Parents may not understand or recall risks associated with children's surgery

There is a test that is done to check for rectal cancer. It is performed on both men and women, and is not a paps smear.

Not rectal cancer, anal cancer. Just like cervical cancer, anal cancer would be caused by HPV.

WAY off topic now, sorry!

if in the case, that is a rare case for men who have some part of female in their body?

I have seen people work really hard, still one can say they choose the easy way. In those cases, one can say that the easy way it to use energy to avoid facing prejudices and the root of insecurity within oneself. Too often, the insecurity is too huge and the prejudices too deep burried. This gives some parents a hard time to accept the difference in beeing deaf, and they will also fail to understand how deaf people can enjoy beeing different.

To those parents, the term "easy way", as used by deaf people, becomes meaningless and not possible to gasp.

Ahhh...my point exactly.:P

Not rectal cancer, anal cancer. Just like cervical cancer, anal cancer would be caused by HPV.

WAY off topic now, sorry!

Well, again a misnomer. Anal cancer screening is not the same as a paps smear. In order to equate, you would have to equate a test that is done by entering the penis through the eurethrea. But yes, we are off topic and I beleive my point of what is good for the majority is not necessarily good for the minority.

No. It would be a screening for those at risk of contracting HPV through sexual contact. It has nothing to do with having female anatomy.

Not necessarily. Anal cancer equally affects men and women, and is not always the result of sexual contact.

As what happens often with a certain poster, Jillio, she ignores what I wrote, distorts and misrepresents it to fit her agenda and then off to the races we go.

Here is what I wrote about southfella's post:

"faire jour and other parents considering and/or who have children with cochlear implants:

Do not waste your time and energy on people like southfella for there is nothing you can say or no example of the tens of thousands of children who benefit daily from their cochlear implant that will have any effect upon people like him..."

Very simple advice to faire jour and other parents of cochlear implanted children. Don't waste your time responding to such posts as these people will never change, no matter how many examples of cochlear implants benefiting a child's life you present to them.

Of course Jillio then morphs it into her favorite distortion -- that I am saying not to value the opinions of those who are deaf. However if you read my entire post you will see that I clearly state the exact opposite and urge parents to seek out the opinions of those who are deaf when considering the cochlear implant. And of course she goes on to add her favorite that I insult the entire deaf community, although I have asked her to cite one such post she never does.

She is precisely the reason why I and others have stopped posting here as she constantly attacks parents of successfully implanted children. Her cochlear envy is really showing!

Parents do not waste your time arguing with these people, focus your time and energy into your cochlear implant decision and your child. Seek out as many diverse opinions as you can and then be guided by your own common sense as to which opinions are credible and which are not.

There are tens of thousands of implanted children, some now in their 20s who are the best evidence of what impact a cochlear implant can have upon a person's life. Seek these people out and listen to their stories.

Rick

Certain parents only show up on threads to argue about what they perceive to be their victim status as parents who have chosen CI. It's very clear that these people are not interested in the deaf community as a whole.

As what happens often with a certain poster, Jillio, she ignores what I wrote, distorts and misrepresents it to fit her agenda and then off to the races we go.

Here is what I wrote about southfella's post:

"faire jour and other parents considering and/or who have children with cochlear implants:

Do not waste your time and energy on people like southfella for there is nothing you can say or no example of the tens of thousands of children who benefit daily from their cochlear implant that will have any effect upon people like him..."

Very simple advice to faire jour and other parents of cochlear implanted children. Don't waste your time responding to such posts as these people will never change, no matter how many examples of cochlear implants benefiting a child's life you present to them.

Of course Jillio then morphs it into her favorite distortion -- that I am saying not to value the opinions of those who are deaf. However if you read my entire post you will see that I clearly state the exact opposite and urge parents to seek out the opinions of those who are deaf when considering the cochlear implant. And of course she goes on to add her favorite that I insult the entire deaf community, although I have asked her to cite one such post she never does.

She is precisely the reason why I and others have stopped posting here as she constantly attacks parents of successfully implanted children. Her cochlear envy is really showing!

Parents do not waste your time arguing with these people, focus your time and energy into your cochlear implant decision and your child. Seek out as many diverse opinions as you can and then be guided by your own common sense as to which opinions are credible and which are not.

There are tens of thousands of implanted children, some now in their 20s who are the best evidence of what impact a cochlear implant can have upon a person's life. Seek these people out and listen to their stories.

Rick

"Beware of Sham Wow immitators" indeed.

She read your post correctly. If you did not means it in such manner, maybe you should pick up a dictionary and select better words?

Certain parents only show up on threads to argue about what they perceive to be their victim status as parents who have chosen CI. It's very clear that these people are not interested in the deaf community as a whole.

Where is that happening?

Bingo. It has been pointed out time and time again.:lol:

"Beware of Sham Wow immitators" indeed.

She read your post correctly. If you did not means it in such manner, maybe you should pick up a dictionary and select better words?

Thank you. The intent of the post was glaringly obvious. Another attempt by an audist to get the message that "I, as a hearing individual, know what is best for the deaf." across. Shameful, really.

Thank you. The intent of the post was glaringly obvious. Another attempt by an audist to get the message that "I, as a hearing individual, know what is best for the deaf." across. Shameful, really.

It's either one of the two... you either means what you say, or your mastery of the language is poor enough for someone else to twist it or misunderstand it.

I don't see any twisting... so it's either "means what you say" or "misunderstood due to poor word choices"

It's either one of the two... you either means what you say, or your mastery of the language is poor enough for someone else to twist it or misunderstand it.

I don't see any twisting... so it's either "means what you say" or "misunderstood due to poor word choices"

:smash: **souggy hitting the nail on the head!**:giggle:

Back