Pepsi's New Super Bowl Deaf Ad

The passenger was at my old school but I never knew him! Maybe at the reunion in the future, probably will get a chance to meet him!

yeaaaa it is cooooooooool to have deaf in the commercial!!!!!!!! :) It's funny though! :)

LOL funny, ASL and Pespi :rockon: uh-oh *hide from Jolie_77* :giggle:

I got an email this morning from a friend of mine about the Pepsi commerical pre-game Superbowl. Its soo funny loved it! I am happy to see an ASL commercial , I agree its about time :)

Thanks to PepsiCo for support the diversity.

I'm enjoy to watch this ads, great job.

I think this is great but there are a few small problems.

1) it may perpetuate the stereotype that deaf people are jerks.

2) the braille font under the word "enable" in the new pepsi logo will only perpetuate the belief that deaf people read braille. (I suppose getting asked of we read braille is just part of Deaf culture)

3) Will they have descriptive audio service for the blind on the SAP audio channel?? Sure they make a great point with the silence but blind people drink pepsi too.
It's just a commercial. They weren't trying to emphasize that deaf people are jerks. They were probably making a commercial out of an old deaf joke from years ago... remember the deaf couple at a hotel? As for braille, that's just another part of their effort to work with handicapped people. Just because they made this commercial doesn't mean that it has to be for blind people as well.

That's funny, but in that situation would make hearing people to think that deaf people don't care about the loud noise, because they never experienced to hear it. That's weak.

I read about this in the Business section of the Globe.....I was so excited!!! How cool and innovative?

Oh come one people.. this ad is from one of the oldest deafs jokes around..

It is suppose to be FUNNY and I think it is..I'm sure alot of people will find it funny and not take it as deaf people are rude. Sheesh.. I have seen other commercials with diversity in the super bowl ad. If anyone can remember the one with the black guy could not get in a bar to get a beer because the sign said (no pets) so he puts the dog on his head to make it look like he has dreadlocks on his head and got in... were people offended by that?? We should be proud that they allow A.S.L in the super bowl ad. From what I remember it is very, very expensive to put an ad in the commercial slot of the super bowl.

LOL funny, ASL and Pespi :rockon: uh-oh *hide from Jolie_77* :giggle:

:squint:

That is a hilarious commercial, very funny!

On a serious note, I am proud to see this is happening. Everything in that commercial is related to the deaf culture.

This commercial also reminds me of a well known joke in the deaf community where the husband would be looking for his motel room upon his return from the store and had forgotten where it was at. In the end, he honked his horn. All rooms had their lights on except for one room. So he knew it was his room because of course, his wife is deaf as well. (Although. I'm sure there are some other similar jokes to this.)

It is a perfect chance to expose ASL to the next level and it will be shown to millions of people who are watching the TV during SuperBowl. How often do we get to expose it at ONCE and to millions? Not often.

Even though, I'm a Coke Fan and always have been one, lol - I gotta commend this to Pepsi for their outstanding commercial and the commercial is down right to the deaf community. :)

Yayaya I love Pepsi...whoo hoo hahaha...would be great to see that commerical. I wonder what my brother do if he hears no silence for 60 seconds, my best bet he will check if it was mute :giggle:

I was told that hearing people don't think this video is funny at all. Maybe they need to visit the deaf world to understand this joke. :cool:

Oh come one people.. this ad is from one of the oldest deafs jokes around..

It is suppose to be FUNNY and I think it is..I'm sure alot of people will find it funny and not take it as deaf people are rude. Sheesh.. I have seen other commercials with diversity in the super bowl ad. If anyone can remember the one with the black guy could not get in a bar to get a beer because the sign said (no pets) so he puts the dog on his head to make it look like he has dreadlocks on his head and got in... were people offended by that?? We should be proud that they allow A.S.L in the super bowl ad. From what I remember it is very, very expensive to put an ad in the commercial slot of the super bowl.

Agreed. And the exposure this commercial will recieve during the SuperBowl is huge! There will be many, many people who have never had exposure to ASL or deafness that will see it. That is a good thing.

I showed the video to a hearing friend this morning. Without coaching, she started laughing when one guy signed "You think?" She asked to see it again, giggling all the way through, but especially when the boys were repeating "thought knew you" and when Bob signed "sorry" to the neighbor lady.

She'd never heard the old, old joke before, and her comment was "Clever!"

Of course some audists will take offense. Who cares?

I was told that hearing people don't think this video is funny at all. Maybe they need to visit the deaf world to understand this joke. :cool:

Sometimes some hearing people need to take a chill pill and just enjoy it.

I think this commercial is great!

It is the "talk" at my work. :)

I showed the video to a hearing friend this morning. Without coaching, she started laughing when one guy signed "You think?" She asked to see it again, giggling all the way through, but especially when the boys were repeating "thought knew you" and when Bob signed "sorry" to the neighbor lady.

She'd never heard the old, old joke before, and her comment was "Clever!"

Of course some audists will take offense. Who cares?

Audists take offense at everything. Nothing new there!:giggle:

OMG I love this ad! I love how it makes it like a silent film and yet its entertaining, I will email this to one of my hearing friends and see what he thinks about it. I love the ad and I watched twice before closing it out.

I think this is great but there are a few small problems.

1) it may perpetuate the stereotype that deaf people are jerks.

2) the braille font under the word "enable" in the new pepsi logo will only perpetuate the belief that deaf people read braille. (I suppose getting asked of we read braille is just part of Deaf culture)

3) Will they have descriptive audio service for the blind on the SAP audio channel?? Sure they make a great point with the silence but blind people drink pepsi too.

Have u forgotten? We read braille. :giggle:

Just like blind people need hearing aids. Someone actually asked me that if u can believe that!

Sometimes we just have to poke fun at the ignorance of some people.

Back