Phonak Naida

The right aid turned itself off 4 times today. I noticed both aids were really quiet so I changed the batteries and right after that the stupid thing started turning itself off! I tried two other batteries, from different packages of batteries even - still did it. I emailed my audie, and Phonak. We shall see. I have a feeling she is going to order me another right aid. Again. This is starting to be ridiculous, and if nothing else annoying!

sometimes it's the water inside the plastic tube that was build up from sweat/hot weather/etc. Try using air duster or anything to blast it thru the tube. Do not blow it with your mouth - it's moisty and will get wet inside.

my Supero hearing aid did that to me often, turn off for no reason (when hair falls from behind ear, rubbing head on chair/etc., blah!). Been replaced once too, and even the replacement did the same thing. I haven't experienced it again with the Naida though, since I've started pulling my hair back again. But I have been putting the Naida into the Dry-Aid cannister from Westone to help with the moisture. Would like to get a better aid drying kit, so will have to check Harris Communications for something. I've been seeing some moisture in the hearing aid tube, not the earmold tube but the hard plastic hearing aid tube. meh. Maybe it is a moisture thing, I don't know.

my Supero hearing aid did that to me often, turn off for no reason (when hair falls from behind ear, rubbing head on chair/etc., blah!). Been replaced once too, and even the replacement did the same thing. I haven't experienced it again with the Naida though, since I've started pulling my hair back again. But I have been putting the Naida into the Dry-Aid cannister from Westone to help with the moisture. Would like to get a better aid drying kit, so will have to check Harris Communications for something. I've been seeing some moisture in the hearing aid tube, not the earmold tube but the hard plastic hearing aid tube. meh. Maybe it is a moisture thing, I don't know.

Dry-Aid cannister is utterly useless. Use "DRY and STORE". I have Global version. It works quite good. It disinfects and dries your hearing aids. Did you try clearing out your tubes - both "hook" and earmold?

The cannister helps a bit (and is cheapest, was all I could easily afford 5 years ago? 4?), but I do want something better. also have the earmold air dryer thing that blows air to dry out moisture. But it only helps for a short while, then moisture starts building up again. I've been trying different things.

The cannister helps a bit (and is cheapest, was all I could easily afford 5 years ago? 4?), but I do want something better. also have the earmold air dryer thing that blows air to dry out moisture. But it only helps for a short while, then moisture starts building up again. I've been trying different things.

yea me too. I used to have cannister. "You pay what you get." This Dry & Store thing is pretty good. I know it's bit pricey but it should be worth it for you, I hope cuz I had same problem as you with moisture issue. The process takes about 8 hours so it's overnight thing that you put it in while you sleep.

your avatar - is that how you wear it? if yes.... what is those..... thing on your HA? it looks like some kind of rubber skin.

that's the actual hearing aid, the design and all. Phonak even offers a cheetah spotted BTE for the Naida, along with several different color choices.

that's the actual hearing aid, the design and all. Phonak even offers a cheetah spotted BTE for the Naida, along with several different color choices.

oh haha. I prefer plain skin-color (not sure what color can I say.. tannish?).

I get bored with beige. My last one was brown. I wanted to do a different color for the Naida, and when I saw the zebra style, ooo! :)

Hey Meghan ... sorry you're having such issues with the Naida :(
I know this is a total long shot, but what brand of batteries are you using ??

Rayovac. It's what my audiologist uses. Of course, the Rayovacs I buy are the normal ones I get at Walmart (gray packaging). My audie has a more powerful Rayovac brand (black packaging).

When I got a response from Phonak, she asked me if I was using GenX batteries, and I have no idea what they are. Hrm. Waiting for another response from Phonak.

BTW - it has happened to me at least couple times in a month. Sometimes your HA, batteries, tubes, and etc are fine and cleared but you're not getting any sound. That means you got a water in your ear... usually from shower or swimming pool. I just realized this problem last year... grrrrrrrr.

While I was driving after shower, my HA just suddenly died on me and i was mad cuz I just sent it for repair twice... which took like a month or 2. I took it out and tried to figure out what was wrong with it. All of sudden, the water came gushing out of my ear (well not like a waterfall but a small amount of water). I was like what the heck and dried my ear out... put my HA back in... everything's working. pretty damn weird, huh?

Rayovac. It's what my audiologist uses. Of course, the Rayovacs I buy are the normal ones I get at Walmart (gray packaging). My audie has a more powerful Rayovac brand (black packaging).

When I got a response from Phonak, she asked me if I was using GenX batteries, and I have no idea what they are. Hrm. Waiting for another response from Phonak.

Here is what I have found...

I have been told that the GenX batteries are only required if you are using Quicksync. You wouldn't be using QuickSync because you only have one hearing aid. I am not using it either so neither of us need to be using the GenX batteriess.

Yesterday I got some Seimans batteries. Thus far, no problems. If the problem does persist I guess I will order the GenX batteries and see. No one seems to carry them so I would have to buy online.

ahahaha Phonak got back to me and apologized, saying Naida doesn't use GenX batteries. :D

Never had any problem with Rayovac batteries, so I always stick with it.

ahahaha Phonak got back to me and apologized, saying Naida doesn't use GenX batteries. :D

Never had any problem with Rayovac batteries, so I always stick with it.

Great to know that Phonak really knows their products :P

she's one of the consumers representative or something. I thought it was funny when I got that response back.

SCORE! I have my audie's email address now!

Saw him today, I told him what's been going on with the hearing aid and that sort of thing. He'll call phonak, even fax over what he's done to my hearing aid with the adjustments, and get some advice from them. And I'll just email him if something comes up. :)

SCORE! I have my audie's email address now!

Saw him today, I told him what's been going on with the hearing aid and that sort of thing. He'll call phonak, even fax over what he's done to my hearing aid with the adjustments, and get some advice from them. And I'll just email him if something comes up. :)

YAY! That's great!

Today my audi told me she will be seeing a Phonak rep on Monday and she is planning showing her my complaints and issues with the Naida. I have an appoinment with my audi on Tuesday so hopefully she will have some new ideas to try as far as adjustments go.

At first today, the hearing aid worked fine. But then slowly over time, the volume decreased on its own, then went quiet. I got rid of the moisture in the tube and hook, changed battery... turned it back on and immediately it decreased in volume then went quiet. What the heck? Right now I have the hearing aid in my dry aid cannister, and sent off an email to my audie about it. Wearing the old hearing aid and enjoying music once again :). Got to love hearing aid troubles.

Back