Pepsi's New Super Bowl Deaf Ad

Have u forgotten? We read braille. :giggle:

Just like blind people need hearing aids. Someone actually asked me that if u can believe that!

Sometimes we just have to poke fun at the ignorance of some people.

(Slapping self on forehead! ) I thought you SPOKE braille!

I was told that hearing people don't think this video is funny at all. Maybe they need to visit the deaf world to understand this joke. :cool:

Many deaf people don't get hearing jokes, either. We're fair. :cool:

Oh come one people.. this ad is from one of the oldest deafs jokes around..

It is suppose to be FUNNY and I think it is..I'm sure alot of people will find it funny and not take it as deaf people are rude. Sheesh.. I have seen other commercials with diversity in the super bowl ad. If anyone can remember the one with the black guy could not get in a bar to get a beer because the sign said (no pets) so he puts the dog on his head to make it look like he has dreadlocks on his head and got in... were people offended by that?? We should be proud that they allow A.S.L in the super bowl ad. From what I remember it is very, very expensive to put an ad in the commercial slot of the super bowl.
I agree.

Some people just can't be satisfied.

First, some deaf people complain that there aren't any deaf commercials. So, they make a deaf commercial. Now, deaf people complain that this deaf commercial is insulting and/or that it's not enough.

I'm happy that they made this commercial. :)

I have to agree with every single post in this thread! (Well, almost) and this commerical is fantastic.

Like Jolie_77, just said, it is similar to one of the famous joke, and finally, it has been displayed visually and I can see and agree with Jillio here, that the deaf community in the U.S within the Multimedia industry is going into exposure and every single deaf person in the states will love this commerical, and be proud of it. Congratulations to the company who decided to do this commerical in part of the deaf culture and all.

I'm happy to see that commerical and I would love to see one of the similarity around in Australia, fortunately. Perhaps in the furture, maybe?

But in the end, that is definitely a great commerical overall. Like the others, I believe that the hearing community would understand more with the visual commerical that relates to the deaf joke, well known in the whole deaf community, but not in the states. Well known deaf joke around the world.

WTG! :thumb:

EDIT: I'm hihgly impressed.

I agree.

Some people just can't be satisfied.

First, some deaf people complain that there aren't any deaf commercials. So, they make a deaf commercial. Now, deaf people complain that this deaf commercial is insulting and/or that it's not enough.

I'm happy that they made this commercial. :)

I agree and it is ironic in its own sense. We've seen commercials that are based on diversity, race, gender, ethnicity, so and on. All those groups had their own taste on a commercial and yet they're still going on to say it isn't good enough. WTF?

It seems as if nothing is ever good enough at all. At least we should be happy and settle for the best than going around to say it's lame or whatever it is.

Yes and I found out that Keith Wann will also do some Commercial
Or If you want to see the Preview of the PepsiCo the link is on Keith Wann's Page on Myspace. And I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT.

Mod Note:

All threads related to the new Pepsi Super Bowl Deaf Add have been merged... :thumb:

did anyone notice my favourite part, the best myth that the commercial dispels...?? THE DEAF MAN IS DRIVING A CAR. i can't tell you how many people i've shocked when they discovered that i am licensed and fully capable of driving a flippin car. "deaf people can't drive, it's illegal" ASREFOIAHEROGIAHEG this commercial makes me happy for that one little reason, LOL.

apart from that, i'm THRILLED at the amount of exposure this commercial will have.

then again, there's a spelling error in the "commerical". normally i'm not picky about these kinds of things, but when it's going to be broadcast to millions of people...! it's hardly noticeable, but still, i hope they fix it.

lastly, im a Coke fanatic. but i think i'll go out and buy a pepsi just for the heck of it. the commercial made me do it! this'll have to be the first time in my life that i've submitted to Deaf Propaganda!!!

Yes and I found out that Keith Wann will also do some Commercial
Or If you want to see the Preview of the PepsiCo the link is on Keith Wann's Page on Myspace. And I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT.

Yep, saw them. They're funny apart of being against with their own super bowl football teams. ;)

Back