Palin--2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have a different take on it. I think she knows exactly what she wants, but doesn't want to appear too ambitious at the moment.

I think it's too premature for anyone to start talking about 2012. We should focus on what happens in the next four years. That's where it's at! Who gives a flip who is going to run in 2012.
Maya 2012 will have huge events? how do you know about maya stuffs?? I aint gonna buy that..

Remember that Spaniards of spain who came to mexico, maya, south america to invaded & destoryed all civilizations of south (mexico) and south america, period.

better stay on creator of thread's hot topic! ;)

right, I wouldn't accept that. Because, Hilary gave up herself.
I don't think so, Hilary want try do it again.
Yeah right on! because she is drowsy into heavy debit right now since she lent million dollars from bank to use money for her campaign running presidential before she reigned.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - STOP TALKING ABOUT 2012 AND PALIN. OBAMA is our next President of United States starting in January 2009.

just IMO....
I agree.

I guess it wasn't enough for some people that Obama won this election.

Maya 2012 will have huge events? how do you know about maya stuffs?? I aint gonna buy that....
I agree.

If the Mayans were so advanced, how did they let the Spaniards defeat them?

Biden not giving press conferences is no different than Palin's campaign advisors shielding her from the press. If I remember correctly, the *only* interviews Palin did were those for Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson and Sean Hannity. Three interviews during the entire 3 month period she served as our Vice-Presidential candidate.
The McCain campaign did a horrible job handling her at the beginning. Nobody's disputing that. But somewhere in October, she became much more accessible to the media than any of the other candidates. Palin Becomes Increasingly Accessible To The National Media - From The Road

If you want proof that Palin said New Hampshire was in the "Great Northwest," do a search on YouTube and I have no doubt you'll find the evidence. (Otherwise if you like, I would be happy to do this for you.) Barack Obama is Harvard educated (being one of the first -- if not the first -- African-Americans to attend Harvard) while Sarah Palin attended 5 different colleges. As for Sarah, she doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
To clarify what I said, I know that Palin made that gaffe. All of the candidates made similar gaffes. The fact that she made that gaffe doesn't mean she's stupid enough to not understand that Africa is a continent. I mean, Obama was smart enough to go to Harvard and he still made his gaffe about visiting 57 states. That doesn't mean he's stupid.

The fact that such rumors exist is no surprise. There have been a lot of false rumors about her. Also, this was predicted in October (Palin allies report rising camp tension - Ben Smith - Politico.com) when an insider said "These people are going to try and shred her after the campaign to divert blame from themselves." I think it's reasonable to determine there is too little evidence to believe this.

Outlandish to you only because you are a Palin supporter.
Regardless of my support for Palin, I cannot trust the media's portrayal of Palin as a dumb bimbo. If she really is that dumb, they are not the ones to convince me. They have very little credibility with me any more, given the horrible shoddy reporting they've done on her. They could make Einstein look like a moron if they wanted to.

Palin was worried about getting bored or not having a lot to work on? That just goes to show how little she actually knows about the position of Vice-President. Vice-Presidents don't just sit on their a***s doing nothing all day -- not even Cheney. If Palin wants to run for the Vice-Presidency, it is her responsibility to know the duties of the office she is seeking election for.
I'm saying there's nothing in that quote that shows she doesn't know what the overall duties are. She was asking about what exactly the VP does everyday. The specifics. I can relate to this question. Before I started my first job as an electrical engineer, I knew what the overall duties of an engineer were. However, after I started, I learned that the everyday activities were much more mundane than I had expected. It's not a dumb question to ask "What exactly will I be doing everyday?" It's one I now ask in interviews.

"Bush's worldview" seems like a copout answer to me. Palin was asked to *define* the Bush doctrine. If she knew what it was, then she wouldn't have had to ask Gibson "which aspect?" Since the Bush doctrine represents Bush's view on foreign policy, why couldn't have Palin stated that instead of looking like a fool?
When I'm asked a vague question, I tend to ask for specifics. But let's leave it at this. Did she give the best answer? No. Does that mean she's dumb? No. I'd probably mess up some gotcha questions, too.

The McCain campaign did a horrible job handling her at the beginning. Nobody's disputing that. But somewhere in October, she became much more accessible to the media than any of the other candidates. Palin Becomes Increasingly Accessible To The National Media - From The Road

Funny how I never saw or heard any such reports in the media or on TV. Sounds like "The Road" is a Conservative-based website which tells me alot about your "objectivity" in discussing this.

To clarify what I said, I know that Palin made that gaffe. All of the candidates made similar gaffes. The fact that she made that gaffe doesn't mean she's stupid enough to not understand that Africa is a continent. I mean, Obama was smart enough to go to Harvard and he still made his gaffe about visiting 57 states. That doesn't mean he's stupid.

I disagree. The difference between Obama's gaffe about the U.S. having 57 states is the fact that it was a slip of the tongue and not based on his geographical knowledge. Big difference.

The fact that such rumors exist is no surprise. There have been a lot of false rumors about her. Also, this was predicted in October (Palin allies report rising camp tension - Ben Smith - Politico.com) when an insider said "These people are going to try and shred her after the campaign to divert blame from themselves." I think it's reasonable to determine there is too little evidence to believe this.

Spoken from a true Conservative. With that being the case, what else would you expect Conservatives to say about how the media treated Palin?

Regardless of my support for Palin, I cannot trust the media's portrayal of Palin as a dumb bimbo. If she really is that dumb, they are not the ones to convince me. They have very little credibility with me any more, given the horrible shoddy reporting they've done on her. They could make Einstein look like a moron if they wanted to.

"Horribly shoddy reporting?" In what way? Seems to me that the media's portrayal of Palin was 100% accurate -- especially in regards to *all* of their coverage focusing on the one-on-one interviews *Palin* did. The media didn't twist Palin's words around to make her look bad -- that was entirely Palin's doing.

I'm saying there's nothing in that quote that shows she doesn't know what the overall duties are. She was asking about what exactly the VP does everyday. The specifics. I can relate to this question. Before I started my first job as an electrical engineer, I knew what the overall duties of an engineer were. However, after I started, I learned that the everyday activities were much more mundane than I had expected. It's not a dumb question to ask "What exactly will I be doing everyday?" It's one I now ask in interviews.

Okay, even if it's acceptable for Palin not to know the *exact* duties of the VP (which would be the viewpoint of most Conservatives who support her), wouldn't you expect at the very least that she would be able to express herself coherently so that others can understand her? Perhaps since she wasn't being clearly being understood, that left the door open for criticism.

When I'm asked a vague question, I tend to ask for specifics. But let's leave it at this. Did she give the best answer? No. Does that mean she's dumb? No. I'd probably mess up some gotcha questions, too.

"Gotcha questions?" Give me a break. Nothing like having daddy defend his daughter since she can't defend herself (i.e. McCain defending Palin during an interview coming to her rescue by claiming the media questions were "gotcha questions."). Just yet another one of many excuses given by the McCain campaign as to Palin's poor performance. The entire "liberal" media is out to get Palin. Boo-hoo. Sorry Palin, but you're in the public eye, so learn to accept it.
i

This will be my last post here. I have things to do.

Funny how I never saw or heard any such reports in the media or on TV. Sounds like "The Road" is a Conservative-based website which tells me alot about your "objectivity" in discussing this.
This is the CBS website, not a conservative website. That's a blog entry by a CBS journalist. Here's another one from ABC talking about the same thing. Political Punch

I disagree. The difference between Obama's gaffe about the U.S. having 57 states is the fact that it was a slip of the tongue and not based on his geographical knowledge. Big difference.
I'm giving Obama the benefit of the doubt that he slipped up. I'm giving Sarah Palin the same benefit of the doubt.

Spoken from a true Conservative. With that being the case, what else would you expect Conservatives to say about how the media treated Palin?
I have a lot of company:

- According to Rasmussen, over half of voters think the press is trying to hurt Sarah Palin. Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

- According to the Pew Research Center, 70% of respondents say that the media favors Obama. Summary of Findings: Most Voters Say News Media Wants Obama to Win

- A recent study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs concludes the press showed bias towards Obama. Study: Media coverage has favored Obama campaign - Yahoo! News

- The Washington Post admitted a bias towards Obama. Deborah Howell - An Obama Tilt in Campaign Coverage - washingtonpost.com

"Horribly shoddy reporting?" In what way? Seems to me that the media's portrayal of Palin was 100% accurate -- especially in regards to *all* of their coverage focusing on the one-on-one interviews *Palin* did. The media didn't twist Palin's words around to make her look bad -- that was entirely Palin's doing.
There are lots of examples. I'll give just a few of the most blatant.

- The AP quoted her telling a church “Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God." The problem is they truncated the first part of her sentence without leading ellipsis to change the meaning. That's shoddy reporting. Here's her actual quote: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God." She was telling them to pray that whatever our leaders are doing, it's part of God's plan. She later clarified this in the interview with Gibson.

- In an "analysis", the AP accuses Palin of racism for bringing up William Ayers. By the AP's own standards, analyses are not opinion pieces. Analysis: Palin's words carry racial tinge

- A reporter for the Scranton Times-Tribune wrote that someone in the audience yelled "Kill him!" during a Palin rally and she did nothing. That claim was repeated in the media. The Secret Service investigated and determined the claim was unfounded. Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded | Wilkes-Barre breaking news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

This is just the MSM. This doesn't include the hate coming at her from the left, which I don't even want to get into here.

As for the Gibson interview, it seemed to me that he was trying to embarrass her with that question, but that's subjective. I'd be willing to give him more benefit of the doubt if he didn't also ask her to explain the above mentioned quote:

GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words.

As I said, I can't agree with everything she said, and she did say some dumb stuff, but that doesn't make her dumb. I've said a lot of dumb stuff, too. I do think the media should look into stuff that may hurt a candidate, but they should do it with much more honesty and balance than they have. I can just picture Stanley Kurtz of the National Review sitting alone in a library in Chicago trying to figure out where he was directing money in the Chicago Annenberg Challenge while his mainstream counterparts were out in Alaska dumpster diving or looking for dirt on Joe the Plumber.

For the record, I don't want to make it seem like I disapprove of the smears coming toward Sarah Palin while approving of those coming towards Barack Obama. All that stuff about him being a secret Muslim terrorist is equally poisonous.

Sheesh, talking about a president in 2012? Why don't we worry about now and focus on Obama! He hasn't even started yet and wait til after Jan 2009.

This will be my last post here. I have things to do.

This is the CBS website, not a conservative website. That's a blog entry by a CBS journalist. Here's another one from ABC talking about the same thing. Political Punch

I don't give any credence to information found in blogs. Bloggers have their own agenda which is biased -- liberal and conservative alike.

I'm giving Obama the benefit of the doubt that he slipped up. I'm giving Sarah Palin the same benefit of the doubt.

I have a lot of company:

- According to Rasmussen, over half of voters think the press is trying to hurt Sarah Palin. Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

- According to the Pew Research Center, 70% of respondents say that the media favors Obama. Summary of Findings: Most Voters Say News Media Wants Obama to Win

- A recent study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs concludes the press showed bias towards Obama. Study: Media coverage has favored Obama campaign - Yahoo! News

- The Washington Post admitted a bias towards Obama. Deborah Howell - An Obama Tilt in Campaign Coverage - washingtonpost.com

Given Palin's ditzy behavior, it's no wonder the media favored Obama.

There are lots of examples. I'll give just a few of the most blatant.

- The AP quoted her telling a church “Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God." The problem is they truncated the first part of her sentence without leading ellipsis to change the meaning. That's shoddy reporting. Here's her actual quote: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God." She was telling them to pray that whatever our leaders are doing, it's part of God's plan. She later clarified this in the interview with Gibson.

Palin said, "...a task that is from G*d" meaning that the war in Iraq was created by G*d.

- In an "analysis", the AP accuses Palin of racism for bringing up William Ayers. By the AP's own standards, analyses are not opinion pieces. Analysis: Palin's words carry racial tinge

Palin wasn't being racist when she brought up Ayers. However, she was being 100% inaccurate.

- A reporter for the Scranton Times-Tribune wrote that someone in the audience yelled "Kill him!" during a Palin rally and she did nothing. That claim was repeated in the media. The Secret Service investigated and determined the claim was unfounded. Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded | Wilkes-Barre breaking news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

That may be true, but there has been evidence of a McCain supporter shouting "Terrorist!" after McCain asked, "Who is the *real* Barack Obama?" Thanks to their embarrassing and inexcuseable behavior, McCain supporters have forever turned election rallies into platforms for vicious and unrelentless attacks against the opponent.

This is just the MSM. This doesn't include the hate coming at her from the left, which I don't even want to get into here.

Liberals aren't the only ones who hate Palin. If you think the same isn't true of Conservatives, then you're obviously blinded by your own bias of Palin.

As for the Gibson interview, it seemed to me that he was trying to embarrass her with that question, but that's subjective. I'd be willing to give him more benefit of the doubt if he didn't also ask her to explain the above mentioned quote:

GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words.

How can Palin not know what she said? Either she said that or she didn't.

As I said, I can't agree with everything she said, and she did say some dumb stuff, but that doesn't make her dumb. I've said a lot of dumb stuff, too. I do think the media should look into stuff that may hurt a candidate, but they should do it with much more honesty and balance than they have. I can just picture Stanley Kurtz of the National Review sitting alone in a library in Chicago trying to figure out where he was directing money in the Chicago Annenberg Challenge while his mainstream counterparts were out in Alaska dumpster diving or looking for dirt on Joe the Plumber.

Mainstream counterparts in Alaska dumpster diving or looking for dirt on "Joe the Plumber?" Really? If I remember correctly, the entire state of Alaska was a "red" state meaning they they *supported* McCain/Palin and the infamous "Joe the Plumber."

With that, I have nothing more to say. As I said, it's time to concentrate on Obama and the changes he plans to make for our country. It's time to move forward and look ahead to better things to come.
i

Cause she left us with so much material.

No she didn't. The press did. A lot of that material is more fiction then fact.

I'm all for Sarah Palin getting to be president in 2012. With a bit of luck people will come to their senses by then when Obama breaks all his promises.

I'm all for Sarah Palin getting to be president in 2012. With a bit of luck people will come to their senses by then when Obama breaks all his promises.

Sounds like your scarascm.

dreama,

It wasn't the press who answered questions for Palin during her one-on-one interviews. It wasn't the press who made her political gaffes during the McCain campaign. It wasn't the press who made Palin look like a fool -- she did that all on her own.

Obama hasn't even taken office yet he has already kept several of his promises. I'd say he's off to a good start and intends to keep as many of his promises as he can.

By the way, it's unrealistic to expect a President to keep *all* of their promises. If that's what you expect from Obama, you're going to be sadly disappointed.

No. Not sarcastic. I actually LIKE Sarah Palin. What is so terrible about that.

Want to meet the real Sarah Palin?

Go to Neighbour's bar in Seattle, a gay bar, where they are having a "Sarah Palin Look-alike contest! " :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back