few more weeks. And if it still doesn't prove to be any better than the Supero, even with further adjustments by the time the 90-day trial is up, thats it. I'm not going to spend money on a brand new hearing aid if it doesn't improve my understanding speech.

Sometimes new is not always better. Right now I'm still hoping with the new Naida replacement, things will improve, soundwise and all... but there is a possibility that it may not be the best thing. I'm going to mention this to my audie, just so he knows my feelings and thoughts. It is a damn cool looking hearing aid, but.... it needs to actually be of more benefit to me than the Supero, and right now I'm not getting those benefits.

THat is probably a good plan. If you aren't getting the benefits that you want/need there is no point in investing. Who knows, maybe in a year there will be a new hearing aid on the market that will help

Who knows. I'll give it a few more weeks before making my final decision. oy!

Back