Pepsi's New Super Bowl Deaf Ad

did anyone notice my favourite part, the best myth that the commercial dispels...?? THE DEAF MAN IS DRIVING A CAR. i can't tell you how many people i've shocked when they discovered that i am licensed and fully capable of driving a flippin car. "deaf people can't drive, it's illegal" ASREFOIAHEROGIAHEG this commercial makes me happy for that one little reason, LOL.

Oh yes, I have heard it so many times. Been a while since someone asked me that question though. :)

[yt]ffrq6cUoE5A[/yt]

If this is a repost, kindly remove this post or merge it. either way works.

ROFL!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: I would have done the same.

And as for Richard, If he cannot take a joke then he doesn't know a joke. :crazy:

then again, there's a spelling error in the "commerical". normally i'm not picky about these kinds of things, but when it's going to be broadcast to millions of people...! it's hardly noticeable, but still, i hope they fix it.

Kim, just curious. Are you referring to "ya" instead of "you"? Or is there another spelling error I missed?

It's funny. I had to really look for it, because my ASL-only sister never types "you," always "ya."

Kim, just curious. Are you referring to "ya" instead of "you"? Or is there another spelling error I missed?

It's funny. I had to really look for it, because my ASL-only sister never types "you," always "ya."

I'm referring to "commerical" which should be spelt "commercial".

Edit: did anyone else check out the supplemental video clips that were posted on the third link?

Pepsi USA - Bob's House

there are a few of them: the Making of Bob's House, History of the Huddle, Hot Dog, Clam Chowder, and Perfect Season. just thought they were cute

Last edited:
Kim,

Good eye!! How would you like to edit my novel?? Yes, I hope they do find the typo and correct "commercial."

He's the saddest deaf guy in the whole wide world. :ugh3:

I wouldn't go that far, sure he likes attention, and he's playing the roll of Captain Obvious with his comments about the commercial. I think he knows it's a joke, if the guys in the commercial used their blackberries or sidekicks it'd be the most boring commercial ever.

Alexander Graham Bell organization, they are now speaking up against Pepsi over the commercial.

DeafDC Blog » AGBell Tackles Pepsico SuperBowl Commerical

How pathetic.

You chose the perfect word: "Pathetic!" Just shows everyone where AGBell's interest lies. How anyone can give this organiztion any credibility after this is beyond me. They should be forced to remove the word "Deaf" from their organization.

The comment that got me was the first one from John S. talking about a CI implanted 7 year old using her voice and CART. I want to meet the 7 year old, deaf or hearing, that reads well enough to follow conversation in print! Get a grip! That comment just perpetuates the stratification between oral and sign.

If A.G.Bell wants a commercial showing oral deaf, then let them contract for one. To complain that a commercial is being aired using sign is the most childish action ever. WTF. Do they think if deaf signers aren't shown on T.V., they can just pretend to everyone that they don't exist? This pissed me off!

You chose the perfect word: "Pathetic!" Just shows everyone where AGBell's interest lies. How anyone can give this organiztion any credibility after this is beyond me. They should be forced to remove the word "Deaf" from their organization.

The comment that got me was the first one from John S. talking about a CI implanted 7 year old using her voice and CART. I want to meet the 7 year old, deaf or hearing, that reads well enough to follow conversation in print! Get a grip! That comment just perpetuates the stratification between oral and sign.

If A.G.Bell wants a commercial showing oral deaf, then let them contract for one. To complain that a commercial is being aired using sign is the most childish action ever. WTF. Do they think if deaf signers aren't shown on T.V., they can just pretend to everyone that they don't exist? This pissed me off!

Not just that, the members of the group are pretty oblivious to the fact that AGB was one of the most powerful advocates of eugenics which inspired the Third Reich (Nazi) to start practicing eugenics leading to a massive genocide. It's quite amazing considering the fact that his mother and wife were deaf yet he was so opposed to sign language and advocated for the sterilization of deaf people.

AGB is not a man to look up. Period. Not with all the horrific experiments and advocating all sorts of laws making life hell for the deaf people.

Not just that, the members of the group are pretty oblivious to the fact that AGB was one of the most powerful advocates of eugenics which inspired the Third Reich (Nazi) to start practicing eugenics leading to a massive genocide. It's quite amazing considering the fact that his mother and wife were deaf yet he was so opposed to sign language and advocated for the sterilization of deaf people.

AGB is not a man to look up. Period. Not with all the horrific experiments and advocating all sorts of laws making life hell for the deaf people.

Perhaps, the group and Richard the other commerical hater needs a good kick in the butt for some reasons in regards of this excellent commerical that we all might have been waiting for ages, right?

I couldn't agree with you more. Alexander Graham Bell was a despicable man.

To add to my previous posting, why would they want to be a part of an organization named after a man who advocated laws allowing the states to practice eugenics among the deaf?

I just don't get it.

To add to my previous posting, why would they want to be a part of an organization named after a man who advocated laws allowing the states to practice eugenics among the deaf?

I just don't get it.

The only reason I can think of to associate with an organization named after a man who practiced soft eugenics (based on flawed gentic theory, I might add) is that they agree in principle with his belief that deaf people (and in particular, signing deaf) are inferior. Scary, isn't it?

Back