Passenger caught on camera attacking Uber driver arrested, fired

Then I guess this is the risk Uber drivers have to take using their personal vehicles to give strange people a ride. Some one could drunk and vomit all over the back seat . I would be concerned about how my face is going look than my car . It's easier to fix a car than a broken face and less painful too.

mind you - it's very easy to identify the Uber riders since they have to register their Uber accounts with credit card.

a bad Uber rider will only get banned from the service. that's all. it's tied with their phone number.

eh - only in big city where this kind of thing happens all the time.

beside.... many private cabs and town cars don't have barriers either.

None of cabs in DC have barriers.

No one likes to drive drunk passengers but on the other hand, if we don't want drunk drivers on the road we need to have alternative means of getting them home from the bar.

What about use police cars to transport drunk passengers?

Police officers are well geared with taser and pepper spray so they would take to jail. :lol:

simple - the uber driver can refuse to give ride to anyone they don't like once they arrive. and as for vomit in the backseat... Uber company will compensate the driver to have it professionally cleaned and will cover any damage.

several of my friends are deaf Uber drivers in NYC and San Francisco. I had a convo with them yesterday about it.
yep.

There is also a rating system through Uber for both drivers AND riders... so a driver can check to see if there are any bad reviews/info about potential rider(s) and refuse to accept that assignment based on that.

Some taxis, and even Uber have cameras for the driver's safety. Drunk people is not the driver's only concern... robbery is another thing.

one more thing - if this happened in NYC.. the driver would probably be charged with illegal possession of pepper spray. beside.... no store in NYC sells pepper spray.

sad...

one more thing - if this happened in NYC.. the driver would probably be charged with illegal possession of pepper spray. beside.... no store in NYC sells pepper spray.

sad...
No guns, no pepper spray--what can they use for self defense?

yep.

There is also a rating system through Uber for both drivers AND riders... so a driver can check to see if there are any bad reviews/info about potential rider(s) and refuse to accept that assignment based on that.

There have been plenty of drivers and riders assaulted and harassed. Cameras and rating systems might prevent someone from doing something again but it doesn't stop them the first time. Otherwise this guy wouldn't have been assaulted.

There have been plenty of drivers and riders assaulted and harassed. Cameras and rating systems might prevent someone from doing something again but it doesn't stop them the first time. Otherwise this guy wouldn't have been assaulted.
point taken on that but the rating system can potentially stop something like it if they (driver or rider) are not treated fairly or are move verbally harassing.

If you are too drunk to give a direction so just hand the ID and taxi drivers will take care of it.

Make sure to have enough cash too.

Drinking is personal responsibility so you should know about stopping the drink before getting too drunk.

He says that the person in the video is not him but it is. It's who he is when he drinks. He says he's going to go to counseling and that's good but he's not going to change until he admits that the person in the video is him.

LOL...just watched a video at McD's...where this drunk guy was at the takeout window....dunno what he was saying to the cashier...but the cashier started beating the guy up thru the takeout window....even tried to pull him inside the window.....LOL...they were slugging it out pretty bad.....

Guessing he didn't get his "Fries with that"!....

NYPD :roll:
That's funny--I didn't see them helping the driver in the Uber video. :hmm:

When seconds count, the NYPD (or any PD) show up in minutes.

(I'm not slamming the NYPD; it's just a fact of life for anyone--even the best responders can't always get there on time.)

That's funny--I didn't see them helping the driver in the Uber video. :hmm:

When seconds count, the NYPD (or any PD) show up in minutes.

(I'm not slamming the NYPD; it's just a fact of life for anyone--even the best responders can't always get there on time.)

or sheriff show up in hour.

The sheriff take ridiculously long time to response.

Back