Passenger caught on camera attacking Uber driver arrested, fired

Being burned or otherwise hurt by machinery... Do not know much of ups but heavy boxes can hurt your back as well as repetitive motions... Slip and fall is a a risk for every job, Starbucks you can get robed at as well... I did not say they all feared their job... I just said they all have risks... The ones listed are just the few... I look at every job and analyze the risks of each... Hazard of my childhood, life, and education...
Talking about work-related injury/illness, I understand that but we don't consider them a risky job.

For example, if you apply for a police job, you expect it to be a risky job, right? And if you apply for a job at USPS, you expect it to be a risky job as well?

LMAO, are you saying that people who apply for Starbucks job are not afraid of risks? Hell no, they apply for it because it's not risky. Have you applied for a job that you think may be risky for you? Name it and give a reason why.

To tell you the truth, all USPS employees including me don't feel fear at all because it's not a risky job.

I am board...

Ambulance driver - get in wreck
Bicycle messenger - hit by car
Cafe owner - get robed
Dentists - get bit
Ecologist catch a disease
Fry cook get burned
Golf player get hit with club
Horsemanship - get kicked
Igloo builder saw off foot
Jackhammer operator - arthritis of hand and arm joints
King assassination
Life coach - attracts serial killer
Mother - dying giving birth
Nurse - catch contagious decease
Operator - death by heavy machine
Priest - killed by bandits in 3rd world nation
Queen assassination
Rich person- kidnap for randsom
Statemen- killed by angry mob
Taxi drive - assaulted by drunk
Union workers union goes on strike gets depressed when loses everything and commits suicide
Veterinarian - trampled by elephant
Welfare worker - killed by angry father
X-ray tech - get cancer
Youth risk councilor - killed by angry teen
Zoologist - eaten by tiger

I am board...

Ambulance driver - get in wreck
Bicycle messenger - hit by car
Cafe owner - get robed
Dentists - get bit
Ecologist catch a disease
Fry cook get burned
Golf player get hit with club
Horsemanship - get kicked
Igloo builder saw off foot
Jackhammer operator - arthritis of hand and arm joints
King assassination
Life coach - attracts serial killer
Mother - dying giving birth
Nurse - catch contagious decease
Operator - death by heavy machine
Priest - killed by bandits in 3rd world nation
Queen assassination
Rich person- kidnap for randsom
Statemen- killed by angry mob
Taxi drive - assaulted by drunk
Union workers union goes on strike gets depressed when loses everything and commits suicide
Veterinarian - trampled by elephant
Welfare worker - killed by angry father
X-ray tech - get cancer
Youth risk councilor - killed by angry teen
Zoologist - eaten by tiger
Oh, that's why you think every job is risky. Anyway, it's called an incident. It's not a risky job.

Danger. You see, if people think it's risky, why do they apply for it?

Do you know about earthquake in California?

Every places have risk, you know about what I means.

Do you know about earthquake in California?

Every places have risk, you know about what I means.
WTF? You feel safer and I don't because I am in California? SMH! However I know what you mean. Anything bad can happen and it's called an incident. Not a risk.

WTF? You feel safer and I don't because I am in California? SMH! However I know what you mean. Anything bad can happen and it's called an incident. Not a risk.

No... no... no... that's not what I means.

There is no such as incident. Everything has own risk - it doesn't means you will die or hurt or victim. Let think about probability - let play with dices.

Alabama is no more safer than California - we have tornadoes, hurricanes and flooding. The earthquake is rare but still happen anytime.

No... no... no... that's not what I means.

There is no such as incident. Everything has own risk - it doesn't means you will die or hurt or victim. Let think about probability - let play with dices.

Alabama is no more safer than California - we have tornadoes, hurricanes and flooding. The earthquake is rare but still happen anytime.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/incident

Let me ask you, when you go to a restaurant like Denny's, do you feel risky to be there?

They are not same when used in sentence term.

Risk - possibility of loss, injury, disease, or death

Risky - involving the possibility of something bad or unpleasant happening

Source: Merriam Webster

It is just like doctor saying that eye surgery is high risk for complication, it don't means you will always suffer from complication.

The risk term is used in all matter of life, accept it.

Oh, you can't handle my criticism. MOST jobs have risk? SMH Is it risky to work at McDonald's? Is it risky to work at USPS? Is it risky to work at Starbucks? And so forth...LMAO

Only law enforcement and firemen/women have risky jobs. Taxi drivers may have risky jobs if there are no barriers in the cabs. That's why he quit.

all jobs have risk.

some jobs are less riskier than others...

Danger. You see, if people think it's risky, why do they apply for it?
money. the riskier job is... the more money you get. that's why truck drivers in America went to Iraq for big pay. Truck drivers make on the average $45,000 - 50,000 a year. In Iraq.. they can make up to $250,000 a year.

For example, if a McDonald job is risky, should or shouldn't I apply for it?
working at 7-11 on night shift is pretty risky. high chance of robbery or assault.

Talking about work-related injury/illness, I understand that but we don't consider them a risky job.

For example, if you apply for a police job, you expect it to be a risky job, right? And if you apply for a job at USPS, you expect it to be a risky job as well?

we? I think it's just only you and everybody is trying to correct you.

USPS has OSHA policy - https://about.usps.com/manuals/elm/html/elmc8_001.htm

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=25257
ANDOVER, Mass. – The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited the U.S. Postal Service for a serious safety violation in connection with the heat-related death of a letter carrier from the Forest Street post office in Medford.

"Heat stress illnesses and fatalities can be prevented with knowledge. Knowing how to recognize and respond to symptoms can save a life," said Jeffrey Erskine, OSHA's area director for Middlesex and Essex counties in Massachusetts. "In this case, the Postal Service had such information, but failed to communicate it to letter carriers, so they could protect themselves. Had this been done, this tragedy could have been prevented."

James Baldassarre collapsed on July 5 after walking his route for about five hours in 94-degree heat with a heat index in excess of 100 degrees. He carried a mail bag weighing up to 35 pounds. The area was under a heat advisory from the National Weather Service. Baldassarre died the next day as a result of heat stroke.

OSHA's investigation found that the Postal Service exposed workers to the recognized hazard of working in excessive heat by failing to implement an adequate heat stress management program that would have addressed and informed mail carriers of how to identify, prevent and report symptoms of heat-related illnesses.

The citation includes suggested feasible means to address the hazard including adequately implementing a heat stress management program tailored to the particulars of the work performed by mail carriers. An effective program would contain measures to address the recognized hazard of exposure to excessive heat and it would train workers to recognize, prevent, respond to and report heat-related illnesses.

The citation, which carries a proposed fine of $7,000, the maximum fine that can be assessed for a serious violation, can be viewed at http://www.osha.gov/ooc/citations/USPS917092.pdf*. A serious violation occurs when there is substantial probability that death or serious physical harm could result from a hazard about which the employer knew or should have known.

Information about OSHA's campaign to prevent heat-related illnesses among outdoor workers can be viewed at http://www.osha.gov/heat. OSHA also has a free application for mobile devices that enables workers and supervisors to monitor the heat index at their work sites. It is available for download on Android-based platforms and the iPhone at http://www.osha.gov/heatapp.

The Postal Service has 15 business days from receipt of the citations and penalties to comply, request an informal conference with OSHA's area director, or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission. To ask questions, obtain compliance assistance, file a complaint, or report workplace hospitalizations, fatalities or situations posing imminent danger to workers, the public should call OSHA's toll-free hotline at 800-321-OSHA (6742) or the agency's Andover office at 978-837-4460.

Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, employers are responsible for providing safe and healthful workplaces for their employees. OSHA's role is to ensure these conditions for America's working men and women by setting and enforcing standards, and providing training, education and assistance. For more information, visit http://www.osha.gov.

oh my! sounds like USPS is a pretty dangerous job to work at during summer!

https://www.osha.gov/dep/fap/statistics/fedrprgrms_stats14_final.html
oh my! 43,372 OSHA cases last year and 10 employees died. yike!

ironically.... Centers for Disease Control has 0 death and it's a safest place to work at :lol:

money. the riskier job is... the more money you get. that's why truck drivers in America went to Iraq for big pay. Truck drivers make on the average $45,000 - 50,000 a year. In Iraq.. they can make up to $250,000 a year.

working at 7-11 on night shift is pretty risky. high chance of robbery or assault.
The police job is risky. How much do they make?

we? I think it's just only you and everybody is trying to correct you.

USPS has OSHA policy - https://about.usps.com/manuals/elm/html/elmc8_001.htm

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=25257

oh my! sounds like USPS is a pretty dangerous job to work at during summer!

https://www.osha.gov/dep/fap/statistics/fedrprgrms_stats14_final.html
oh my! 43,372 OSHA cases last year and 10 employees died. yike!

ironically.... Centers for Disease Control has 0 death and it's a safest place to work at :lol:
"We" mean USPS employees, alright?

Anyway, 10 USPS employees died. How? Heart attack?

What about use police cars to transport drunk passengers?

Police officers are well geared with taser and pepper spray so they would take to jail. :lol:

Cops have far better things to do, thenbe a cab service for drunk dickheads...

While.they deal with them as needed, its certainly not ehat most cops would rather be doing....

Cops have far better things to do, thenbe a cab service for drunk dickheads...

While.they deal with them as needed, its certainly not ehat most cops would rather be doing....

um.... they would.

I have no idea why people always say "far better things to do"...... um..... like what?

Back